[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tormail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1.gif (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
10KB, 480x360px
Is tormail safe?
>>
>>56055317
It's probably better.
I wouldn't stake my life on its anonymity, but you should be only using it for PGP stuff anyway.
>>
>>56055317
>not using signaint, or protonmail
>>
>>56055758
Accounts with this patterns are already taken! :(
[email protected]
[email protected]
>>
>>56057806
[email protected] :D
>>
>>56055317
I don't know if anything under that name is around now, but I'll assume if it is, it's a honeypot.

For those who didn't know, Tormail was set up on Freedom Hosting to provide pseudonymous email.

Edward Snowden's email address used when he was trying to teach Glenn Greenwald how to encrypt - https://vimeo.com/56881481 (note date) - was [email protected] - why, hello NSA selectors.

The NSA Tailored Access Operations group, as part of assisting the FBI investigation into what became the Snowden leaks, hacked Freedom Hosting (probably by SQL injection or something mundane), and discovered its location, in order to find out who that leaker had been talking to or anything else. They didn't end up learning anything useful from that, so the FBI next went onto the other email address Snowden had used - [email protected] - which was domestic, so the NSA weren't strictly speaking allowed to hack it, so the FBI went legal on them, and we all know what happened to Lavabit right after that.

Meanwhile, while poking around, the NSA goons found the other sites hosted on the Freedom Hosting servers they'd rooted, and not to put to fine a point on it, some of them were infamous cheese pizza sites. They promptly put what they call a NIT on it - an attempted IP address leaker - which added itself to every site Freedom Hosting hosted (including Tormail), hoping to score the leaker's IP address, or failing that something about the cheese pizza - it would have made for a very nice cover.

Long story short they hit paydirt, Freedom Hosting's owner was arrested, it's all down now.

So no, Tormail's probably not safe, because in amongst all that I think the domain got seized by the FBI. Unless there's been a huge change since then?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.