[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone here work as a DBA, how do you cope? the money is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: death_awaits.jpg (85KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
death_awaits.jpg
85KB, 1008x720px
does anyone here work as a DBA, how do you cope? the money is great and I was happy at first but I tried to kill myself last july from the stress. I wake up and beg for death. How do you manage?
>>
>>56035665

what is DBA?
>>
>>56035681
database administrator, aka someone without a college education who networks computers together and runs SQL queries all day
>>
>>56035681
database administrator
>>
>>56035665
What exactly makes DBA work so stressful?

Everyone is quick to tell me that it pays well because it's basically hell.
>>
>>56035758
>Hi we need you to edit 50,000 entries
>depending on these other entries they are related to, you have to select the appropriate values from these other tables
>here is a 150 page manual explaining the relationship between these tables
>some of these tables are left over from before the company started using computers and we never bothered uploading them so we will need you to transcribe them
>and we want it done by next weekend

>spend entire weekend trying to write a piece of code that does this automatically
>give up and try to do it one by one

on line 3000 I went to buy a rope and tried to hang myself, starting kicking like a dead fish and knocked over some furniture, parents heard the noise and stopped me
>>
>>56035901
How is any of that administrator work.
In the olden days, you'd hire a bunch of minimum wage peons to do clerical work like that.
>>
>>56035901
durrr what is a theta join boss
>>
File: 1463883115252.gif (399KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1463883115252.gif
399KB, 488x519px
>>56035901
Fuck dude. Don't stay in the job if it pushes you that far, especially if you live with your folks and don't require the income. Money is only worth anything if your ass is alive to spend it.
>>
>>56035901
You're not a very good dba.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.