[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't figure out the puzzle...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (36KB, 569x605px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 569x605px
I can't figure out the puzzle...
>>
>>56036789
are you on the School 42 in Fremont?
>>
How are the chunks encrypted? How are they formatted when unencrypted? We aren't mind readers OP.
>>
>>56037220
yes. why?

>>56037283
>How are the chunks encrypted?
SHA256
>How are they formatted when unencrypted
Plain text
>>
Give an example of the chunk.
>>
>>56036789
>mutation
>not mapping
>>
It's a puzzle... the picture is literally all the info given for it. It's just a puzzle online... The last one... It's bothering me that I can't get it though.
>>
"> Looks like we've intercepted some messages from a few death-metal, soulless bot-monkeys. But they're coming through in weird fragments and we can't figure out what's going on. Our top programmer started working on a decryption algorithm, but then he went to the bathroom and never came back. Can you take it from here and decode the messages? We think they might have something to do with the passphrase to their SSH key."
>>
post a link.
>>
https://www.halfpops.com/halfpocalypse/
>>
I almost solved it, then the site went to shit.

First thing I did was just run it to see the output. Then I edited it to print the chunks and it spit out binary. I brute forced how many chunks there were, which seems to be 9. Was writing a binary to ascii implementation but then the site went retarded because of a tab key.
>>
>>56037885
I can't get it to print the chunks no matter what I do... So I can't get beyond that.
>>
>>56038292
I have it printing, but it's giving me this:

rd123 meatbrain!s? -Yeah I reallhe worst. The papassword? -C'monssword is passwoy can't remember-Hey what's the ! -Wow you are t, are you seriou

I think it has something to do with the "hopefully in the correct order" thing the function said
>>
>>56038413
How are you getting it to print?
>>
>>56038445
function convertChunks(arrChunks) {
// TODO: take an array of chunks
// (hopefully in the correct order?),
// and convert to something we can read

var convertedMessage = "";
for(var i=0; i<arrChunks.length; i++) {
var chunk = arrChunks[i];
var chunks = chunk.split(' ');
var convertedChunk = '';

for (var y=0; y < chunks.length; y++) {
var character = parseInt(chunks[y].trim(), 2);
convertedChunk += String.fromCharCode(character);
}
convertedMessage += convertedChunk;
}

return convertedMessage;
}

var chunks = [];
for (var i = 0; i < 9; i++) {
chunks[i] = getMessageChunk(i);
}

var message = convertChunks(chunks);
console.log(message);
>>
I figured out the password but I wanna know how to get it.
>>
>>56038460
Thank you.
>>
>>56038517
Any tips for what to do from here? I have this much, but I'm stuck.
>>
you need to change the
var chunks = [];
for (var i = 0; i < 9; i++) {
chunks[i] = getMessageChunk(i);
}
back to how it was and make it [1] [2] etc. and then you just rearrange them to make the message make sense. or just read it jumbled up like that. It isn't too hard to read it still jumbled.
>>
>>56038553
the thing crashed and i reloaded the page. It change the order the message is displayed in with each reload. After this one is was obvious:)
>>
password123 you faget
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.