[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really enjoy programming and the theory behind algorithms,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: EdsgerDijkstra.jpg (22KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
EdsgerDijkstra.jpg
22KB, 220x293px
I really enjoy programming and the theory behind algorithms, but I don't care about computers.
I know how they work of course, because this is essential to being a good programmer, but I don't care about computer hardware.
I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head which graphics card or processor I have in my machine.
I've never built my own computer either. I've always had hand-me-down computers from tech-savvy friends and family.

Anyone else like this? I feel like I'm in the minority.
>>
I use my computer constantly, but I don't like computers. I like information - and computers are currently the best tools for accessing information.

Such is the plight of an INTP.
>>
>>56070189
OP here. INTP as well. I really hope this graph isn't real.
>>
>>56070208
I think it takes into account all the perpetually NEET INTPs. INTPs who manage to hold down a job seem to do okay for themselves.
>>
>>56070189
>>56070208
>>56070249

look at these fucking gentiles

>>56070125

Those who have unusual interest in hardware are just buyfags ("consumers","sheeple")

When you see a buyfag thread, hide it and move on.

You aren't really in a minority; I doubt /g/ really has a majority group.

you are just among a specific group.
>>
>>56070208
>>56070189
Even though the Briggs mode is a shit, I'm "INTP" and ADHD, probably Asperger's, but married and making $90k/yr.

INTPs can make it.
>>
>>56070873
Thanks family. Do you think she married you for the cheddar?
>>
/g/ is overrun with gamer retards these days, but there are still people like us left here

Any discussion of hardware is an enormous red flag desu.
>>
>>56070125
do you care about CPU internals, EE, and other low-level hardware theory?
>>
>>56071068
Not that much desu
Maybe if I took a closer look at it though
>>
>>56070125
It sounds like you're a normal computer scientist
>>
>>56070189
>believes in personality types

They're just horoscopes for atheists.
>>
>>56071000
hardware specs are literally the lowest hanging fruit of computers. any retard can look at FLOP/s and identify the larger number. that's kind of the point of specs. to allow instant identification of the superior device by a barmaid.

what takes understanding is WHY certain circuits are more effective than others at specific tasks
>>
>>56071436
Really really funny post. I will have to remember that one.
>>
File: 1464037266733.jpg (26KB, 540x540px)
1464037266733.jpg
26KB, 540x540px
>>56070189
tfw you did the test and got istp and its not even on the list.
>>
>>56070125
Yes, switch to higher abstractions like FP (Haskell)
>>
File: britgas.jpg (105KB, 659x900px) Image search: [Google]
britgas.jpg
105KB, 659x900px
>>56071652
you never counted anyway
>>
>>56071492
>that's kind of the point of specs. to allow instant identification of the superior device by a barmaid.
???
no, specs are supposed to be hard numbers to specify what the hardware can do
would you rather have
"our gpu does 40 fps in withcer 3 at [detailed description of their setup]" than "20 gigaflops"?
Note how the first can change with updates to the game, the graphics driver, etc. while the latter one is unlikely to change (significantly).
They're objective and easily verified most of the time.
>>
>>56070125
The majority prefer your views (at least at the uni I go to)
I prefer the hardware side and I think im in the minority lol.
>>
>>56070125
kind of the same in that I don't get excited by technology, like new phones and hardware and shit. I also don't care about shit like what OS/distro/desktop environment to use, just whatever lets me get my work done.
>>
>>56070189
as an intp, i wonder how many people on /g/ are intps
>>
>>56070125
Who is this dilf?
>>
>>56070125
It depends on what level you are programming on. If you're programming close to the hardware, then it's C and Assembler and so on...

Me, I'm not even interested in dicking around with various compilers. I just want a simple install file for an IDE. The best configuration is the one I don't have to do.
>>
>>56070125
me too. I actually built a computer before, but since ~2011 i just use a mac haha.
>>
>>56073821
More like gilf but I also want to know
>>
>>56072083
This describes me too very well.
What do you do?
>>
>>56071436

You mean horoscopes for slightly less gullible people. Religion has nothing to do with horoscopes.
>>
I feel like that is actually the majority. It's the majority that I see at work.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.