[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 43

File: ic.jpg (16KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
ic.jpg
16KB, 200x193px
>>
Well my post was right before the new thread so I'm reposting it. dwi.

Hi guys, I want to do something a little complicated.

I want to make an executable where you can just pass a string as an argument, and it will return an image in which this string is rendered in a specific font, size, with a rectangular fill behind it.

I can probably figure out the code if I'm just pointed towards the best tool/language/IDE that will allow me to make such a program quick.

Whether it would make it work on UNIX or Windows, I can probably work with it either way.

Thanks.
>>
so my friends huawei smartphone needs unlocking. it only functions on onr specific sim card from specific company. i want to unlock it so it could use every sim card. what software will i need to do the work?
>>
>>56060843
can the compute stick handle some ROM flashing?
>>
File: 1390126512914.png (277KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1390126512914.png
277KB, 382x417px
Ok, here's one that shouldn't be too hard.

I have a Sapphire Radeon 7850. Recently I've notice bad screen tearing in everything from games to video playback to Youtube. I poked around for how to fix this, and the only thing I found was to turn on "triple buffering" in the GPU settings. So I did, and that didn't fix shit.

Has anyone else had this problem with AMD cards before? If so, does anyone know a fix for it? There's really not a lot of results out there.
>>
>>56060843
>>
>>56060931
>I want to make an executable
why not use existing ones?
imagemagick can do what you want.
>>
I have a usb to micro sd adapter in my thinkpad x220 and it just boots to a black screen if I don't remove it while booting. Anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix it?
>>
>>56060931
you can do this with OpenCV, there are OpenCV APIs for C++, python and Java
you can probably do it without any libraries in Java which would be cross platform aswell
>>
>>56061113
Go into your bios and change the boot order so that your main drive comes first
>>
>>56061106
Image magic can draw rectangles and render text into images?

>>56061118
I will check it out. Thanks!
>>
>>56061201
imagemagick.
It can do almost anything.
https://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/draw/
>>
>>56061212
Well fuck.

I'll see if I can really pull it off with just shell scripting.

Thanks.
>>
Frontier comm. or charter? Anyone have any experience with frontier? Will i get billed $200 for installation?
>>
Is Lua an easy language to learn? I've never once programmed before in my life.
>>
>>56061277
learning your first language is going to harder than probably any language after that
>>
Do C# structs (as basic encapsulation for variables) take up memory beyond the variables themselves, or is it just readable fluff replaced during compilation?
>>
Have you updated the driver recently? If so, try reverting back to a older one. If not, try updating to the latest one. Be sure to run DDU first.

Since v-sync isn't helping, it's not actually screen tearing, but more likely an issue with 3/2D acceleration.

If it comes down to it, your card might just be dying. It is pretty old at this point.
>>
File: Selection_006.png (15KB, 654x114px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_006.png
15KB, 654x114px
I'm in uni now, and often look at job postings to see what's out there and get an idea of maybe what I should be doing now so I can apply for certain jobs later.

Pic related, what does it mean they want the applicant to have experience in developing with the Linux kernel and have knowledge of the Linux kernel? I'm assuming I can't just say, "Oh yeah, I use Ubuntu, I know tons about Linux." What are some things I could be doing on my own now that would give me some background in these qualifications?
>>
>>56060969
Anybody?
>>
>>56061311
I don't think so, but if you need to take as little memory as possible you might want to move to C
>>
>>56061416
see
>>56061377
>>
So guys I bought a pair of 434MHz receiver and transmitter from eBay because they were less than a dollar and I have recently taken an interest in embedded electronics and microcontrollers and wanted to get my feet wet into RF comm
My question is, I would like to implement a packet system to transfer data error free, but the main problems are
>communication is one way, so I cannot implement TCP
>there is a fuck load of noise
>I don't know shit about error checking or error correction

My last post was this >>56060049
>>
>>56061377
>>56061519
They're up to date, but I'm kind of hesitant to revert to a previous driver because I don't really remember when this started happening.

Is this really a sign that my GPU is dying? That doesn't.....sound right. I mean with CPUs and GPUs it's a pretty binary thing, right? I mean it either works or it doesn't. Not like some gradual process where shit starts to break down.
>>
What is a good windows IRC client?

irssi seems to necessitate installing all of Cygwin which I don't particularly want, and Hexchat seems kind of shady.
>>
>>56061866
I've found it to be kind of the opposite. I usually won't wake up and find a dead GPU, it's more like I will notice a symptom and it will be sporadic at first or only when the card is hotter or under a heavy workload and then eventually it will be so bad that I switch back to integrated till I can get a new card.
>>
What is the official way to install xposed on android?
All methods people talk about seems like a scam to get people to install malware.
>>
>>56061909
Hexchat is fine. It's one of the most common cross-platform clients.
>>
File: am I cute.jpg (92KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
am I cute.jpg
92KB, 550x733px
I'm building a new Skylake computer tower. New motherboard, CPU etc. Same hard drive case and power supply (800 watt).

In order to save money, I'm moving the hard drive that is in the Windows 7 computer I'm currently typing on and I'm moving that hard drive into the new computer and I'm installing Windows 10 on it. I have purchased a retail copy of Windows 10.

I realize that I can't simply move the hard drive as is. Windows won't let me do that. It will recognize that it is connected to a new motherboard. It's an OEM license of windows 7, so I can't legally move it. I'm not interested in illegally moving it. I've already paid for a new license of Windows 10.

How do I move the files that are currently on the hard drive in my current computer onto the wiped hard drive that will have a fresh installation of windows 10 on it if Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10?
>>
>>56061973
Hm ok. It's really fucking weird, the screen tearing is a consistent pattern; it's always one tear that starts at the bottom and slowly makes its way to the top, and it repeats every 20 seconds or so.
>>
File: 1363920914821.jpg (73KB, 746x514px) Image search: [Google]
1363920914821.jpg
73KB, 746x514px
Whats the difference between Object Oriented and Imperative programming? And what is Functional programming?

And is C++ a good entry point?
>>
File: Just like my chinese cartoons.gif (3MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
Just like my chinese cartoons.gif
3MB, 400x223px
Hey guys, normiedudebro 9000 here.
I know next to nothing about computers and programming, even though I feel that it's a beautiful and interesting subject I'd love to learn more about.
But as it stands I know nothing, and I've just bought a new laptop. Win10, pretty bog standard stuff.
I wanna treat this one right guys, so what anti-virus/malware programs should I get and which precautions should I put in place to make sure I make this one lasts as long as it can?
>>
>>56062200
Well the easiest method to understand would be to simply copy all of your files onto an external drive and then copy them back after you've finished installing. This would also be a great time to consider buying a small SSD and using that as your system partition instead. I highly recommend that. If you are determined to keep using that drive as a primary you could just shrink the partition that windows is currently on and delete the system/program files, then simply install the new windows to the blank space. But if you care about your files you should always have a backup either way, especially when you're changing up your system.
>>
>>56062388
Thank you.
>>
File: 1471018117727.jpg (10KB, 457x141px) Image search: [Google]
1471018117727.jpg
10KB, 457x141px
My brother is giving me some of his PC parts to help me start off a build. I took this Speccy screenshot of the parts he's giving me, but I've just found out he overclocked the processor to 4.5GHz and Speccy isn't showing it.

Are these temperatures not a godsend for an overclock? Or does it only show the effects when in game?
>>
>>56062388
Not that anon, but what software do you use to back up your files?
>>
What's a good RAM brand? I bought a quad kit G.Skill RAM for my I7 6800K, but it refuses to boot if enable the XMP profile. I'm going to return it and get new one.

But which brand is good, /g/?
>>
>>56062218
Object oriented means you design everything as objects which has functions.

Functional programming means you use functions on data structures.

imperative programming is when you think of your project as a series of states.

It is very useful to try to make an application where you solve the same problem using different paradigms.

C++ is a good entry point.
You can switch styles as you like.

If you want an easy assignment, make an image program where you load an image and apply a filter.
ppm files are easy to work with.
>>
File: 14-500-402-TS[1].jpg (101KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14-500-402-TS[1].jpg
101KB, 1280x960px
So how come Zotac can make a tiny little baby version of the GTX 1060 if it requires so much cooling? And if they can make it this small, why don't all the other manufacturers make their that small too?
>>
File: 1450796509563.gif (2MB, 320x231px) Image search: [Google]
1450796509563.gif
2MB, 320x231px
>>56060843
Any good tab management addons for Firefox?

I find I easily get raped by having a bunch of 4chan tabs open and I lose track of it pretty easily.
>>
>>56060843
I want to buy a notebook for uni. What are some brands I should I avoid and what specs should I choose? How important is the core ram?
Does it need to be a i5 or are other cores same as good. And how much ram is enough 4,6,8 ?
I'm doing a bit programming but most of the time surfing or writing. What is important that it will run fast for the next couple years?
>>
>>56062478
Macrium Reflect lets you make a compressed system image and schedule incremental additions to it, and teracopy lets you copy large directories and verify nothing has changed. You can also try freefilesync.org which is open source and wiki approved.
>>
File: linux-header.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
linux-header.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
How do I convince my dad not to go for the top-spec XPS 13 for "future-proofness" and tell him to go for the lower spec 1080p model because he'll appreciate the battery life more than an i7?
>>
I'm a yuropoor looking for a lapto with very specific requirements:

-at least 1080p (16:10 would be even better, 4K is way overkill though) matte IPS (still unsure about size, probably under 17")
-CPU: i7 HQ (It needs to not throttle in 30C environment)
-RAM: 8GB of whatever
-GPU: exclusively integrated
-SSD: 125gb is plenty, M.2/PCI-e only, fuck sata, all HDD/Hybrids can go die in a fire
-A fuckton of battery. Ideally this puppy should be able to stream 1080p at non-shit brightness for 24h straight while running prime95.
-Preferably a keyboard with dedicated multimedia buttons (no fn bullshit) with dedicated home/end buttons. Numpad is not required.
-Windows 8.1 64 pro
-Bluetooth 4.0, usb 3.1, Thunderbolt 3 would be fantastic, and a good ethernet+wifi adapter.
-Optical drive, card reader, soundcard, etc. are completely irrelevant.

Where the fuck do I find this, /g/?
>>
How do I download more dedodated WAM?
>>
>>56062767
You're asking the impossible.
>>
How do I make my battery last longer at work? I have to keep my GPS on. I already use Greenify, and my phone is undervolted.
>>
>>56062782
I've seen some pretty good options but it's always either only a U-version cpu or a fucking 960, or an obligatory hdd, or shitdows10 only etc.
I've seen all of this on different laptops, just not in a single dank package.
>>
>>56062578
At this point it takes very little to run a snappy device for light web browsing etc. If it's current gen you could go as low as an i3 if you're strapped for cash, although I would recommend an i5 just for some wiggle room in case you find yourself wanting to do a bit more with it. And try to get one that's a 4000 or above. For ram I would say aim for 6gb or above unless you really need to budget. The extra wiggle room is nice. The type of ram you get isn't going to be too important. Get an SSD for snappiness.
>>
>>56062833
Ok thanks dude. What are some brands that I should avoid? Wanted to buy an asus or lenovo but I saw that lenovo is not good except the thinkpad. Is that a meme? How is HP and Dell?
>>
Should I go for the i5-6600k or the i7-6700?

I need to stick to it until at least 2020 because Kaby Lake won't support Windows 7 and AMD processors still have a long way to go.
>>
>>56061415
start using arch (with a very minimal DE) as your everyday system.

Make a system from scratch by compiling a kernel, busybox and making a bash script init.
>>
>>56062818
Yeah they're moving the fuck away from windows 8 and there's always been less selection if you're set on an HQ. I think you're going to have to pick something close and do some work on it. You can look into the downgrade rights option

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/

>>56062850
I can't stand the idea of buying a lenovo since their triple malwaregate fiascos. Physically they're a good deal, but damn. Dell and asus usually put out good hardware, hp had some poor construction issues a while back but I think they've cleaned up their act. I'd rely on the reviews of an individual device more than brand loyalty.
>>
I need a good keyboard for less than 100 quid. My current one doesn't have control keys.
>>
File: Cpr6C9LWEAAmB-4.jpg-large.jpg (53KB, 623x896px) Image search: [Google]
Cpr6C9LWEAAmB-4.jpg-large.jpg
53KB, 623x896px
>>56062525
It doesn't require so much cooling. People just buy the one with the most impressive looking cooler.
>tfw nobody makes single slot midrange cards anymore
>>
>>56062483
I recently bought a G.skill ddr3 kit that wont do the XMP profile either... In the past, G.skill has been fine for me though. ( used 3 different sets by them)s
Hopefully this isnt a recurring problem with them.
>>
I'm going to get a 6600k, probably going to clock it to 4.4ghz. Is the hyper 212 good enough? Is the 212x worth the extra $12? Or should I find a different similarly priced cooler at $40?
>>
>>56062937
Thanks for your help. Do you have maybe any recommendations for a good notebook?
>>
File: 1467754712439.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1467754712439.gif
2MB, 320x240px
im going to buy three 2.5" hard drives for my laptop for storage (it has 2 msata slots which have the os drive in raid0 and 2 hdd slots plus a caddy in the drive bay). i already fell for the
>hgst totally isnt wd and isnt shit
meme when i bought 2 of them and had both of them fail just being low usage storage drives within a year both times losing most or all of my data, thankfully it was either steam games that dont matter or shit that was already backed up.

are there any brands that arent garbage anymore?
>>
>>56063032
So why do the other manufacturers make it with double fans? Just to be on the safe side?
>>
Any reccs on good WiFi Dongles?
>>
>>56063074
Not specifically. I would just check slickdeals and find the best thing in your budget.

http://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBar&q=laptop&pp=20&sort=relevance&rating=5&previousdays=14&forumid%5B%5D=all&forumid%5B%5D=30&forumid%5B%5D=9&r=1
>>
What's the best partition management software for Windows?
>>
>>56063198
Thank you but I have a last question.
At 13.3" display is the difference bewteen 1366 x 768 and 1980x1080 big? Is 1366 enough or do I need 1980?
>>
Why does it say I can only partition about 60MB of my C drive when I have 280 gigs of free space?
>>
>>56062938

>my current one doesn't have control keys

Literally how?
>>
is windows f.lux supposed to work in any notebook?

It simply doesnt work on mine and I have no idea what to do
>>
I started using Dropbox in Ubuntu, recently.

I much prefer Ubuntu, but I can't figure out how to designate the different folders in my home folder (Documents, Pictures, etc.) to be synced, it seems like it's forcing me to make a single folder (called "Dropbox") and save everything in there.

It's not a crippling issue, but it's irritating. In Windows I could just right-click a folder and select "sync with dropbox." Wondering if there's a way around that.
>>
Is using Telegram without the secret chat mode still safer than using FB messenger or Whatsapp?
>>
>>56063411
It translates to a pretty big difference in screen real estate, makes working on documents and web browsing a lot easier. I would go at least 1600x900 if you can swing it, 1080 is ideal.

>>56063479
Windows sucks at shrinking partitions, especially if there happens to be file fragments there. You could try defragmenting, but really your best bet would be to use a third party tool like EaseUS Partition Manager.
>>
why is my gtx1080 stuck at 1379mhz despite being overclocked to 1850mhz?
>>
How is this core Intel Core m3-6Y30?
Wanted to buy a laptop and some had this?
Would the laptop be still fast after a couple years?
>>
>>56063691
Ok will definitely look into a 1080 display.
Would a laptop still be fast after 5 years with all the things you said?
Thanks alot dude.
>>
What is android.process.acore and why it keeps crashing on my phone?
>>
>>56063187
because for the same price, someone would rather buy a card with TWO fans instead of just one.

Most 1060s barely get above 60*c. That is WAY overkill.
>>
>>56063721
I'd say laptops are more likely to break down than desktops by nature, but if you're careful with it physically, I'd expect it to still be pretty snappy with the basics in 5 years.
>>
>>56063697
That is a low end CPU but the point of it is that it consumes a really low amount of power.

Is not a powerful CPU, if you want a fast PC get a high end SSD like the 850EVO.
>>
File: 2016-08-08-161701_1366x768_scrot.png (209KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-08-161701_1366x768_scrot.png
209KB, 1366x768px
60 FPS video content tears in Chrome on Lubuntu. Any fix for this?
>>
>>56063691
Thanks for the help, but even with this software I'm basically getting the same thing.
>>
Why does loading pictures on 4chan take so long? Like 5 second for a 2 mb pic.
>>
>>56064236
because 4chan is slow.
>>
File: 1445139197902.png (335KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445139197902.png
335KB, 500x500px
>>56063691
>>56064209
jk, I'm actually the most retarded person ITT, i didn't know to slide the little bar to select the partition
>>
>>56060954
I believe you need the android SDK tools from google

Use fastboot
>>
left control key isnt working. literally the most important fucking key

only had this ducky keyboard for like a year and took care of it well. its clean, tried rstarting and reinstalling and whatnot. this left control key just stopped working out of nowhere for no reason.

why
>>
I cant boot in recovery mode and trying to reformat the phone trough settings only reboots it, what i can do to reformat a M4 Style?
>>
>>56064060
Ok yeah I want a Laptop with a ssd. So should I get this core or is a i3 or i5 better in the longrun?
>>
swapping a E5700 for a L5420, yay or nay?
it's used basically for web browsing and other stuff like that
that xeon is cheap, like $15 on aliexpress
would fsb:dram ratio be an issue? that rig runs on 800MHz ddr2
>>
How the fuck does crossfiring work
I have an AMD HD 5770 and a R9 380
Can I just get that $1 cable and pop both those bad boys in? Or can only certain cards do it?
>>
>>56064644
you want both cards to be the same.
>>
>>56064661
Shit
>>
>>56064547
I5 is usually better in the long run.

Go look for the dell inspiron 15 5000.
Otherwise get a cheap used thinkpad.
>>
I've been running the exact same PC build for 7 years (I haven't upgraded anything in 7 years, that's a surprise to me too).

My computing habits haven't changed over the years. My PC serves the same purpose that it did when I first started using it.

Yet my PC has actually gotten slower. Sometimes it'll freeze, albeit momentarily. What's exactly happening? It's quite possible that some of the programs & software that I use don't work the same after it's been updated, but even things that don't get updated are noticeably slow. Why is that?
>>
everytime I try learning how to code I get bored in a week. How do I get motivation and stop being a useless piece of shit?
>>
>>56064814
HDDs wear with time, they also get damaged too with the time.
Applications and browser get more recourse intensive too.

Trow in a SSD if you want to make it faster.
>>
i3-6100/gtx1060 or i5-6500/gtx960?
It is that fucking simple. Please elaborate on your answers tho. I plan to code and play some vidya sometimes. No heavy applications.
>>
Is there any difference between running (for example) 1x 8GB against 2x 4GB as your RAM?
>>
>>56064936
I5-6500+IGPU.

Save and get a GTX 1060 later on.
>>
>>56064870
Sometimes I'll have nothing active, and I'll open up Word, which I haven't updated in years. Sometimes it'll freeze for 5 seconds as soon as I open it. That's due to the HDD? I guess I could imagine it working that way. Moving parts do wear out, and I've been running this thing for 7 years.

Next question: How does one safely dispose of used HDDs? I have sensitive information on there, such as my resumes, tax/financial documents, receipts, and even a few work-related documents.
>>
>>56065031
Microwave it
>>
>>56065031
Download, install speccy and take a screenshot and post it here.

But yeah, usually a slow PC is because it is either weak, old or a damaged HDD.

Keep it and reuse it?
If you are paranoid there is a program called DBAN to safely delete files on paranoid levels.
>>
File: img_9666-532490-7-1471036460787.jpg (511KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
img_9666-532490-7-1471036460787.jpg
511KB, 1000x667px
What is the name of the app with coloured balls as icon?
>>
>>56064959
A former teacher of mine explained it to me like this:

Imagine the RAM as workers. You can hire one guy to do all the work, or get two guys to split the work between them.
>>
>>56065093
>app
>>
>>56065111
I remember a lot of people referring to computer programs as "apps" long before the smartphone days.
>>
>>56065107
Then you'd probably want one good guy and hire another one later on when you have enough money.
>>
>>56064959
In one you can upgrade to 32GB but only having one stick will run in single channel, with 4GB sticks you can get 16GB, but having 2 4GB sticks will allow you to use dual channel wich makes RAM faster.

It doesnt matter unless you use your IGPU.
>>
>>56065111
programs running on OS X were called apps long before it was cool
>>
How often do you nerds clean off your coolers and heat sinks and such?

I see the dust buildup and i never know if I'm supposed to be obsessive about or not.
>>
I have a Samba share set up on Linux that I'm connecting to from Windows.
Is it possible to set it up so that the owner of the file is automatically set to the person that created it based on their Windows profile?
>>
>>56065205
I did it once in 5 years.
>>
>>56065205
Only when temps reach 65°C+.
>>
>>56064480
save me please
>>
>>56065238
So basically when you smell smoke.
>>
>>56064480
Pull the key and look for a hunk of hair attached to something that looks like a booger. Remove hair booger you filthy fuck.
>>
How do I get thumbnails for webm?
Is Icaros really recommended for this?
>>
/fit/izen here

what are the best health and fitness related programs on linux?
>>
Where can I find some easily-modifiable javascript slideshow software?
If all I have to do is add urls to an array to build the slideshow, it's doable.

I'm not experienced enough to write a whole userscript myself.
>>
>>56065374
jssor

or search for jquery slideshows
>>
>>56065316
its 100% clean i said.

it presses fine. it just doesnt register
>>
Is there any truth to the claim that Nvidia gimps older cards with drivers, or am I being memed?
>>
don't know if i should create a new thread for this so i'll ask here

what is the cheapest yet decent web hosting i can get? it is for a blog so it does not need a lot going for. i'm asking here because i can't find unshilled reviews anywhere.
>>
>>56065792
Its true, but dont worry about it.
>>
File: enrico palazzo.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
enrico palazzo.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>56065893
Oh, I'm worrying. And I'm worrying good.
>>
If you filled an external drive with stuff you wanted to play on the TV, how would you go about hooking it up?
>>
>>56065962
I bought a good TV and made sure it can read exfat/ntfs and h264/mkv files.
so I just plug it into the tv, select the file and play it.
>>
/fglt/ crosspost.

How similar are Fedora and Red Hat?
There's a software I would like to install, but they don't support Fedora; they do support Red Hat, though.
Would that work?
>>
>>56065962
2 USB ports because you cant turn a HDD on with oy one.
Use a USB instead.

Make sure you tv can play mvk/MP4.
>>
Where the fuck do I go when I have a coding question website related?

I cannot figure this shit out appareantly. Sooo,
do we have a board for html/css questions?
>>
>>56066359
>>56036739
>>
>>56060843
Im trying to install windows 10 on a new build. The windows 10 setup tool is not reconizing my usb so im downloading the iso straight onto the usb, do i still need to use rufus or another program to make it a bootable drive?
>>
>>56066390
if you use uefi and the usb stick has a gpt partition table you can just copy the files onto it after formatting it to fat32.
otherwise use rufus to make it bootable.

putting the iso itself onto the usb won't work, you need to put its contents there.
>>
File: 1470348033098.jpg (121KB, 687x472px) Image search: [Google]
1470348033098.jpg
121KB, 687x472px
Can someone give me some advice on using VPNs/ proxies?
>>
What's GTK?
Some poor attempt to make something universal in the Linux world? Pls explain
>>
File: 20160813_172349.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_172349.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Is it ok?
>>
File: fndkljdfosljkd.png (74KB, 655x486px) Image search: [Google]
fndkljdfosljkd.png
74KB, 655x486px
Windows 10 updated now i can't run any games or programs without the stupid UAC pop up. it didn't do this before, but now if i open my alarm clock program, or a game, or even my anti-spy/malware programs it pops up.
>>
Why the fuck doesn't Arch Linux ARM allow me to connect to a network on my Raspberry Pi 3? I've added the correct information to wpa_supplicant.conf, but whenever I try to ping anything, I always get "Network is unreachable".

I have both wlan0 and wlan1, because the Raspberry Pi 3 comes with one, but I still use a WiFi dongle because the built-in RPi 3 one can't do some things.

I'm using BerryBoot.

Anybody able to help?
>>
>>56066772
logs would help
>>
>>56066390
Follow up to this question, if I install windows 10 and run it without a product key for a little, what is the best way to get a product key without using the grey market.
>>
>>56066967
What command should I run? I'll provide logs.
>>
File: 1470090322305.png (362KB, 503x499px) Image search: [Google]
1470090322305.png
362KB, 503x499px
What is the best soundcard for pure DOS gaming? I have a Sound Blaster Audigy and a CT4810.

How would I go about installing something like it? I'm not that familiar with DOS gaming but interested. I have an old Packard Bell with a Pentium/MMT 133ghz .
>>
All of a sudden backspace to go back doesn't work in chrome, and it's telling me to use Alt + left.

How do I make backspace work again, and wtf is this retarded shit?
>>
>>56066996
id assume within your network manager, if it isnt starting, it is going to tell you why. I dont use arm, but it should be in /var/log/*program*, or do it manually and check stdout
>>
>>56066997
anything that is soundblaster and general midi compatible should do fine
bonus points for getting an adlib compatible card

>Pentium/MMT 133ghz
lel
>>
>>56066705
Sure, just jam it in there.
>>
>>56067079
lel too much psych shit from school. Mixed MMT and MMX up. Otherwise, something wrong with that processor?
>>
>>56067079
oh, by soundblaster compatible, i mean soundblaster 16/pro, not newer ones (i'm unsure if current soundblasters are backward compatible)
>>
So... if I decide to buy a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (no usb dongle shenanigans) how exactly do I access UEFI/BIOS/GRUB2?
>>
>>56067101
na, just saying MMT and 133 gigahertz is funny
a P133 box is fast enough for all but the last 90's games, where it might struggle
>>
>>56067056
Oh, I actually haven't installed a desktop interface yet. The ARM version comes with just the command line, so I don't think I have a network manager.

I'll check /var/log/* and stdout.

Thanks, Anon.
>>
What's a good lightweight GUI text editor, <10mb including dependencies.

leafpad doesn't have enough features for me. i need find (next/previous)
replace (regex/plain text)
basic syntax highlighting
additional features which would be nice but are not as needed are line numbering visible and tabs.
>>
does VP9 support scene cut detection? docs suggests it does, but it's not doing so with ffmpeg (it's using the max GOP size every time)
>>
>>56067141
You dont need a gui. What ever program is being used, can be use within the cli as well, as that is what the gui is doing, it us just taking mouse clicks to run cli commandchains
>>
>>56067152
gedit
>>
>>56067152
i used geany, which is ~12M (depends on gtk2)
has everything you mentioned
>>
>>56067166
Okay, excuse my ignorance, (we are in a stupid questions thread), but how do I get to my network manager from the CLI?
>>
>>56067195
nmcli
>>
File: Bored-Man-Clipart.png (227KB, 1418x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Bored-Man-Clipart.png
227KB, 1418x1138px
>>56067127
Are you suggesting I do something else with the computer? Any ideas?
>>
>>56067206
Thanks!
>>
>>56067195
to get the manual pages(man) just do man, then the name of the program, it will show you all the options that you can do with the program.
so 'man vim' for instance.
You'd have to check what it runs by default, it may be networkmanager, netctl, or something else, youll have to check what you have installed or what arch arm come with by default
>>
>>56067206
oh, this is assuming NetworkManager, which is the name of a specific network management daemon

>>56067212
no, a P133 box is fine, unless you only planned to run late generation DOS games
>>
Will a Intel Core i5-6600K Skylake cpu work with a ASUS Z97-A, Socket-1150 Motherboard?
>>
>>56067228
Alright. Anywhere I could find instructions on how to install such a card like that? I've googled some, but you seem like you know what you're talking about
>>
>>56067212
also, many late 90's/early 00's soundcards were SB16 compatible, the SB16 was practically a standard, pretty much any dos game that supported sounds supported the SB16
>>
>>56061629
That's smack dab in the middle of the 70cm ham band. I don't know what country you're in or if unlicensed devices are allowed on a secondary basis.
>>
>>56061978
Go to the XDA forums.
>>
>>56067247
no
>>
>>56067268
how to install a soundcard?
just;
- note down any jumper configurations on the card, such as IRQ
- ensure it doesn't use the same IRQ as another card
- plug it in
- find and install the DOS driver for the card
- may need to add a line or two to config.sys, to load the driver at startup

unless you have a specific need otherwise, i'd recommend using FreeDOS instead of MS-DOS
>>
>>56062812
You could try underclocking it with SetCPU. Or just set the screen brightness to 0% and yell voice commands at it all day.
>>
File: ModernHugoStrange.jpg (89KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
ModernHugoStrange.jpg
89KB, 500x590px
I want someone to buy some truffles for delivery to the UK in bitcoins, il pay the buyer in GBP. is that possible?
>>
>>56064859
Take a class. Find an affordable community collage.
>>
>>56065093
Folding@home
>>
File: CM-SickleFlow.jpg (130KB, 690x800px) Image search: [Google]
CM-SickleFlow.jpg
130KB, 690x800px
Buying a coolbay sx soon, it comes with 2 fans already but I planned to buy at least 1 more since the ambient temperature is pretty high around here.

Is pic related good enough for 10€? Any recommendations from /g/?
>>
>>56065205
I used to chain smoke cigars. Dust would build up about a fucking inch thick in a couple of weeks. Stopped smoking inside and cut way back. Now they don't collect any dust at all.

The dirtier you are the faster your heat sinks will get dirty.
>>
>>56067340
Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful
>>
>>56066705
Use a credit card or drivers licence to straighten out the pins. These things are not solid gold like they were back in the day, so if you bend them back and forth too much they will break.
>>
Am I ever obligated to inform anyone I'm biscum? Or should I keep collecting hags like pokémon?
>>
>>56066997
>MMT
>133ghz
>>
>>56067206
>>56067225

Okay, "netctl list" returns nothing, which means there are no available profiles. What should I do now?
>>
>>56067487
"netctl auto current" is also empty.
>>
>>56067527
*"netctl-auto current"
>>
>>56067369
You want to buy something with bitcoins... by paying the buyer in GBP.

So you're trying to sell yourself truffles, as you're the buyer and you're paying the buyer...

English mother fucker, do you speak it?
>>
>>56067487
try
netctl list
If you used netctl in the config it should list it here, if it isnt, make a profile for it
>>
File: 759348-752926-290.jpg (12KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
759348-752926-290.jpg
12KB, 290x200px
>>56060843
is there any reasonable difference between 1st party and the different 3rd party manufacturers of a graphics card? i.e. the Radeon 480 is being sold by Sapphire, XFX and Asus, and the GTX 1060 is being sold through Zotac Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, etc.
Is price the only difference or does some china tier fuckery go on.
>>
>>56067183
thanks, too large though, i didn't have many of the deps i think (20mb (50mb with recommended))
>>56067191
wow i only needed 3mb and it's feature packed. fantastic thank you very much
>>
Thoughts on Codecademy as an entry point for programming?
>>
>>56067565
Okay, figured that out. "netctl list" now shows wireless-wpa and wireless-wpa-config.

However, whenever I try "start wireless-wpa", it fails. Checking the logs, it says "You need to install wpa_supplicant", which I can't... because I don't have wpa_supplicant...

Any ideas?
>>
How do I learn Android really fast? My boss is willing to give me a shot at being an Android developer at work, but I'm currently a JS developer (hybrid app). He's given me 3 months to prototype something for him to see
>>
File: 20160813_195436.jpg (2MB, 2998x932px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_195436.jpg
2MB, 2998x932px
>>56067824
>>56067565

Picture of results from phone since I can't screenshot.
>>
>>56067856
Check line 10 and 17 it seems you're missing somet formating
It seems wpa isnt running or misconfigured.

Do 'ip link' and make sure you have the correct interface
>>
>>56067839
install android studio and make something.

It's super easy. Just drag/drop the UI and set up event handlers.
>>
What is a good and small cpu cooler ? My case is a bit too small for a 212 or a pure rock.
>>
File: 20160813_200450.jpg (1MB, 3024x670px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_200450.jpg
1MB, 3024x670px
>>56067889
Okay, I actually fixed that error by using "ip link set wlan0 up".

Pic attached is what "ip link" shows:
"<NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP>" for both wlan0 and wlan1.
>>
File: pickle suprise.png (1MB, 1274x950px) Image search: [Google]
pickle suprise.png
1MB, 1274x950px
>>56067544
Ok maybe im missing something, the website accepts bitcoins, cant use my credit card. Can i just give someone £25 and they buy them and deliver to me? i Dont want a digital wallet or whatever. I have no idea obviously, but if someone could help me out they would make a few quid.
>>
Will getting a Thinkpad make me look like a legit computer savvy person?
>>
torrent program for windows?

>>56067749
It's not terrible, although you need self-discipline more than any website.
Check out the programming thread for resources.

>>56067902
Deepcool Gammaxx 400
Noctua NH-U9F
Raijintek Themis
any good low-profile cooler

>>56067964
Sure, good luck not getting scammed though.

>>56067988
laptop stickers make a man
>>
>>56067988
The rest of /g/ will respect you, but I'll just you since Lenovo shipped Superfish back in 2014. I can't trust a company that, by accident or not, shipped malware on their computers.

Anybody know a good laptop that isn't a ThinkPad? I'm thinking about turning my Raspberry Pi into a laptop.
>>
>>56068014
>I'm thinking about turning my Raspberry Pi into a laptop.

You're going to be disappointed unless you live in Zimbabwe.
>>
Where can I get the latest version of Flash? At the moment the obvious download place's download button is a link to the adobe home page for me. Literally cannot download it.
>>
>>56062578
>>>/tpg/
>>
File: Riley.jpg (32KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
Riley.jpg
32KB, 360x450px
>>56067995
So, would anyone be up for it? You can put a bit on top for the service. i went to amsterdam i done those truffles and i want some more. im willing to take the risk, if i dont get bumped off and it goes well then i know loads of heads that would buy some.

Or is it easier to just get a digital wallet or whatever. help me out /g/
>>
So , I updated my windows 8.1 after refreshing it and I re-installed all of the programs back , however after I finished the updates I got license errors from all the programs ( mainly autodesk ones ) , and I lost all of my restore points , what causes this problem , and how can I solve it ?
>>
Why are the magnetic sensors in the galaxy s5 so fucking wonky? I calibrate it, then all I have to do to throw it off balance is to rotate it around a bit, then I have to recalibrate...
>>
What file system do I format my External hard drive for if I'm using windows and linux?
>>
>>56068187
Linux has had NTFS support since 2003.
>>
File: rss_2_email.jpg (68KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
rss_2_email.jpg
68KB, 600x350px
Learning React Native while building a simple rss client for rss2imap.

The main view is basically a list of entry you can tap to read, scroll to mark ad read and swipe to mark ad unread / snooze the entry at the end of the list.
The first two step are really easy, but the third one is a bit of tricky: I saw the "snooze" feature for email is basically everywhere, but still I can't find a way to do it in IMAP.

I don't want to bind my app to a proprietary API because everything will run on a raspberry I am already using with K-9.
>>
why is the Source videogame engine so unoptimized?
>>
>>56068285
False.
It could READ ntfs filesystems, you could not write to it directly until around 07/08.
You had to use ssh or other convoluted methods
>>
File: TF2_performance_analysis.png (58KB, 804x836px) Image search: [Google]
TF2_performance_analysis.png
58KB, 804x836px
>>56068373
it isn't that bad in L4D2
here is some light into why the source engine is so shit with TF2 as an example
>>
File: IMG_20160813_205426958.jpg (3MB, 5344x4008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160813_205426958.jpg
3MB, 5344x4008px
Is this going to be a problem? It's not pushing on the cap or even resting on it. It's barely touching it. It's only the one pipe that is touching it.
>>
>>56068513
Its copper if you are worried bend it a little.
>>
If your work gave you msdn with fuckload of licenses

Is there anyway they could find out im using it for personal use, and can they revoke those keys?
>>
Does this power supply seem okay?
It is 80+ bronze, 500W, and the estimated pc maximum draw is 176W. Assuming it meets the minimum standards, it should be able to provide 200W at 50% draw.
Are PCPP power estimates accurate, or do they tend to over/underestimate it?
I realize that I don't have a GPU. I'm going to try integrated graphics or steal the gtx550ti from my previous computer, though I don't think that the 550ti would be much of a step up, considering I don't think it even supports UHD resolution.

The build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TGnNPs
>>
Home wifi got knocked out during a storm, it's back online now but every time I try to access the internet on the wifi I get a popup asking me to login to some random proxy server - even my consoles ask me to.
I have no idea what this shit is about, it happened once a few years ago but I've forgotten what I did to fix it. I'd love to be able to fix this shit without waiting for "professionals".

And before someone asks, yes, I have reset my router manually.
>>
Updated post about my earlier issues:

I've added the correct information to wpa_supplicant.conf, but whenever I try to ping anything, I always get "Network is unreachable".

I have both wlan0 and wlan1, because the Raspberry Pi 3 comes with one, but I still use a WiFi dongle because the built-in RPi 3 one can't do some things.

"<NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP>" shows up for both wlan0 and wlan1 after "ip link".

"netctl start wireless-wpa" returns an error that I don't have wpa_supplicant installed, but I can't get it installed, because I can't get online...

I'm using BerryBoot.

Anybody able to help?
>>
File: winupdate.png (36KB, 816x449px) Image search: [Google]
winupdate.png
36KB, 816x449px
fresh install of win7
kmspico installed
this happens no matter what i try, it just gets stuck on searching.

what do i do to fix this?
>>
Would a Xeon e5 2670 bottleneck a gtx 1060?
>>
>>56069136
Check out johnnyguru's review of it
>>
whats better html5 or flash?
>>
>>56069252
>what do i do to fix this?
buy a mac and run glorious macOS
>>
File: 1465296050415.jpg (83KB, 713x450px) Image search: [Google]
1465296050415.jpg
83KB, 713x450px
>>56069334
>>
>>56060843
What's the difference between CE and CS.
Some people told me they are the same shit but others don't.
>>
>>56069373
one is hardware, the other one is trash
>>
Please help

I recently cloned the contents of my 500GB HDD to a new 1TB HDD, but it only shows the amount of space left that my old 500GB HDD had when plugged into my computer.

I assume I made a 1:1 copy of the HDD, but I want to know what program I can use in order to utilize the full 1TB of data?
>>
>>56069136
ur good man
i had a simmilar maximum draw and used a tacens 400W SFX
works great in my tacens versa case
>>
>>56069403
Go to disk manager and check the drive, it might have cloned it via block level, and you have free space on it you can make in to a diferent partition
>>
>>56069367
>stupid questions thread
>>
File: 1470747666014.gif (2MB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
1470747666014.gif
2MB, 279x350px
>>56069497
thats a retarded question
>>
File: crap.png (30KB, 641x448px) Image search: [Google]
crap.png
30KB, 641x448px
>>56069485
It did. Are you sure their isn't a way to merge the unallocated amount into the C: partition?
>>
What does engineering transfer mean?
>>
File: problem.png (3MB, 1512x1212px) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
3MB, 1512x1212px
Recently, my screen becomes intensely bright and overly saturated for seemingly random periods of time, but returns to normal.

This particular instance has lasted a couple days now so I was wondering if my monitor might be dying or if it's something related to the gpu.
>>
>>56069252
need answer
>>
When i extract large number of files, there are 0 byte random named files.I manually checked all of them, and they are not within these files.
They range from just single numbers to long strings of text.
Using 7z
What could cause this?
>>
whats better html5 or flash?
>>
>>56069682
HTML5 for better optimization
>>
>>56069682
html5 by a mile.
>>
>>56069314
8.4/10
Met efficiency standards.
Quite a few deductions were for missing some of the frills that higher end PSUs have.

Seems good.

>>56069417
Neat, thanks!

Though I do worry that if I add something like a 100W+ GPU I'd be pushing it, as that would raise it to something like 75% load.
But it is still 80+ efficient at that load anyway, so I guess I shouldn't really worry.
Thanks again.
>>
File: IMG_20160813_223615.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160813_223615.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>56069554
UPDATE: May have found a way guys
>>
Is there any downside to overclocking other than possible damage and lower lifespan of the part due to increased heat?

for example if a graphics card is overclocked but is kept below 75c at all times will there be any damage to it at all?
>>
What Firefox fork should i use?

I used Pale Moon
Rate: 8/10
Why i uninstalled: The best browser i've used so far. I'm into ricing and i haven't found ways to rice it to a nice level (too old for nowadays plugins).

I used Nightly
Rate: 5/10
Why uninstalled: Too fucking slow.

I'm using Waterfox
Rate: ?/10
Why uninstalled: The browser shows black parts on sites and i don't know what's this shit.

Help me, /g/
>>
if i were to get one of those new 2-in-1 bullshit laptops and install win7, would the touchscreen still be active? if so, how could i disable it
>>
Am I a dumbfuck for wanting a gaming laptop so I can actually play my games on the go?
>>
>>56070059
pale is meme
nightly isnt slow
*fox are shit
>>
Is there a streamlined way to make a gif?
currently exporting stills i want, then using mogrify to resize,then convert to convert them to gif, then convert again to optimize the gif.
Is there anyway to streamline any part of this process?
>>
I'm trying to code here but when I use shift+number to get for example the hash symbol, it just shows £. How can I fix this? Also my alt-numpad codes seem mixed up.
>>
I have an Asus latop with win10 on it that gets around 4 hours of usage on a full battery. Recently, I removed the hdd and cloned it to my desktop and then put the hdd back into the laptop. I know only get around 2 hours of usage on a full battery. I tried calibrating it but nothing changed. Anyone have any tips?
>>
>>56070175
So...?
>>
>>56070563
So use nightly.
Use e10
>>
Is SLI worth it?
>>
>>56070615
e10... what is that?
>>
>>56070933
Clearly you need to read up on nightly :^)
>>
>>56070945
I'm sorry about that. :(
>>
>>56060843
Looking into getting an IdeaPad. Anyone here ever tried one? Are they good?
>>
My logitech G5 I've had since 2005 just bought the farm, as well as my Intellimouse's right click is giving me problems. (switch is going out, just checked it)

All I want is a decent around optical mouse.
2 mouse buttons, a scroll wheel and 2 side buttons.

I play games some, but don't really buy into all that extreme gamer bullshit. So i don't want a mouse that looks like a damned transformer.

Cause I'm looking at mice now and at least 3/4ths of them look like tacky, horrendous, needlessly complicated/useless abortions.

Any suggestions?
>>
Why shouldn't I sell my MacBook Pro and get this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-PRECISION-M7510-XEON-E3-1535M-32GB-512GB-CL50-SSD-M2000M-4K-UHD-THUNDERBOLT-/391529598452?hash=item5b28fb8df4:g:ynEAAOSwqfNXoNvY
>>
Other than GPUs, sound cards and SSDs, what else are PCI slots used for?
>>
>>56071032

The school I works at uses them. Mostly student machines, or if staff needs a cheap laptop to use.
Not my cuppa tea personally, but I don't think they're that bad for what they are.

why an ideapad specifically though? just curious.
>>
>>56061250
Charter doesn't give a fuck how many copyright notices you get
>>
>>56071086
PCI-E:
NIC cards
HBAs
Thunderbolt cards
USB cards
TV tuners
Co-processor units like Xeon Phi
WLAN cards

Tons of shit, man.
>>
>>56071086
>>56071126
Nothing relevent if you have a modern motherboard and dont want to be a spcieal snowflake to epeen on /g/
>>
>>56071136
Ok retard
>>
>>56071136
>wanting your computer to have expandable functionality is "special snowflake"

Today's "modern" motherboard won't have what's coming out tomorrow- and for that, there will be an expansion card.
>>
>>56071100
For my job I need a laptop that will be able to handle fairly intensive video editing. I saw some IdeaPads that have decent GPUs so I thought they might be good.
I suppose any "ELITE MLG GAYMING" laptop would probably be a good choice as well, as long as they're not overpriced.
>>
>>56071153
Name a pci-e device that isnt critera above, that you use daily
>>
My 1tb wd my passport external hard drive can't be accessed under windows since the anniversary update. In disk management it results formatted ad RAW, under linux and third party programs is corretly seen ad NTFS and I can access it under linux. Windows file manager doesn't mount it and give me "unknown parameter" error if I try accessing it.
Tried fixing partition table and anything related to corrupted boot data but it doesn't work? Is there a fix or I should just wait ages until microsoft fixes it
>>
>>56071167
Intel X540 NIC
SAS HBA
>>
>>56071203
Back up the data then reformat it as NTFS from Windows?
>>
>>56071163
Just pick a good one with a decent gpu, ssd, I suppose. You could do far, far worse.

I'm a firm believer of buying used business machines, etc. I've had luck that way.
But then again i don't video edit on a laptop.. might have less luck, or have to look at specific places.
>>
File: 1469491850383.gif (78KB, 182x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469491850383.gif
78KB, 182x250px
>>56071220
pics or didnt happen :^)
>>
Why did Google go full retard and remove the ability of going back a page using backspace Chrome?

And then talk utter bollocks by saying only 0.04% of users used that feature?
>>
the contents from an entire folder got erased today

while I could have done that inadvertently (which I doubt), what are the odds Win 10 just ate my files?
>>
if i'm using fedora i should get the RHEL drivers for the GPU instead the generic one for linux, right?

(AMD card)
>>
>>56071277
That's a feature? I always considered it to be a bug. I press alt+left when I want to go back, not backspace.
>>
>>56071277
what the fuck
when did this happen
>>
>>56071319
Don't know desu, but I launched Chrome and as I'm sitting there pressing backspace, apparently Alt+Left is the new hotkey to go back a page.
>>
daemontools has one of those stupid installers that downloads another isntaller, how would i install it on a computer without internet?
>>
>>56071504
alternatively: suggestions for image mounting software that downloads normally instead of in this stupid "download a thing that starts a different download" way
>>
>>56071504
>>56071545

use virtual clonedrive instead, since it isn't LITERALLY MALWARE
>>
i have 2x4gb of i think ddr2 ram currently installed
i also have this one random 4gb stick of idk what. will it benefit me to put that in my pc?
>>
I had been listening to music on my mp3 player with MP3 at 320 kbps because the player doesn't have the space for my massive FLAC collection. Can I use OGG instead? Would encoding OGG at 320 kbps or maybe even 256 kbps be significantly better than MP3?
>>
Is it worth getting a Z170 motherboard with a USB Type-C port?

Will it be used for anything useful in the next 5 or so years or should I go for a cheaper H170 motherboard? I probably won't be overclocking anything anyways other than RAM (2133 -> 2400).
>>
>>56071699
Do you frequently use programs which are bottlenecked by your RAM?
>>
>>56071781
dont think so. but it cant hurt to put it in right? or can it, thats what im asking.
>>
>>56071780
I like mine but don't have any 3.1 devices and probably won't get any for years. I just went z170 for my 6600k that I'll eventually overclock in a few years to get a few more years out of it
>>
>>56069252
>>56069667

Restart your computer then install these two updates:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47351

then

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53332

If you can't get them to install, then run "net stop wuauserv" without quotes from an administrative command line then try again. If you're still having problems run this

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
>>
>>56071801
The odd duck will mess up your dual channel. That will cost you performance, but not *nearly* as much as running out of memory and having to go to the swapfile does.
>>
>>56067640
from what i know the actual GPU is the same, its just different cooling/materials that they use
>>
Is a ping of 32ms shitty?
Along with 66Mbps/4Mbps
Coming from an old USB 2.0 Wifi type N
>>
>>56067640
Probably better cooling and slightly higher clocks on the AIB (3rd party card).
I don't know though, on my Fury which has 3 fans it's hitting 75C playing doom, yet I can barely feel the fans blowing any air. Sad!
>>
I'm not expert on computers/internet but I do like working on both back end and front end web development as a hobby atm.

I have this old core 2 duo thinkcentre with 4gigs memory and 1 terabyte of HDD. I installed Centos 7 first then I found out Centos Web Panel do not work on that version so I formatted and installed Centos 6.8 and the latest CWP yesterday. Now I have some problems with the firewall blocking incoming connections to port 80 and problems with phpmyadmin. there's many older version troubleshooting but many don't work properly for my situation. Now I'm beggining to loose my trust to Centos. Bcs every other version of that OS uses different directories or commands.

I'm not against learning but for the time being all I want is a home server for hobby purposes and I want a server that serve with minimum maintenance/trouble. Should I go for a mac mini and OS X server? or fight my way through linux? Maybe I should go for Windows?

what do you think?
>>
>>56071865
How far away is the server you're pinging? Also, use different servers to account for shit happens
>>
>>56071865
Depends what you're doing on said server. If you were playing a game for instance 32ms ping would be 2 frames of lag.
>>
How can i tell if im getting deaf of one ear or one of my earbuds is broken?
I cant seem to fit the other one on the other ear
>>
File: 1453852412486.jpg (30KB, 283x438px) Image search: [Google]
1453852412486.jpg
30KB, 283x438px
Why am I hard crashing to automatic computer reboot during any visually heavy game for my 660ti? Is it the current installed driver, the 2GB GRAM or the internal temp/power usage?

I just wanna play DOOM and Evolve, man.
>>
>>56071970
If i don't put them full-in the audio is centered, but if i put them full-in it skews to one side

I HAVE had ringing and randomly hear weird distortion sounds, but on both
>>
>>56071997
like the deeper i put it (on on ear), the less i hear
>>
>>56071730
Most people wouldn't notice much difference between an MP3 at 320 and something higher, especially on the type of portable headphones you're probably carrying around. If your player happens to support OGG you might as well start adding your new shit that way, but I wouldn't worry too much.

>>56072011
Cut back on listening to loud music and see an ear doctor. It's pretty hard to diagnose yourself effectively. The tinnitus can mean something or it can not.
>>
File: wut.png (11KB, 371x201px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
11KB, 371x201px
Every day it feels like there's a new reason to uninstall Windows 10, but right now I just want to clear this fucking error up first. Shit just started happening this evening once W10 tried updating. Any advice?
>>
what websites are out there were you only see people with high intellect are allowed to post not because some physical wall but because low iq lose interest invisible attention span makes them walk through like a filter
I know is shadertoy.com
post your own known
>>
>>56071730
depends on what you are playing them on honestly
>>
>>56072094
4chan.org
>>
Any decent strides in wireless HDMI yet? I remember being kind of excited for airtame when it was announced but its 3 times as much as they said it would cost and I see that it doesn't work for shit.

I'm just trying to step up my anime watching game
>>
Did Windows 10 remove the option to not automatically update the drivers?

I swear it used to be in Device installation settings. Now all I see is something about downloading apps and icons.

They just pushed a AMD driver the other day that didn't work with my Vive. After an hour of troubleshooting the error code (almost everything online was about USB), I saw that they updated the AMD drivers the other day. Downloaded latest drivers from AMD and it fucking works again.
>>
>>56072073
You can try rolling back to before the update and waiting for it to mature a little.

>>56072157
http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/
>>
>>56072157
You can ban drivers by their name (catalyst/nvidia etc) via powershell, just google it.
>>
>>56072157
That option can be found by installing windows 7
>>
New Thread

>>56072205
>>56072205
>>56072205
>>56072205
>>
How long does it take windows 7 to search for updates? i've reset it like 4 times and it's been hours
>>
>>56072144
Nah. It's kind of a meme technology. Streaming vid over network connections took off too well for anyone to care enough to develop wHDMI
>>
>>56072573
see
>>56071850
>>
>>56071865
For wifi that's not bad
>>
>>56068378
You must have been on a bistro with old kernels. It could write, but not always reliably, since 2.6
>>
>>56060969
i have the exact same problem, but with mine its that everything works properly unless god behold I put youtube into fullscreen. Everything lags and tears the fuck out, its definetily a software problem since that doesnt happen on linux but on windows 10. fuck amd.
>>
>>56062346
common sense 2016 and adblock.
>>
>>56073809
But that first one is so hard to install...
>>
So i have a hyper 212 plus, and a 6600k, the shitty blademaster fan gave out, i'm using 2 1200rpm fans in push/pull for memefactor 9

Should i just buy 1 or 2 decent fans for it or should i get a better cooler, like a d15/s or a le grand macho rt?, I'm not keeping my current case, and will be putting my computer in a case with a 160mm cpu cooler limit, if there are any other coolers i should look into getting recommendations, anything under $100 and the quieter the better
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.