[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming the NX is indeed a tablet, will Nintendo be able to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: nintendo-nx.png (4KB, 542x294px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-nx.png
4KB, 542x294px
Assuming the NX is indeed a tablet, will Nintendo be able to deliver the first serious competitor to the iPad?
>>
File: summer g.png (988KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
summer g.png
988KB, 1000x1000px
>>>/v/
>>
Not a chance. Nintendo largely focuses on kiddy stuff for their consoles and handhelds, as they know that gaming is a child's hobby. Expect some funny camera filters and maybe a messaging app, nothing more.
>>
>>56034083
If it's a proper tablet then it won't just play videogames dummy.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (250KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
250KB, 900x948px
>>56034088
>gaming is a child's hobby
>>
>>56034046
It can't be "just" a tablet since everyone owns mobile devices anyway, and dedicated mobile makers can generally churn out superior devices in a timely manner. If Nintendo can't match the pace of the industry they'll be in deep shit, which they pretty much can't, so the system will need a hook of some sort.
>>
If it's not a dedicated gaming console, I'm so fucking done with nintendo.
>>
Its gonna be a pokemon go machine kek
>>
>>56034046
NVidia shield couldn't move units for shit, this will flop just as hard.
>>56034115
It will just play videogames. It's from Nintendo for fucks sake. At most it will have a Youtube and Netflix app.
>>
It's a tablet in the same way the Wii U is a tablet you fucking dumbass.
>>
I avoided all the Wii systems because of the fucktarded control scheme.
They need to go back to a normal fucking controller.

Having a giant tablet screen in the middle of your controller was just as bad as the forced WAGGLE controls of the original wii.
>>
>>56034138
Nintendo can potentially offer full games experiences that Apple has been unwilling to do and use that as a USP to get people to migrate to their platform

Imagine buying a tablet... that can also offer fully-fledged console experiences like Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, Monster Hunter etc - and maybe even FIFA and CoD. I'm sure that would give plenty of people pause for thought before buying an iPad.

There's a fuck-ton of technical overlap between a portable console and a tablet, so it makes a ton of sense for Nintendo to go in this direction.

The big question is whether they are capable of creating a competitive tablet OS, development tools and ecosystem when they haven't demonstrated their ability to do it so far.
>>
>>56034167
No? It's a standalone powerful handheld. The degree to which is a tablet solely depends on the OS.
>>
File: 1448006681766.jpg (53KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1448006681766.jpg
53KB, 612x612px
>>56034691
>tablet
>handheld
>>
>>56034962
What's the difference between a tablet and a touch-screen handheld with removable controls as seen in the pic in OP? Pretty much fucking nothing.
>>
>>56034990
You've missed the point of PORTABLE gaming systems entirely.
>>
>>56035035
>tablet isn't portable
uhhhhh?

My Game Boy, Gear Gear and Lynx didn't fit in my pocket if that's your narrow-as-fuck definition
>>
>>56035054
>Game Boy
>didn't fit in my pocket

Spotted the manlet.
>>
>>56035097
Spotted the dude wearing cargo pants
>>
>>56035107
i'm pretty sure wearing cargo shorts is acceptable when you're 10
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.