[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have desktop boxed in a corner of the top floor of a three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: brain damage.png (151KB, 509x611px) Image search: [Google]
brain damage.png
151KB, 509x611px
>have desktop boxed in a corner of the top floor of a three story house
>router is bottom floor and shit anyway
>connection is absolute balls, parents won't have ethernet going all through the house
>get wifi extender, seems to occasionally fuck up the connection for everyone
at my wit's end here

can anyone confirm that wifi extenders can cause interference on the main signal? Google results aren't very clear but they suggest some sort of feedback effect makes the router shit itself as a result of heavy use.

if so, can /g/ offer any recommendations for a device that will allow me to receive the wifi signal in another room and then send it to my PC through ethernet? Like an extender, except instead of emitting a second wifi signal it just sends it through the cable and causes no interference. I looked through the wiki, but it doesn't seem to have what I need.
>>
Powerline adapter
>>
>>56041980
If your house is pretty recent try out a powerline adapter.
>>
>>56041980
>can anyone confirm that wifi extenders can cause interference on the main signal?
What?
>some sort of feedback effect makes the router shit itself as a result of heavy use
Please stop
>>
>>56042008
This
>>
>>56042008
>>56042017
Alright, I'll give that a try.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1470999726&sr=1-1&keywords=powerline+ethernet

About to order this, does it look fine for my shitty 10Mbps internet?
>>
Yes. Get a shitty wrt54g linksys router (or your favorite brand), load what's called ddwrt, use it as a wireless client (or client bridge mode), and run ethernet cable to your machine. I've been doing this in my home and to man to maintain a stable link to my neighbors WiFi sometimes.

Also, wireless signals propogate downwards, try to get the original signal source relocated to the top floor.
>>
>>56042142
>wireless signals propogate downwards
u wot
>>
>>56042008
This. Just be sure to plug it directly into the wall outlet. Extension cords can cause problems.
>>
>>56041980
Can you possibly move the router to the second floor? I would think that would be best for getting a usable signal on all three floors.
>>
>>56042142
>>56042307
Nah, my dad has a very short fuse when it comes to anything involving the wifi, he won't be willing to consider moving it.

I've ordered a powerline adapter >>56042134 and that'll arrive tomorrow, hopefully that'll sort things. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>parents
le kek XD
>>
>>56043113
>not living rent free with your parents
am laffin
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.