[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (58KB, 747x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 747x659px
I really want to learn about computers so I can get a job at a local computer shop, but the applicants need to have a basic general knowledge of just about everything and I basically know nothing about computers.

I really need the job and it's been open for a month so and nobody else has gotten it so I think they can wait a while longer, but I have no idea where to start learning. How did you guys get edumacated?

Wat do?
>>
You could try to go there and offer to help around for a month, and learn.

Other than that, I assume it is mostly windows related?

Try to get IIS (windows http server, for all you care) and get it to serve you an index.html you write from localhost.

This should keep you busy for a while.
also get an old disk and repartition it. Reinstall office? Maybe try to dual boot windows/ubuntu.

Spin up a virtual machine with windows xp, configure printers, save .doc to pdfs, mount a samba share over LAN, format an usb drive to NTFS, use winscp to access a remote box.

But mostly just show up on the shop and tell them you are willing to learn.
>>
nginx in windoes wouldn't hurt. It is weird enough to get it running for a begginer that should give you an interesting afternoon.
>>
>>56033945
The only skill you need to work there is how to use Google. Now go get an interview, pretend like you know what you're talking about, say some shit like, "My Thinkpad dualboots Gentoo and Arch" and you've got it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.