[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are they not bankrupt yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (2KB, 362x139px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 362x139px
AMD has just been disappointment and flop after disappointment and flop for the last decade. How are they still afloat?
>>
Consoles and poorfags
>>
Intel gives them cash under the table.
>>
>>56057392 >(You)
Because there are people who do buy their products.
>>
>>56057401
this
>>
>>56057392
I know this is a troll post, but serious response for other people.

AMD has changed by working to bring modern hardware to multiple markets all at the same time. Before, because of the absurd power draw of their processors and graphics chips, this wasn't possible. However, on 14nm, despite what the meme'ing on this board would have you think, they can now deploy full products to every market. Everyone knows that the POOlaris chip doesn't match the high end of Pascal, but it does perform strongly enough against it that they don't have to even modify their design to shove it into consoles and the mid range desktop market. Since it's also a much simpler design than Pascal, they are able to produce more chips, and are making savings by being able to perform longer runs at fabs. Also, Nvidia may be selling strongly in the USA and Europe markets, but the mid range is more attractive to what could be the largest market by volume next year, China. Nvidia has not produced a product to compete with the 460/470 in the China market, where the actual high end cards do not sell nearly as well. Given that AMD will have at least a two month head start on this market, I think their graphics segment will outperform compared to previous years. It's looking to be a good year for AYYMAD.
>>
>>56057392

Consoles are using it and the next generation of MacBooks will also use it.
>>
File: geforce_gtx_480_egg_cooking.jpg (97KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
geforce_gtx_480_egg_cooking.jpg
97KB, 400x287px
>>56057392
>>56057408

AMD owns the license for 64 bit architecture. Intel pays AMD every time they make a 64 bit processor.
>>
>>56057392
They will be soon. I give them 4 years.
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (119KB, 796x805px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
119KB, 796x805px
>>56057392
>how this happen?!?!? \g\ told me they were dead in 6 months :(

It's almost like you and all the other retards on here don't know anything about the business world or the finances of major companies.
>>
>>56060746
>480's sales are good
>so are PS4

Not in 4 years
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.