[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winblows hacked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1452280924825.png (39KB, 633x973px) Image search: [Google]
1452280924825.png
39KB, 633x973px
OK so I'm 99% sure my Winblows machine was hacked to the point it can be controlled by someone else as long as it's turned on and connected to the internet.
It's on the same network as my Linux machine and I have often exchanged data via USB drives. Any chance that my linux machine is also hacked? I haven't noticed anything suspicious on my Linux machine so far
>>
>>56050837
did you have teamviever installed?
>>
>>56050858
no
>>
DBAN your hdd, with these sorts of things its best not to just count on an antivirus or something, they're mostly useless against serious shit anyways

>Any chance that my linux machine is also hacked?

I wouldn't use the word hacked, but possibly.
If they were able to truly control your pc, they could have interacted with the other machine over the local network.

your post is vague as possible though, what makes you think you've been RATted or taken over?
>>
>>56050837
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>56050881
I was on vacation. Left my windows PC running so it could seed Linux distros. I came back this week and suddenly there's a screenshot on my desktop, taken while I was away
>>
>>56050874
You are good
>>
>>56050906
you don't live with anyone right?
thats pretty weird, i would suspect something odd at play too

again, either do a full pass or dban for extra measure
>>
>>56050931
No, no one was home during my vacation. It was like the hacker wanted me to know that he hacked me since I would definitely see it on an almost empty desktop.

I will erase all my windows drives, but is it necessary to do the same with linux? It will take a lot of time to back up everything, if possible at all, since the virus would likely transfer while backing up, right?
>>
>>56051009
I think it might be from the time that I still ran windows on my laptop for uni, we got files via thumbdrives that everyone used, most likely it transfered to my desktop
>>
>>56050837
Bump out of interest
>>
>>56050837
Hey, OP. I saw that you mentioned that you suspect you were hacked, as there was a screenshot on your desktop.

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have a pet and automatic feeder? I know it's unlikely, but I've had pets do weird shit on my rigs before.
>>
>>56051910
No, I had to chuckle at the theory though. Thanks. Any stories?
>>
was probably uncle sam letting you know to check your freedoms
>>
>>56052226
Nothing too noteworthy, but stuff on par with what you're seeing. A few incidents with screenshots. Another few with applications being closed (actually, once while I was running my package manager, somehow, the cat managed to close the shell halfway through the run).
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>56050906
>suddenly there's a screenshot on my desktop, taken while I was away

JESUS CHRIST i'd immediately nuke the hard drive, unplug everything, take out the CMOS, wait a week, and change my ISP before i even plugged the thing back in.
>>
If you're using Windows 10 then that's your computer behaving as expected.
>>
>>56052972
keke this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.