[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

getting good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1463855628058.jpg (475KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1463855628058.jpg
475KB, 900x675px
Im about to take the A+ certification test. What compTIA book is the best to buy and study with off anything like amazon or barnes and noble.

As well as A+ what other guides are good to get for upcoming cert tests like network+ and any cisco cert.
>>
>>56059179
Don't bother, Everyone and their grandmother has a degree now. You'll probably have to compete with phds applying for McDonald's.
>>
>>56059413
Thats to defeatist. The phd isnt the only thing that they look at when hiring. You also have to look good, speak well and have a great attitude.
>>
>>56059563
yes but that only gets you halfway. your still just a fish in a sea of fish.
>>
Those are worthless op. Eli says you can't even get help desk with them. Go for the mcsa server at the least.
>>
I'd recommend the mike meyers guide, its very good information for beginners. Also A+ is a good starting point, I got my first IT job with it about 2 years ago. It is only a base line cert so you should move on to other certs after you get it to continue your knowledge base. I'd suggested A+, Net+, and sec+ as a baseline but dont expect great jobs from them. Move on to a more focused area like CCNAs for networking or LPICs for linux. Theres also a bunch of security certs, it just depends on what you want to do. When it comes to a job they'll want experience, so try to get a lower level job with those basic certs and just work your way up. It takes time but eventually you can get a very satisfying IT job. Good luck OP
>>
>>56059691
I really like you helpful people on g. Answering questions with knowledge and experience rather than what this board turned into. Thank you.
>>
Just trying to help. Btw degrees are not everything. Of the dozens of people ive worked with in IT, only about 1/3 had degrees, none of which were phds or even masters, just bachelors degrees. Not to mention those people were more of managerial positions rather than technical ones. IT is one of few fields where experience trumps all else. So getting some years of experience and building up your certs can get you just as far as a degree.
>>
File: 1464423392124.jpg (34KB, 378x310px) Image search: [Google]
1464423392124.jpg
34KB, 378x310px
>>56059609
>>56059691
I've read a lot about people not being able to get into it without a large amount of certs and even then its level one help desk.

Is there any way to work around this? Like maybe moving anywhere there's an opening in a big company or going with google or something like this?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.