[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what has caused decline in quality in Apple products?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 28

File: knowledge_graph_logo.png (10KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
knowledge_graph_logo.png
10KB, 302x302px
everything, from the design to functionality has gone to shit. Is it truly Jobs death or is Johnny Ive jus burnt out and passé?

t. macfag, seriously.
>>
they figured they can sell crap either way.
>>
>is Johnny Ive jus burnt out and passé

he has probably run out of stuff to copy
>>
>>56077760
this
>>
They were never good. You only realize it now because they aren't popularizing previously unpopular gadgets. Novelty and marketing can only go so far.
>>
>>56077822
my macbooks pretty damn comfy senpai
>>
>>56077752
Money. If they cant be cool and innovative without Jobs, they can at least try to one up him on profits, so thats what theyll do
>>
There's is good reason why apples went to shit and had to beg jobs back. You are seeing that now again.
>>
>>56077752
Jobs death.
Ever since he died there has been no innovation or anything really, things just got worse.
>inb4 Antennagate
yeah, one product
>>
>>56077752
Tim Cook can't run the company.
>>
I do think Jobs death had something to do with it because they're not following the same guidelines anymore.
>>
>>56077822
The original ipod was god tier. Same goes for the first 3 iphones compared to their competition at the time. Lucky me i didnt invest in them because Applels been shitty for a while and it's probably going to be a long time before theyre ever kind of good again.
>>
>>56077752
Steve Jobs died

Fuck Tim Cook
>>
>>56077752
Jobs was a cheat and an asshole but at least he had an eye for proper design. He never would have allowed the release of the iPhone 6/7, Pencil, or that retarded mouse whose name I forgot that had the charging port on the bottom.
>>
The magic trackpad had me using hackintosh for a good while.

The new one however is so shitty. Clicking on it is annoying.
>>
>>56077752
there's no decline in quality
there's just a raise in awareness
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>56077752
Death of their leader
>>
>>56077760
/bread
>>
>>
>why don't apple products look as good now that they're not surrounded by jobs's reality distortion field
it's a mystery.
>>
>>56078185
trackpads are the only way to use OSX in a comfy way. Seriously even their own mice sucks
>>
>>56077822
XP SP2 and Tiger/Snow Leopard are still the high water mark
>>
>>56080640
Eh, I used my steelseries rival and it didn't work awfully, though I needed smoothmouse to disable acceleration

However OSX specifically really likes the whole fucking gesture thing
>>
Is this quality?
>>
>>56077839
This, I'm a macfag for 7 months now, you wouldn't make me switch back even if you offered me a top of the line non applel device.
>>
>>56077839
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
1. /g/ really needs to give Apple credit for what they did in the early days.

2. Cause Jobs died - he was Apple.
>>
>>56077752

The change in who they view as their consumer.

Apple used to sell to people that wanted to pay premium for a polished, highly useful product.

Now they sell to people that want to pay premium to look cool.

Still miles ahead of Windows, but moving in the wrong direction. I think a space in the market for professionals will open up soon and hopefully another company will try to compete.
>>
>>56081059
That pasta getting stale as fuck
>>
File: 1440413685936.png (133KB, 610x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1440413685936.png
133KB, 610x1054px
>>56081236
>credit for what they did in the early days.
>>
>>56081280
>mactoddler still can't refute a single fact
>>
>>56081306
But I don't use a single Apple product

I'm just stating facts you nignog
>>
>>56077822
Powerbook 12"?
>>
File: 1315735033578_0.jpg (562KB, 800x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1315735033578_0.jpg
562KB, 800x1705px
>>56081280
Doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>56077752
>from the design to functionality has gone to shit
Is this your personal opinion or do you have any objective data supporting this view?

I'd say the improved quite a bit after Jobs kicked the bucket.

In the mobile sector iOS got useable. Their prices got better (SE is pretty much the most affordable high end phone)

For laptops, they introduced this generations Air and improved Mac OS - iOS integration, further keeping people in their ecosystem and helping with work flow.

So much about functionality. As for design, well their new things like Apple Watch or Macbook are probably best in class visually, iPads and Macs are solid. Only phones look pretty boring now, although only Samsung is really innovating there these days.
>>
>>56081576
>macshit
>best in class

see >>56081059
>>
>>56081633
Sorry but I am not interested in a faulty pasta written by some /v/ outcast.
>>
>>56081788
see >>56081059
>>
>>56081808
Very well. Do you have anything to add beyond spam?

Hard mode: Anything of value.
>>
>>56081899
see >>56081059
>>
Diversity
>>
>>56081928
This is the extend of spambots in 2016? So much about AI revolution.
>>
>>56081998
see >>56081059
>>
First Mac was a Mac IIsi. Mario Teaches Typing, Escape Velocity, Dome Wars, Bolo, Apeiron, Exile 1-3, Hypercard, Myst... that computer and me had a damn good time. Next was a Performa 6500. Nice tower for the time, just in time for Escape Velocity Override and Nova to drop. Moved on to the Internet via AOL and glorious 28.8 modem. Started playing MUDs via telnet. The beginning of the end, really. Then I was on to an eMac G4, easily one of the comfiest computers I've ever used. Nice 17" CRT display, even played WoW at a shit framerate. Loved it. TiMac G4 came with me to college, but it came secondhand from another owner and the board had a problem that caused random lockups. Meh. Swapped it for a cheapo Dell that I put Ubuntu on. Missing Macs at this point... got myself into Intel territory FINALLY with a 27" iMac. Installed Windows, finally got to mess around with PC gaming. Bought and sold a Macbook Pro 13" before they were retina. Recently finally built myself a monstrous Hackintosh, i7 4790k, 16gb RAM, 780ti 3gb nVidia card, all the hard drives and SSDs. For working on the road, snagged an 11" Macbook Air. Of all the Macs I've ever used, it's by far the comfiest, most badass little machine. Don't see myself parting with it. Eventually it'll just become the center of an AV setup, probably.
>>
iphone and ipad were pretty cool at first, but once amazon got their shit together with kindle and netflix went mainstream they lost their competitive advantage. iphone is a good device for normies but it isn't gonna be around forever considering it isn't open source and such a walled garden. meanwhile linux and bsd run on all kinds of industrial embedded shit like industrial controllers. learning mac development is the new 90s cert whoring.
>>
I got an MBP from work and i'm liking el capitan so far...
>>
>>56077752
>what has caused decline in quality in Apple products?
Jobs died.
/thread
>>
They were as shitty when Steve Jobs was alive. But he had his Reality Distorsion Field deployed.
>>
>>56077760
>fpbp
Also worth mentioning that they really stopped selling as much as they wanted. Basically there's a low fewer macfags willing to re-up every cycle now so they're more or less recycling and making shit worse every cycle instead of trying to improve. I imagine the logic behind it is ultimately that they're tapped out in terms of innovation and from here on out they're just going to patent whore and carefully guard their market share like Microsoft so that interloping competitors get fucked by the government.
>>
>>56080869
Numales need their status symbols. That really says nothing about their performance.
>>
>>56083912
Nah, steve had a way of divining what made something good design
>>
Jobs was complete perfectionist, he would be appalled at that battery pack cover and chargeable stylus (which should be charged by sticking it to the side of an iPad at least, not sticking out the bottom)
>>
There are two sides to Steve Jobs, the engineering side and the salesman side.

The pragmatic designer side is the side that only the engineers inside Apple knew. Behind all the hype and showmanship Steve Jobs was very concerned with design and usability. He was always on the lookout for new technology and new ideas. The products werent good because he stroked egos, they were good because Jobs was hands on and oversaw every aspect of design.

Then there was the showman side of Steve Jobs, that is the side that the public only knew. When Jobs died his replacement was by someone who had no understanding for the technology. Tim Cook has a degree in industrial design which is basically assembly line optimization. Tim Cook doesnt know shit about computers or software. Apple is pretty much run by the marketing department now. Apple is simply trying to prop up the image of Apple by giving people lots of shitty gadgets that have no real technical value and they just hype it by playing along with Jobs theme of being 'different'. Everything is shit from Apple since Jobs died because the people running Apple are just marketeers trying to sell an image.
>>
non mac users dont realize how comfy macbooks are. my girlfriend got a t460s thinkpad, i love the thing, but still it's just not as comfy as my macbook i've had for 6 years
>>
>>56084070
there are two sides to me... nicest guy you'll ever meet and twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>56084070
Steve never engineered shit. He just knew how to sell stuff and steal talent off his friends
>>
>>56084121
you werent born back when Apple hardware was cutting edge over anything in the computer industry and when software on Mac revolutionized graphics editing
>>
>>56084164
oh you mean never?
>>
>>56084164
>>56084181

but, yeah, final cut used to be pretty good, why the hell did they actually choose to gimp it?
>>
>>56084121
he saved apple from bankruptcy when he came back to work for apple in the late 90s
>>
>>56084229
true, because he knew what would sell and how to sell it. He had terrific ideas and vision, but never really engineered a thing
>>
>>56084266
so a person who produces paint should be more recognised than famous artists?
>>
>>56084308
wut
>>
>>56084121
He was great at QA though. Yelled at his people over it.
>>
>>56084266
>but never really engineered a thing
he wasnt a trained engineer but he was self taught in programming on very low level hardware at a time when all computers were made from scratch. You people are trying to make it look like he didnt know anything about technology, he knew a lot. He just happened to be a better manager than a designer, obviously.
>>
>>56084325
yeah, exactly. I'm not trying to belittle him, he still was the soul of apple, but he really wasn't an engineer in the STEM sense
>>
>>56077752
>what has caused decline in quality in Apple products?
They no longer have to make their products good, because their retarded fanbase of today equates the brand and price tag with quality, not the actual product

Why bother when you don't have to
>>
>>56077752
Apple used to bring out new products very rarely with Steve Jobs being the vision behind each new one
Now thier trying to churn out shit constantly and none of it has the innovation it used to have. Thier just trying to fill the market with shit to stay relevant whereas they really should just stop unitl they have something worthwhile
>>
>>56077752
Jobs always brought the cold reality to both NeXT and Apple.

Without him, they tend to wander into idiocy.
>>
>>56084529
yet he died for his belief in homeopathy and natural remedies. Ironic.
>>
Jony no longer has Jobs' input and Cook is a 'yes man'
>>
>>56081251
>I think a space in the market for professionals will open up soon and hopefully another company will try to compete.
Dell already dominates the professional market though.
>>
File: 1470480857521.jpg (162KB, 941x679px) Image search: [Google]
1470480857521.jpg
162KB, 941x679px
>>56077752
>>
>>56084341
>but he was self taught in programming on very low level hardware at a time when all computers were made from scratch

[citation needed]
>>
>>56077752
What gets me the most is that the iphone's design has completely stagnated. I mean, the iphone 6 wasn't that much different despite the size and round edges. It was still the exact same kind of concept as ever. Then you have the 6s that is literally a carbon copy and now the 7 is set actually be fucking uglier than it's predecessor. Meanwhile, the s7 edge looks fucking outstanding and makes the iphone look like something from 5 years ago. It's kinda embarassing already tbqh.
>>
>>56077752
It's my opinion that Johnny isn't a passionate young man with a rock star of industry to impress any more in Steve Jobs. He's a middle aged near billionaire who hired people he "deeply trusts" to fill his shoes. And as long as sales are climbing, he doesn't care any more to scrutinize the small details. However, if things go wrong, he also has a shield for his legacy at the expense of those whom he "deeply trusts."

Thats MHO.
>>
>>56084636
The Note 7 is pretty fantastic, they finally have a real Black color instead of that cancerous "Samsung blue".
>>
>>56084344
reddit
>>
File: Scott_Forstall.jpg (912KB, 1370x2055px) Image search: [Google]
Scott_Forstall.jpg
912KB, 1370x2055px
>>56084596

Reminder that Scott Forstall is the rightful successor to Jobs. A genius that is known for being a complete dick that has since gone on to become successful in other fields - just like Jobs. Was ousted by dicks from Apple, just like Jobs. Will return to Apple when they become another laughing stock in the near future (after the disastrous sales of future iDevices for removing the 3.5mm headphone jack)
>>
>>56084675

Just have him change his skin color and they'll hire him on the spot.
>>
>>56084070
>Apple is pretty much run by the marketing department now

Not really. They design and make a lot of their own chips.
>>
>>56084673
I was here since before reddit was popular, so, not really.
>>
>>56080818
See. This is the shit I can't stand. Instead of a powerhouse dGPU for its Pro customer's, 2016 Apple will instead intergrate an "eloquent" rip off of an AliumWhere or Razor laptop. Nu-Apple couldn't give a damn about its Pro users. With the exception of the iPad Pro. Which is really damn good for the small market it serves.
>>
>>56084672
Samsung needs to get its shit together and do something else about the space on their upper and lower bezels. Dunno, there's something off about them, including that fucking hideous home button, that simply need to go but I can't really put my finger on what specifically besides that. The screen is fucking god tier though. The iphone would be pretty as fuck if it had the same design philosophy because even though the bezzels are still there, I kinda like what they did with their home button. And yes, that samsung blue shit is fucking horrendous, maybe that's what was actually bothering me about the s7 edge at the store. The gold version looks fucking sweet though.
>>
What are examples of Apple product quality declines?
>>
>>56084675
that shirt is a laughing stock
>>
Steve Jobs is DEAD
Walt Disney is DEAD

Name somebody living you can even mention in the same breath as them.
>>
>>56084722
Bill Gates
>>
>>56084730
>Microsoft anything
>good

please be joking
>>
>>56084707
>They design and make a lot of their own chips.
With a big chunk of the silicon space used to cheat SHA1 benchmarks, giving massively inflated Geekbench 3 scores. Although, the entire ARM industry is now guilty for it.
>>
File: glorious human specimen.jpg (73KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
glorious human specimen.jpg
73KB, 640x426px
>>56084722

RMS
M
S
>>
>>56084718
The Samsung logo on the front needs to go, I think that's the only change they need.
>>
>>56084736
Billy G is the father of modern computing, squirt
>>
>>56084722
Oprah Winfrey
>>
>>56084748
It's irrelevant when discussing "they're just run by marketing" when they fucking make their own chips. It doesn't matter what the benchmarks are.
>>
Applel was never a great computer company to begin with. They're a gadget company primarily and have been since the iPod.
>>
>>56084783
This, they ONLY make hands down the best laptop computers available :')
>>
>>56084567
>yet he died for his belief in homeopathy and natural remedies. Ironic.
he died of AIDS, I cant figure out why anyone on 4chan would deny that. wikileaks uncovered the proof of him being diagnosed with AIDS. There was never any proof that he had cancer or had any operation. This homeopathic remedy stuff was all a cover
>>
>>56084807
>>>/pol/
>>
>>56084765
was going to disagree but really it is kind of shitty looking, the logo itself isn't terrible but it really adds to that "sub-par feature phone" look that really just rubs me the wrong way when it comes to their products

>>56084770
all he did was port and clone shit to other platforms, even NT was designed by poached DEC engineers
>>
>>56084783
The OS X hype was pretty cool when linux was still hard to use and Windows was complete shit (early 2000s). It was all about "switching". But now OS X is on the backburner and Apple is stretched so thin in so many technologies.
>>
>>56084807
riigghhtt
>>
File: kgHwZdd.jpg (835KB, 1024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
kgHwZdd.jpg
835KB, 1024x1432px
>>56084722
Kanye West
>>
File: 1470452117157.png (543KB, 1010x758px) Image search: [Google]
1470452117157.png
543KB, 1010x758px
>>56084807
>>56084567
this sums him up pretty well
>>
>>56084783
Macs were pretty good in the 68k and early-mid PPC era, even the later PPC systems are pretty alright when the expense/value wasn't an object
>>
>>56084630
read any bio on Jobs, this is just some stuff I picked off the wikipedia page of Jobs:

>In 1973, Steve Wozniak designed his own version of the classic video game Pong. After finishing it, Wozniak gave the board to Jobs, who then took the game down to Atari, Inc. in Los Gatos, California. Atari thought that Jobs had built it and gave him a job as a technician.[27][28] Atari's cofounder Nolan Bushnell later described him as "difficult but valuable", pointing out that "he was very often the smartest guy in the room, and he would let people know that."[29]

>By early 1973, Jobs was living what Brennan describes as a "simple life" in a Los Gatos cabin, working at Atari, and saving money for his impending trip to India. Brennan visited him twice at the cabin

Im sure there is a lot of other info on him when he went to the homebrew club at Stanford, Im not going to dig al that up
>>
File: 1263405680675.jpg (171KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1263405680675.jpg
171KB, 1280x1024px
>>56084807
>>56084814
>>56084830

It's true. Pic related.
>>
>>56084718
Negro what? That homebutton and capacitive keys in the bezel (instead of wasting screen space like the average Android) are one of the key parts that differentiate Samsung phones from the rest of the dross. Besides, it's the best place for fingerprint reader on somehow normal sized phones.

With Edge they passed Apple in design department and their hardware is pretty nice beyond the godly screen too (Exynos shits on Lagdragon, battery life is nice)

The thing that drags them down is the software side, as if Lagdroid wasn't enough, they have to rape it with their cancerous UI and tripple the amount of base apps. It's annoying for normal users and absolutely unacceptable for business users.

>>56084765
That's true or at least made into an actual logo instead of letters.

>>56084748
Yeah, it's not like they actually have a functional encryption that doesn't rape performance and molest ARM chips with twice the amount of cores in real use performance.

>>56084825
OSX may be not their priority but they still improve it bit for bit instead of doing crazy experiments that don't work out like MS. Loonix is irrelevant for desktop users without professional software, and it was easy to use for a decade now.
>>
>>56084752
RMS Titanic, amirite.
>>
>>56084825
the early versions of os x were buggy and slow up until panther and tiger.
>>
>>56084870

Nothing from that section of Wiki mentions Jobs programming anything. Woz was the technical genius.
>>
> Steve Jobs shut down the iOS 7 flat/colorful/minimal UI concepts twice before he died
> Literal words out of his mouth: "We have the world's most beautiful screen on a mobile phone; why the fuck are we going to show off basic lines and shapes on it?"
>>
>>56084904

source?
>>
>>56084892
yeah but there was enough of a momentum to try it. a lot of people bought macs for this reason. apple is losing momentum.
>>
>>56077752
>he thinks apple has had a single quality product since the first imac aka when steve realized people would buy nice trash
>>
>>56081306
I've refuted every single one of them more than once. People who post this pasta never respond so it's pretty clear they got BTFO'd every time.
>>
>>56084884

Have some respect for Saint Stallman, you peon.
>>
>>56084950
don't forget macfags circlejerk over "thin" so their primate instincts are to make fun of a guy who admits food is one of his favorite indulgences
>>
>>56084943
>Being this much of an edgelord
/v/ is that way -->
>>
File: 2010-02-15_181633_2.png (175KB, 784x714px) Image search: [Google]
2010-02-15_181633_2.png
175KB, 784x714px
>>56084881
Why are all of your verb choices acts of sexual violence? Put the Red Bull down Blink 182 and speak like an adult.
>>
>>56084943
I thought the original mac was what this thread was about?
>>
>>56084983
It's true, retard
Also there's literally not a single /v/ thread that is interesting, so why should I go there?
>>56084993
Have I said that the original mac was shit? That wasn't even applels first product anyway
>>
>>56084985
They seem like the most sufficient choice to describe the vast difference in the power dynamics err performance.
>>
>>56084985
he's obviously a know-it-all
>>
>>56084976
I have a Chromebook. I cam on it with a FWB, other than that my LG V10 is all I use. So...not a MacFag. Stallman is still Groady McToad.
>>
>>56084902
>Woz was the technical genius
why does /g/ jerk off to Woz so much like he was some kind of Seymour Cray-tier savant because he built a low-end 8 bit out of off the shelf parts like pretty much every other home computing hobbyist in the '70s

it's just as retarded as the people on the other side who think Jobs was some kind of saint that never took advantage of Woz' skillset and ambitions even once
>>
>>56085030

Jealous much?
>>
File: a pepe can dream.jpg (18KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
a pepe can dream.jpg
18KB, 400x387px
>>56077752
Apple would do good releasing a developer version that can be easily jailbroken with all firmwares signed forever and relaxed LLB/DFU image verification and an open iBoot. I'd pay double for that shit. It would be to iOS what Nexus is to Android. Apple is absolutely retarded for not doing this yet. Android is a steaming pile of shit and the only thing that stops me from moving on is root access and the option to use custom OS versions and Kernels. Custom Kernels on iOS would be great since the battery life sucks balls. Google would be BTFO if Apple did something like that. Cook and Ives are the ones fucking everything up.

Apple could also release an ARM build of OS X for the iPad Pro and make GNU/Linux officially compatible like Dell has done with Ubuntu. I'd buy a Mac if I could have Ubuntu preinstalled with official support so that dual booting was easier.

>mfw this will never happen
>>
>>56085029
no one cares about your toy faggot
>>
File: _86955055_toppicture.jpg (38KB, 660x436px) Image search: [Google]
_86955055_toppicture.jpg
38KB, 660x436px
>>56077752
Same as Mozilla, Microsoft, and Canonical - hiring too many incompetent minorities and women.
>>
>>56077822
Never used a mac in the 90s when they could only run 10 minutes before crashing?
>>
>>56077942
except for the hard drive that bricked if you breathed on it wrong.
>>
>>56084985
fucking drum brakes are shit
>>
>>56085143

Which cars still come with drum brakes? I thought those were long gone.
>>
File: 20160814_212527.jpg (231KB, 599x576px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_212527.jpg
231KB, 599x576px
>>56085075
>>56085143

Yall lil niggas aint rustlin shit.
>>
>>56085062
no, just annoyed at /g/'s severe second-option bias making them worship people and things for the dumbest reasons

the apple II was shit, get over it
>>
>>56084876
ok that proves it
(it doesnt)
>>
File: 69yenko_mk_16.jpg (83KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
69yenko_mk_16.jpg
83KB, 800x533px
>>56085163
69 Yenko Camaro.
>>
>>56077752
>Is it truly Jobs death or is Johnny Ive jus burnt out and passé?
Hasn't slowed the rate of other outfits copying Apple.
Just look at the number of them that have announced no earphone socket on the strength of a rumor.
>>
>>56077822
Not true. They were good until they stopped evolving.
Now they just copy their competitors features.

Would Steve Jobs have approved the Apple Watch?

What about iTunes still being necessary? We should've moved past that by now. I swear I would seriously consider an iPhone if they didn't have that shit mandatory.
>>
File: muh van.png (1MB, 1106x737px) Image search: [Google]
muh van.png
1MB, 1106x737px
>>56085163
Yeah they are gone id imagine
but i recently bought an old camper van and it has drum brakes
pic related its the van
>>
>>56085220
Thats awesome dude. Bet shes fun to drive.
>>
>>56085249
lol yep
its a different world being a van man
>>
>>56085168

Ha. Loser. Woz is a genius and you're just mad. You can recognise someone's accomplishments without worshipping them you know, dumbass.
>>
>>56081251
lel this

iPhone is a fashion product coasting off the fact it was previously a premium product. They keep it high priced and advertise it the same and hope normies don't notice other smartphones have caught up in every way.
>>
>>56084752
>glorious human specimen.jpg
i want to tickle that triangle of exposed belly.
>>
>>56084783
A lifestyle brand that happens to make electronic devices.
>>
>>56077752
I think they are the same as ever. The image and willingness of people to spend was more important than actual up s and downs of products.

They probably just need to tighten the marketing a bit, the "Jobs = genius" story is biting them back now that he died. I bet they can run the religion even without him, though.
>>
>>56079730
Nice. Czechs are too clever to fool (unless it's elections).
>>
>>56085324
Hello, 12 year old.
>>
>>56084765
It's actually gone in China. Agreed. Not sure if the China model is an Exynos though.
>>
>>56077752
The death of jobs. Cooks is running the company with a very short term outlook, in 10 years they'll be forgotten about, while 10-12 years ago you could easily tell that it would become something great with the steps they were taking towards the open source community and at making better, original products in general.
>>
>>56084675
>after the disastrous sales of future iDevices for removing the 3.5mm headphone jack
You are naive to think that people will really vote with wallets to that degree. Media will call them luddites for rejecting new iphones, their pals will start to buy them one by one, peer pressure to keep the status, here you go. Maybe a 5% hit in one year that will be compensated by the returning sheep in the next.
>>
File: mw2boycott.jpg (120KB, 946x788px) Image search: [Google]
mw2boycott.jpg
120KB, 946x788px
>>56085456
>You are naive to think that people will really vote with wallets to that degree

I know anon. It's worthless but I try to have hope. There's no getting through to people (pic related).
>>
>>56085068
Of course it wouldn't happen, Apple abandoned the "Pro" market and is literally an iToy device manufacturer.
>>
>>56085456
>implying normies don't buy 3 pairs of $10 earbuds a month
>implying this will not be murder on iphone sales

>normie sees galaxy s7 or htc 10 with all the stuff they need like fingerprint readers, headphone jack, muh apps, etc.
>android pay
>see that they can customize and get free music
>apple still won't allow icon packs
Come on now, iPhones are Apple's bread and butter. If they fuck this up they'll be done. The removal of the 3.5 mm jack could be their death. Their sales are going down. I used to like Apple but at this point I hope they crash and burn. This needs to happen.
>>
>>56085163
Budget B segment cars.
Mazda 2
Hyundai Accent
Suzuki Alto
>>
>>56085621
Please read the filename.
>>
>>56085635
but the itunes lockin. billions of burgers worth of content.
>>
Should I get the current macbook pro instead of waiting for the refresh?
>>
where is my headphone jack
>>
>>56085676
No, you should have got one 2 years ago.
>>
>>56085163
Toyota yaris, I think fiat 500's might as well. There's still plenty of company's that will use discs in front and drums in back to save money. Honestly if you're not tracking the car the average consumer would never notice the difference.
>>
For mobile shit like iPhone, iPad, MacBook (yes it's overpriced but still the best laptop on the market imo) they are by far the best.
>>
>>56085646
>>56085694

Horrifying.
>>
>>56085456
I don't know. To be honest I don't think the removal of the headphone jack is fooling anyone.

I feel like all the defenders are just playing trolls games, devils advocates or shills. The only argument I even hear is "its the future, remember when they removed floppys". Hardly an argument, floppys were obsolete, wired headphones are not.

Rumor has it there will be an adapter packed with the phone, but you can imagine what that will look like since the headphone jack is long as fuck. I can just see the thing sticking out of the lightning port now.

I bet it pulls out really easily too, the lightning port from what I've seen, naturally it's not designed to keep stuff in if you accidentally pull on it. The 3.5mm jack really keeps the plug in there, so Stacey's headphones don't come easily when she is running around in yoga pants at the park doing her exercises.
>>
>>56085456
you sound like one of those retards that thought normalfags would eventually put up with the full screen start menu when Win8 came out too

despite /g/'s penchant to project their tech-hipsterism on others, normalfags are the most resistant to actual change of any group, they either invest in headphones, or they buy the cheapest shit they can get, and bluetooth headphones don't fall into either category
>>
>>56084164
That wasn't when Jobs was in charge either.
>>
>>56084717
I wish the MBP went back to being a genuine workstation PC. Get those Xeons, ECC RAM, Quadro/FirePro graphics, multiple storage options, a dock. They could do all these REALLY nicely and charge a ton for it and they won't, why?
>>
File: Beats-Apple.jpg (178KB, 1200x761px) Image search: [Google]
Beats-Apple.jpg
178KB, 1200x761px
>Beats
>Literally the shittest headphones which offer nothing but niggerbass
Why?
>>
>>56085716
>>56085646
When you slam on the brakes the weight of the car shifts to the front wheels, all the drum rears do is help out a tiny bit. It's not a huge deal.
>>
>>56086238

>It's not a huge deal.

Yeah I'm sure the next iteration of formula one cars will go with drums as it's not a big deal
>>
idk 3d touch is pretty cool even though it's useless as shit right now. I feel like it'll become useful once ios10 comes out.
>>
but i think that iphones are still physically appealing
>>
File: disgusting.png (107KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
107KB, 460x276px
>>56086335
>but i think that iphones are still physically appealing
>>
>>56086178
Entirely brand name and fashion, not actually a superior product?
Beats and Apple are a match made in heaven.
>>
File: why-wing.jpg (92KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
why-wing.jpg
92KB, 400x602px
>>56085068
No entry level plastic Macbook for students
No Mac Mini with stackable Thunderbolt GPU expansion
No 2-4bay NAS iServer for home and SMB

Practically all business executives are MUH LATEST IPHONE and wouldn't be caught dead with Android or BB yet Apple makes zero effort to make Macs more enterprise friendly
>>
Apple don't need to spend a fortune on R&D, they just need to change the ios so it looks "newer" and call it the next highest number and then do a fancy marketing campaign and press release and sell it. They have not tried to set the benchmark for quite a few years now they recycling the same technology each time. I used to have iPhone 3 and 4 but by the time the Samsung s2 came out in decided enough was enough. Basically apart from adding nfc to the new phones, nothing has changed in about five years.
>>
>>56086335
They still are but the s7 is neck in neck. Probably prefer the s7 outright without that company logo. Even so that oled screen might tip the scales in its favor
>>
>>56084834
Correct answer
>>
File: nextbsd-aka-freebsd-x-2-638.jpg (55KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
nextbsd-aka-freebsd-x-2-638.jpg
55KB, 638x479px
Fund NeXTBSD and use it as the basis for MacOS+1
>>
Aside from memestry on /g/, unibody macbooks were great tier notebooks but they literally have the exact same design for 5 years. AND THAT DESIGN HEAVILY THROTTLES THE CPU.
>>
>>56081436
>gaming cases
>>
>>56086381
>No Mac Mini with stackable Thunderbolt GPU expansion
That's genius, have a little pedestal with an MXM GPU in it.
>>
>>56086500
You know OS X already uses launchd, right?
>>
>>56086500
NeXTBSD is already just trying to be macOS
>>
>>
>Steve Jobs is the man running the show
>Apple does fine

>Apple fires Steve Jobs
>Without him, the company goes to shit

>Apple begs for him back
>Apple does fine

>Steve Jobs dies
>???
>>
>>56077752
>decline
They were never good.
>>
>>56084722
Elon Musk
>>
>>56084803
>hands down the best laptop computers

maybe from 2005-2012

windows ultrabooks have quickly caught up and surpassed macs in almost every respect except maybe battery life.

apple has neglected their macbooks for several years now and should only be considered a mobile phone company at this point
>>
>>56084675
scott pls go
>>
>>56077752
Tbh, it's a combination of Job's death and Tim Cook's willingness to bend to shareholders. The big reason Steve Jobs left Apple originally was because he told his investors to fuck off when they wanted to ship Mac clones. He believed that the clones would diminish the quality of System 6/7 (forgot which one it was).

So yeah, Tim Cook is literally Tim Cuck since he actually does what his board of directors wants him to do, no matter how bad it is for the brand in the long run.
>>
>>56081059
This pasta has mold. Gross!
>>
>>56081306
>trump supporter doesn't realize his pasta is stale
>probably too busy telling mexico to fuck off
HILLARY 2016 #imwither #f@$!dumpf #americaisalreadygreat
>>
>>56082249
>>56081928
>>56081808
>>56081633
See http://meatspin.fr
>>
File: threadshot_1461008853048.png (152KB, 1080x958px) Image search: [Google]
threadshot_1461008853048.png
152KB, 1080x958px
>>56077752
You idiots would buy a hunk of shit if it had an Apple logo on it.
Seems Apple is finally privy to this information.
>>
>>56089123
>when they wanted to ship Mac clones.
Apple investors wanted to ship Mac clones? Was it because they couldn't ship enough genuine Macs?
Get real.
>>
>>56081306
>>mactoddler still can't refute a single fact
They aren't facts, that's why.
They are claims and assertions. Easily debunked if you stay in the thread more than 15 seconds after you post.
>>
>>56084722
Donald Trump
>>
>>56084722
Adolf Hitler
>>
>>56080818
>replacing the function keys with a touchscreen
>not replacing the trackpad with a touchscreen

how can they drop the ball so hard?

though for the money they cost I would expect them to have each keyboard key to be an individual small screen so you can customize how each button looks
>>
>>56084721
just like Jobs
>>
Macs are so ducking infuriating.

>My boss was writing a long report for a recent audit he had done
>crashes
>tries to find autosave
>nowhere to be found
>it saves in a very specfic folder that cannot be accessed easily
>have to jump through hoops and scour the Internet to figure out how to find
>try to use finder to get to folder
>cannot find
>i figure out that hidden folders are not findable
>have to figure out how to unhide folders
>do it, then go and find it

Navigating system files on a mac is soooo fucking shit

I blame office for not saving automatically to an accessible folder but I equally blame the os for how difficult it makes to find folders
>>
It's honestly fucking hilarious how easily people can be brainwashed by large corporations to the point that if they see someone using or discussing things they don't personally like they have to post from there "______ hate" folders until everybody knows that they don't like said products, they are just computers people. No reason to try and derail conversations just because it's about something you don't like. The only reason I can see someone doing so is either their own autism or that they are being paid to do so.
>inb4 ad hominem that only proves my point
>>
>>56090283
I can't take seriously people who use "love" and "hate" about tech products.
>>
>>56077752
All about making money with what you can get away with (and keeping supply chain wastage in control).

T Cook sees people still buying 3 year old tech (e.g. Mac Pros, Minis – computers only make up 10 percent of Apples' profits) at the same 3 year old price.

Competitors copy any real innovation within 2 months of Apple doing it...

So why bother when you still make a shit load of money?
>>
>>56089499
>>it saves in a very specfic folder that cannot be accessed easily
That is an application problem, not a systtem problem.
If you worked in IT you'd know that and you'd also know how to fix it.
Don't go blaming a documented system for your ignorance.
>>
>>56089499
>too dumb for OSX
sad
>>
>>56077752
>decline in quality

Apple shit was always shit and their higher exposure is making their marketing cover-ups less and less effective.
>>
File: stevejobsvegan.jpg (114KB, 941x438px) Image search: [Google]
stevejobsvegan.jpg
114KB, 941x438px
>>
>>56089231
>Get real.
Not him but
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_clone
> From early 1995 through mid-1997, it was possible to buy PowerPC-based clone computers running Mac OS, most notably from Power Computing. Other licensees were Motorola, Radius, APS Technologies, DayStar Digital, UMAX, MaxxBoxx, Bandai (Apple Pippin), and Tatung.
>>
>>56089157
One could say it's an... evergreen pasta.
>>
>>56092836
And against all odds, he was succesful. Dead people don't need showers.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.