[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of cooler is this /g/? also is it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1470998692484.jpg (541KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1470998692484.jpg
541KB, 2048x1367px
What kind of cooler is this /g/? also is it any good?
>>
cmon faggots someone must know what this fucking thing is called
>>
>>56042215
I believe the correct technical term is "meme cooler"
>>
>>56042215
>cooler is this /g/? also is it any good?

Its called an AIO "All in one"

They are pretty good desu, /g/ bashes them alot for some weird reason.

They provide good performance and look sleek as fuck
>>
>>56042376
Tiny benefits for the cost (and sometimes worse). Only one big benefit which is size of the cpu heatsink plate bit, but then you also have to find a place to put the radiator which usually isn't a problem. Otherwise air coolers win all day.

What happens if your pump fails?
What happens if your fan fails

vs

What happens if your fan fails?
>>
>>56042409
If the pump fails, your computer shuts down. That's not any different than on an air cooler.

CPUs have build in protection and will shut down if overheating.

Don't pretend that a heatsink wouldn't immediately heat up and become useless seconds after the airflow is gone.
>>
>>56042476
I don't have to pretend because my DH15 fans don't spin up until I hit 50%++. Enjoy waiting 2 weeks for a RMA for your shitty AIO while I walk to the local PC shop for an extra fan and then go back to using my PC.

Do I even need to mention potential leaks also? Pretty evident you don't want to admit you made a shitty purchase, kys.
>>
>>56042476
He wasn't talking about that. You have to replace the entire unit if the pump fails whereas you only need to buy a new fan if your air cooler's fan fails.
>>
>>56042215
It's a Corsair AIO. I don't know which one it is, as I've never owned a Corsair brand AIO, but I would suggest never going with NZXT AIO's. I bought a NZXT Kraken X41 AIO about 6 months ago and it developed a knocking noise in the pump. Got it RMA'd and they sent me a replacement within a week. The replacement developed a knocking noise about 2 months after I got it.

The X41 had idle temps of around 22C and load temps of around 45C, but I now use a Noctua NH-U12S, which has idle=28C and load=58C, with a stupidly low chance of failure.
>>
>>56042409

>What happens if your pump fails?

I've had my H100 for 3 years now without this happening.

> but then you also have to find a place to put the radiator which usually isn't a problem

honestly I'd say its more likely you can't fit some air coolers into certain cases than not being able to fit a 120mm+ rad somewhere
>>
>>56042409
All the corsair AIO have a running time of 50,000 hours

I'd say having to spend $80+ AUD every 50,000 hours is fair
>>
>>56042409
the benefits are
>not having a 1kg block of metal on your mobo
>not putting pressure on the cpu housing
>single radiators are better for micro setups
yes they are more expensive and have parts that can fail but they come with 5+ year guarantees now and are almost silent + compact.

buy what you need for your setup dummy.
>>
>>56042710
>>not having a 1kg block of metal on your mobo
Radiators rarely weigh more than 300g. My 6 year old thermaltake rad which is not even made anymore weighs only a touch over 300g.
>>
>>56042215
One of the 120mm Corsairs. Not terribly good, air coolers are better until at least 240mm and even then coolers like the Noctua NH-D15 are very competitive.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.