[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intel CPU's are fucking tanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: asian_boobs.jpg (235KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
asian_boobs.jpg
235KB, 681x1024px
All right /g/, I've had Intel computers all my life, and while every other component like HDD, RAM or GPU has at least once failed on me, ALL the Intel CPU's are still going strong, why is that? My dad had an AMD computer and the processor literally shit itself after 1 year, but the Intel ones just keep going.

Is Intel that based or am I just lucky, has anyone here ever seen an Intel CPU fail?
>>
>>56038716
Nice anecdotal evidence, faggot
>>
>>56038736
Idgaf about the antidotes but those are some nice tits
>>
>>56038794
Yeah they're the only reason I'm itt, regardless OP is a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1469292074291.jpg (272KB, 1002x982px) Image search: [Google]
1469292074291.jpg
272KB, 1002x982px
>>56038716
My AMD CPU has held up since 2010 but it noticeably raises the temperature of my room even on idle. I'm waiting to die in a fire.
>>
>>56038716
>the processor literally shit itself
>implying processors poop
>>
>>56039007
You bloody well know they do
>>
File: gpu-failure-rate.jpg (139KB, 1404x579px) Image search: [Google]
gpu-failure-rate.jpg
139KB, 1404x579px
>>56038716
AMD has an awful failure rate

Their parts are just cheap shit
>>
OP is not wrong, I've abused the fuck out of intel CPUs and they never die
AMD fags are delusional autists
>>
>>56038716
I've never personally had a processor fail dating back to the Athlon XP days and I've owned a mix of both Intel and AMD stuff.

I've seen a shit ton of Intel procs fail at my work but they've been thoroughly thrashed.
>>
>>56038716
my amd duron works fine. maybe you should not overclock them too much.
>>
>>56039428

You are a liar or an ignorant. That graphic is about old Asus gpus only.
>>
who is this semen demon and where can I buy one?
>>
>>56038716
Failure rates for modern processors are very close to 1% over a decade assuming normal voltage and temperature. This is true for all modern chips. If a cpu does fail before that, it's more than likely the discrete components attached to the package rather than the die itself. The reason other hardware fails more often is because it has more discrete components than a processor. Motherboards have the highest failure rates because they have the most components, then video cards with the exclusion of mechanical hard drives.

Essentially if a CPU die passes the testing at the factory after being fabricated, it's more or less perfect and will remain that way.
>>
Intel's quality control is REALLY good.
They test their processors in particle accelerators to simulate cosmic rays hitting their CPUs. They test them in accelerated aging ovens, and they really have high standards for their longevity.

That said, AMD processors have the same kind of quality control (probably a little less, but intel's is extreme) so you should have really bad luck if you actually ever have a CPU fail on you.
Usually it's the motherboard. And then if it's the CPU it's usually the motherboard that kills it, or the PSU, or the user from overvolting.

GPUs are a different matter, they're robust but they're stressed a lot harder.
>>
The thought of a CPU every dying is just bizarre to me.
On laptops, the BGA cracking, or flip chip shit, sure, but never on a desktop. Fucking ever.
>>
The government requires botnet processors to only fail when they say they have to fail.
>>
sauce?
>>
>>56038716
If you knew anything about cpus you would know that if you put them inside your pc and they work they will probably work forever. They have no reason to fail like other hardware. Doesnt matter intel or amd.
>>
nonami takizawa
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.