[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrome changed the shortcut for going back from backspace to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (4KB, 290x67px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 290x67px
Chrome changed the shortcut for going back from backspace to alt + left arrow key

why

i dont like change

>pic related, what they show you when you hit backspace
>>
It's beyond retarded and there's not even an option to reset to the default behavior.

I had to install a fucking extension to make it work like it used to.

Without tons of extensions, Chrome is completely shit desu.
>>
File: 1455591677290.png (56KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
1455591677290.png
56KB, 188x188px
>tfw backspace back has been disabled by default on Linux versions of Firefox as long as I remember
>>
>>56051269
Literally why did you greentext the pic related part?
>>
>>56051366
Redditors use greentext as a replacement for bold text
I don't get why
>>
>chrome developers confirmed for being robots who have never used a computer.
kek
>>
>>56051296
what's the extension?
>>
>not using thumb buttons on your mouse to navigate?

what are you, a neanderthal?
>>
>>56051500
isn't that exactly what is broken?
>>
>>56051269
>changed
You wot?
Back has always had both shortcut keys, they just disabled backspace because normies get mad when they try to delete some form input, losing their data if focus was unexpectedly lost.
>>
>>56051961
OP is just a sperglord that has been complaining about this by making a thread about it every day for around a month

They found that 0.04% of users use backspace to go back a page (yes, everyone knows that chrome logs your shit) so only a very small minority of users will even notice that something changed.
>>
I've been using backspace so long I keep on hitting it. Alt-Left blows due to space between the keys (even as a person who mouses with left hand).
>>
>>56051500
>just noticed that pressing scroll wheel sideways goes back.
>>
>>56051269
Use Opera and you can change it yourself.
>>
>>56051366
Literally why did you start your sentence with literally?
>>
>>56051269
a-left and a-right for history navigation is pretty comfy.
>>
>>56051269
Backspace navigation is one of the worst keybinds ever thought of.
>>
>>56051349
Yeah and the click in the address bar worls different too. On Windows you can double click to highlight specific parts of the url but this can be changed in about:config to behave the Windows way.
>>
>>56051269

i have a button for back and forth, no alt needed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.