[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are WD 3 TB drives any good? I know Seagate ones are garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 4556.jpg (53KB, 377x550px) Image search: [Google]
4556.jpg
53KB, 377x550px
Are WD 3 TB drives any good? I know Seagate ones are garbage but don't know anything about the WD ones.

Are they "class action lawsuit" bad?
>>
If they are HSGT it's ok. Hitachi made the best 3 TB drives tho
>>
People should just make the jump to 4tb. I've never seen a 3tb drive that is good.
>>
File: 1471080851397.jpg (63KB, 821x644px) Image search: [Google]
1471080851397.jpg
63KB, 821x644px
>>
>>56063641
3 TB drives are the best price per GB right now. My wallet won't allow me to buy anything else.
>>
>>56063581
does no one pay attention? out of all the drive sizes that have been released, 3tb drives have the worst reliability since their launch. out of those, wd have the worst reliability. save your money and go for 4tb. just skip 3 and 3.5 tb altogether.
>>
>>56063581
Ive bought 4 WD 3TB HHDs, no problems yet.
>inb4 "Works for me" maymay
>>
>>56063641
Meh. I made a jump to a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD. Feels good man.
>>
FireCuda are good you shit you fuckig shit
>>
>>56063581
If you want price and reliability, pick up some 2TB HGST enterprise drives and mirror them. Don't fall for the 3TB meme.
>>
>worrying about which brand of drive is higher quality than the others
why do you retards do this? If it dies it dies, send it in under warranty if its inside of three years and restore your data from your backups. Or just pop in a new drive and resilver if you're using RAID.
>>
Are SSHD drives just a meme? Was considering one to add as a storage drive.
>>
>>56067769
Yes they a shit unless very specific cases of use.
>>
>>56067769
Meme. There's no instance where it would be preferable to having a separate SSD and HDD.
>>
>>56067769
if it's really a storage drive there's no reason it needs to have any solid-state anything. SSDs are for when you care about latency/seek time, and you don't need that to watch chinese cartoons
>>
>>56063581
>Seagate ones are garbage
leave shill
>>
>>56067769
4+ years ago when I had a laptop with just a single 2.5" drive for storage I bought one of the old 750GB Momentus XT drives with just 8GB of flash memory and it did make a noticeable difference compared to the 320GB 7200RPM drive I had in there before. Windows started up and programs launched much quicker in most cases.

But using one as a plain old storage drive and not as an OS drive is retarded, there is no point to the flash storage as a few GB of that isn't going to do you any good at all. I'm fairly sure they won't even cache larger files larger than a few dozen MB anyways.

Unless you can pick one up on some sale where it's cheaper per GB than a normal drive I wouldn't do it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.