[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, someone is using a Kali live boot to crack a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: aircrack.png (189KB, 663x377px) Image search: [Google]
aircrack.png
189KB, 663x377px
Hypothetically, someone is using a Kali live boot to crack a WPA2 secured wifi password. Using a live boot usb with persistence slows the OS to a halt and is unusable, so one could not store wordlists along with the OS. Would storing the wordlists on a second separate USB, and using both of the USBs, be a viable workaround? Is there a better way?
>>
>crack a WPA2 secured wifi password
Hah, no they aren't
>>
>>56025588
You don't know what you're talking about, thanks for the bump though.
>>
>>56025588
well they aren't really cracking, more like trying out a lot of different passwords and hoping they find the right one.
>>
>>56025614
Which is cracking, brute force.
>>
>>56025546
>605K/s
Lmao ausfag gtfo
>>
A better way is to just make a small partition and throw it on there and do your work from it, because going through a separate USB is not going to be any faster, in fact it will most likely be slower.
>>
>>56025662
I've never split up a flash drive into more than one partition, are you sure this won't impact it's ability to be booted from?
>>
>>56025704
You didn't understand me, Don't boot from the flash drive but instead boot from your own HDD.
>>
>>56025546
If youre doing it off a big wordlist it's better to have it installed on the system and fetch the wordlist from the HD or a high speed external HD. Only work around I can think of using the portable USB to boot off is to do an actual brute force crack, AKA to specificy the character set, length and bruteforce like that. Although anything over length 8 will take a long long time without serious power.
>>
>>56025714
I had a dual boot setup in the past, but I am trying to get this to work with a live usb as I would like to be able to just boot up into any computer and go.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.