[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>open fail2ban.log for the first time >hundreds of incidents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: really pepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
really pepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>open fail2ban.log for the first time
>hundreds of incidents daily of gooks trying to bruteforce my ssh password
>>
>>56062889
>not adding whole ipblock of China to iptables drop.
>>
honestly, what do they even gain from this
>>
>ssh password
>not key

Lmao
>>
>all servers that I manage inside network only reachable through VPN
>network admin has to deal with all this bullshit
feelsgood
>>
>>56063193
It's all automated attacks and if they succeed you just get added to a botnet to be used for spamming, DDoS attacks, proxies etc.
>>
Wtf I hate fail2ban now
>>
File: 2016-07-31-182936_455x730_scrot.png (41KB, 455x730px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-31-182936_455x730_scrot.png
41KB, 455x730px
>>56063299
do people really use those passwords that they try?
>>
>>56062889
and if you run a web server you will see botnets scanning for php shit that you havent even installed.
>>
>>56062889
welcome to the internet, circa 2008
where've you been
>>
>>56062889
Aug 13 16:15:57 kana sshd[11294]: fatal: Unable to negotiate with <ip> port <port>: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]

Hundreds of lines of this.

There's two things in my config that give them a bad time.

Firstly, you need a recent version of OpenSSH to connect. Running old crypto? Fuck you, you're not me. And this is being very generous.
# /etc/ssh/sshd_config
KexAlgorithms [email protected],diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256
Ciphers [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],aes256-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes128-ctr
MACs [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256,hmac-ripemd160,[email protected]

Secondly:
PasswordAuthentication no

100% keys. They will never get in. Really why would you ever use passwords.

But that's OK. They're looking for low-hanging fruit, not me, and there are, sadly, plenty of those around; you can tell because that's where all the spam comes via.
>>
>>56063736
>Really why would you ever use passwords.
they're perfectly fine so long as you use strong ones. No way they'll brute-force a 16-character random string.
>>
>>56063492
yes there are more idiots on the planet than you think
>>
>>56062889
>using passwords
>not blocking all IPs except the ranges assigned to your RIR/country
>not using port knocking
>>
>>56063879
it's completely retarded desu
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.