[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is getting a CS degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1470660316756.jpg (1MB, 1305x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1470660316756.jpg
1MB, 1305x1237px
How hard is getting a CS degree?
>>
>>56053785
Quite easy, I got one and I'm a stupid NEET that lives in my moms basement.
>>
>>56053785
I got one in 4.5 years. Wasn't terribly hard, but wasn't easy.
>>
>>56053785
challenging but not impossible if u are a faggot like us that likes spending free time on a computer
>>
>>56053785
It's as hard as minoring in Japanese
>>
If you can pass Calculus 2 and E&M physics (Physics 2 or 3 most places) then you're golden. The actual CS courses are easy if you actually have half an interest in programming and the kind of math used in CS.
>>
>>56053785
Easy
I got a 4.0 without putting in any effort.
>>
depends how smart you are and where the degree is from
>>
Associates? Easy as high school.
Bachelors at a shit school? Easy as high school.
Bachelors at a real school? Not too hard.
Masters? Not even that much harder. Nice cash sink.
Doctorate? Oh shit nigger what are you doing?
>>
>>56053785
Depends on your math background and the school you go to. Some are really chill and only go through the abstract classes, while others will rape you anally every quarter/semester just to appear as a "top" program.

The math part, though, is a near constant. Be comfortable with at least precalc and you'll be fine.
>>
What kind of job can you get with a CS degree anyway?
>>
>>56054490
>Wasn't terribly hard, but wasn't easy.
>>56055760
>challenging but not impossible
These guys are correct.

>>56053879
>>56055806
>>56055878
>>56055926
>>56055961
These guys are full of shit.
>>
>>56056041
spotted the dumb person
>>
Undergrad degrees for the most part are easy as long as you can self motivate. It's the motivation that's difficult for most
>>
>>56056025
I'm thinking about applying to be a dev evangelist (paid shill for hackathons) at a local startup. Supposed to be code plus advertising, so you're not totally slumped over a computer all day.
>>
>>56056054
>literally being a paid shill
>>
Should I get a Computer Engineering degree over a CS degree? I'm already familiar with programming / general CS topics. Learning them comes fairly easy.
>>
>>56053785
no, lots of women go to cosmetology school
>>
>>56056046
spotted the genius
>>
>>56056085
Most schools do CPE degrees as a blend of EE and CSC. If you feel like you could be doing low level work one day (designing processor architecture, really low level kernel work) or want to learn more about it, go CPE. Other than that, CPEs and CSCs can compete for the same jobs in software engineering, which is mostly where people go once they graduate.

I started CPE but decided that I wasn't interested in the EE side of the major and wanted to take more CS, so I switched. Not really regretting that decision.
>>
>>56056041
How long have you been coping with retardation? Is it the result of cranial trauma or just bad genes?
>>
It's definitely one of the easiest "science" degrees but I think it'd still be too difficult for someone of average intelligence, because they are pretty stupid.
>>
I got a associates in 2 years. Then I got a night shift job. It's fairly easy.
>>
I'm entering my second year of CS at a top 5 uni in the UK. I'm aiming for a PHD because I have money to waste and would find it cool to be called doctor. Am I retarded?
>>
>>56056041
>These guys are full of shit.
But I do have a degree and I'm a fucking NEET weeb.

Do I have to take a pic of my diploma with my potato iphone 3gs camera for the sake of it?
>>
File: CS' proud retard.png (17KB, 1041x148px) Image search: [Google]
CS' proud retard.png
17KB, 1041x148px
>>56053785
>>
>>56055760
>challenging

A complete and total lie.
>>
File: 1455310679806.png (287KB, 836x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1455310679806.png
287KB, 836x1065px
>>56056041
>spotted the living meme
>>
It ultimately depends on the University you go to. My University was pretty easy so it wasn't that hard, but the quality was bad.
>>
Depends on how hard your school makes it.

My Data Structures/Algorithms class had almost 60% of the class dropout.
>>
>>56053785
as hard as muh dick

/thread

sage
>>
>>56056085
Will it really make a difference? To HR not really, but what do you even want to do?
>>
>>56056085
Yes go for engineering degree.You can pick up programming fairly easy if you know the basics VERY well.
>>
>>56056085
Depends on how much you like the EE side of things. Typically the difference between CS and CE is that CE requires more mathematics and physics (though differential equations / Fourier Transform for signal processing). CE/EE at GT is moderately difficult, but not impossible. My best advice is to make sure you want to be an Engineer first, and not just a programmer.
>>
>>56060670
The great CS dream killer Data Structures.
>>
>>56056054
That is not something you should do, unless you have no other opportunities. Evangelists are largely despised by founders and programmers.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.