[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Questions that don't deserve a thread" Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I lease my modem/router from my ISP and they don't allow their users to log into it. I've read I can bypass this by connecting another router to it and putting one into "bridge mode", and I have a few questioned about that.

Will my speeds be bottlenecked if I hook up a "worse" router? Can devices connect to either of them, or will previously connected devices need to be reconnected?
>>
Why don't you just buy your own router and modem?
>>
>>56081555
I'd like to, but I still live with my parents. They'd only be satisfied if I bought the same one, and that's $200.

I'd like to be able to just set this up and be the only one to connect to it, and leave everyone else connected to the first router. Is that possible?

All I want to do is have the ability to forward ports to host gameservers.
>>
One. Get a decent router that you can mod/flash later. Decent enough investment to get a better grasp of what your router can do and is capable of in the future. Plus it's fun turning old routers into semi-femtocells.

2. Two: Why not just share the router? Or (probably out of technical range for most) create an VLAN for something unique to you. But if you absolutely must, get a decent router regardless.
>>
>>56081460
can someone recommend me a good sub £100 bluetooth speaker? something I can throw in my bag and take about

cheers m8s
>>
File: wearable.jpg (127KB, 1484x1077px) Image search: [Google]
wearable.jpg
127KB, 1484x1077px
Looking for wrist tech with these criteria

>under $200
>tells time
>swim proof
>vibrate notifications/wake up
>extremely long battery life

any ideas?
>>
Looking for a DAC that is decent for the price tier. Anything around 120 is okay with me.
>>
>>56081865
you would need to forward the ports on both routers I believe because you are accessing the internet through the locked one so your out of luck.
>>
>>56083422
Yup. Can confirm. Plugged one router into the other, was able to access the second's router settings. Forwarded ports just fine, but when I use an online port checking tool it says they are still closed.
>>
>>56083245
Mi Band 2
>>
>>56081460
>>56081865
>$200
pic in op is $100 new or $45 refurbished
>ISP doesn't allow users to log in2 router
have you tried
username: admin
password: motorola
if it doesn't work the first time, do a hard reset and try again (reset button on the back).
>>
>>56083953
also forgot to mention ... combo router/modems are gay and will eventually succumb to the aids that's planned obsolescence
>>
is it possible to setup some imacro/script or something in some chrome extension that checks a webpage for a certain word (or phrase) and reports back to me when it finds it ?

What im trying to do is basically refresh a page every few minutes and see if an item is in stock or not and notify me.
>>
>>56081460
>3 products in one device

lol, even the manufacturer cant count

>cable modem
>ethernet switch
>router
>wifi access point

That's 4, not 3...
>>
>I lease my modem/router from my ISP and they don't allow their users to log into it.

Cucked hard.
>>
>>56081460
I have a surfboard modem, To access the admin page you need to disconnect it from cable and connect it to your pc via ethernet, Then you can access it.

It locks itself down when it detects an internet connection, Maybe for security or who knows.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.