[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are eOS devs so delusional?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-08-13_16-00-46.png (7KB, 592x79px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-13_16-00-46.png
7KB, 592x79px
Why are eOS devs so delusional?
>>
File: 2016-08-13_16-03-52.png (11KB, 571x213px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-13_16-03-52.png
11KB, 571x213px
And you have to click on Custom and enter $0 for it to download for free
>>
>>56059825
They're trying to get some money back from the work they've done while still enabling to use their software for free?

Insanity
>>
>>56059898
Even though 99% of the operating system contains free software made by others?
>>
>>56059898
http://liliputing.com/2015/02/elementary-os-devs-say-youre-cheating-dont-pay-free-software.html

>We want users to understand that they’re pretty much cheating the system when they choose not to pay for software
>>
>>56059841
But that's stealing!!! The devs said so!
>>
>>56059841
What's wrong about this? They just want donations and it seems people doesn't donate enough. You know even that website requires money to be online, right?
>>56059914
would love to see your gnu/linux distro.
>>
>>56060388
>they could do this better
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY

worst argument ever

Face it, most of what makes eOS work isn't/wasn't made by eOS devs
>>
>>56060417
yeah, but isn't it the same case with linux mint and ubuntu? don't they deserve any donation?
>>
>>56060589
they do

But the difference is this:
>Ubuntu & mint begging:
>next to the door with a cup in their hand

>eOS
>In front of the door aggressively asking you for money and then calling you a cheater when you push them away
>>
I'm OK with that. They should charge for direct download links too and just give the torrent for free. Easy $$$
>>
>>56059825
why the fuck do you post about some shitty irrelevant meme distro?

kys you god damn faggot
>>
>>56060754
go away elementary pr
>>
>>56060622
Ubuntu had exactly the same thing in the past, you just ignore it if you're a selfish jew or donate if you're a decent member of society. I bet you're one of those jews that complain on /g/ whenever wikipedia starts asking for donations once a year. Hungry programmers need to eat because they work up an appetite while building the software that you take for granted, so quit being a poorfag and donate to worthy projects.
>>
I like OpenBSD's model.

>"donate to us or the OpenSSH gets it"
>>
File: 2016-08-13_18-26-38.png (45KB, 765x790px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-13_18-26-38.png
45KB, 765x790px
>>56061473
Actually, no

They had (and still have) this

See that clear "No, gib free shit" link?

They also didn't call people who downloaded eOS for free "cheaters"
>>
So is eOS even good? I always hear that their distro is buggy.
>>
Can anyone defend the eOS devs for releasing it as an OS and not just a DE? Seems like sheer vanity to me
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.