[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will you use a pager service in this kind of situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: pager_apollo.jpg (23KB, 349x257px) Image search: [Google]
pager_apollo.jpg
23KB, 349x257px
If you want to do a vacation trip to Rio de Janeiro and want to protect your smartphone and also need communication.

Will you pay for a pager service?

Nobody want to steal that old devices!
>>
Just buy a burner phone you idiot.
>>
>>56084564
A pager is an alternative! :)
>>
>>56084671
A shittier alternative. Similar to how carrying around tin cans and a string is "an alternative"
>>
>>56084723
Why is it shittier? A pager service have some advantage like a permanent number to get communications.

Burner phones use disposable numbers.
>>
>>56084671
A cheap, $10 mobile phone will work wherever there is mobile coverage. A more expensive, niche product will work wherever there is niche coverage.

So, pros:
>Nobody will steal it

Cons:
>More expensive, because niche
>Less coverage
>Less features
>Harder to use
>>
>>56084841
You can literally have whatever open phone number you want with any phone. You know that, right?
>>
>>56084844
But pager services can be cheaper and with a free pager device!
>>
>>56084866
I know, but pager must reborn!
>>
>>56084935
No. If you're taking a short trip, they're not going to give you a free pager. Just no. Stop.

Pagers belong in the group of 90s things that we gave up for a reason, same with happy pants.
>>
>>56084935
>But pager services can be cheaper
Where? I pay less than $10 per month for cell service and can get a dumb phone for under $20.
>>
It's time to move on, OP. Pagers are dead. Burner phones are the future.
>>
>>56084844

>A more expensive, niche product will work wherever there is niche coverage.

I hope you're talking about phones because oagers work with radio frequency you retard. As shown by the NASA you can even receive the messages in the moon, Does your phone have coverage in the moon? Your phone looks pretty niche and expensive if you ask me.
>>
>>56085684
Uhh... Phones work with radio frequency too. But you're so confident in your response, I presume you knew that, right? ...right.
>>
They see you with a pager and you'll be marked as someone special. Instead of getting robbed you'll get taken and ransomed.
>>
>>56084482
They might not recognize it's a pager and think you got some super advanced technology causing them to mug you. You really wanna get mugged over a pager?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.