[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CYB/ - THE CYB3RPUNK GENER4L

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 20

File: Voight Kampf.webm (176KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
Voight Kampf.webm
176KB, 1280x534px
someone get a medic, we're losing him edition

Last thread: >>dunno

These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources <<<
https://jinteki.industries/
https://tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/
https://tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/textfiles/
Archive: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&search_subject=Cyberpunk
Zeronet: https://zeronet.io/
Freenet: https://freenetproject.org/
Suggestions for new resources are welcome.

The TOX and IRC groups appear to be dead, are new ones in order?
I'd host one but I'm actually not very tech literate, just here for style points.

Old OP (some links are outdated):
https://github.com/Tracerneo/Cyberpunk-General
>>
File: Cowboy Beepop Jupiter Jazz.jpg (95KB, 960x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy Beepop Jupiter Jazz.jpg
95KB, 960x1570px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM
https://open.spotify.com/album/6gNyXr6nNjX0JVQd5VCUM6

Some mood music, how about.
>>
>>56024301
> CYB3RPUNK GENER4L

> Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

> I'd host one but I'm actually not very tech literate, just here for style points.

Whelp, at least you tried.
>>
>>56025886
Where were you when cyberpunk got real?
>>
>>56025899
Fuck. And here I was hoping nobody else would reply.

When did it get "real", exactly?
>>
>>56025925
When the NSA started hoarding big data? I dunno man, so many big cues in history.
>>
>>56025942
So the early 2000's?
>>
>tfw it's cyberpunk now
>tfw instead of dark and neon everything is bright and minimalistic
>tfw no /cyb/ gf either

This isn't the cyberpunk I wanted lads
>>
>>56025989
If we are guided by that the NSA has been doing shady shit since its inception, like the tampering of the telegraph.

My bet several branches of cyberpunk started around the second half of the 20th century, but around the 90's/00's begun to explode widely thanks to the internet and the home computer revolution.
>>
>>56025925
>Microsoft, Google and Facebook megacorp monopoly isn't real
>The world isn't ran by an oppressive international corporate banking cartel
>private corporate armies aren't a thing
>your every move isn't being surveilled
>wage and credit slavery isn't a common thing

Were you in a coma in the last 10 years?
>>
There is Telegram group Invite link:

https://telegram.me/joinchat/CY0Lwj-vEL64N39ODljS8Q
>>
>>56024301
Thank you, my child.

BTW, https doesn't play nice with Tracerneo or Jinteki Industries. Some people a couple threads ago were saying they were dead. Just remove the 's', and it should load.
>>
File: M R 2.jpg (387KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
M R 2.jpg
387KB, 1024x685px
>>56026028
I know this feel all too well.
>>
why do these threads suck so much? when will you start talking about infosec instead of childish, retarded "science fiction"?
there is a reason these threads die: they are useless
>>
>>56024301
tox is crap, why don't we have an official cyb jabber server?
>>
>>56025942
Probably started in 2001, If their collection systems had been in place before that they could have possibly stopped 9/11.
>>
>>56029961
Previous threads had infosec related discussions. Check the archive.

>"retarded 'science fiction'"
Shouldn't you be getting ready to go back to school?
>>
>>56029318
>>56029964
About this, there was a thread the other day about BBSes that made me think about secure communication and the shareware movement. Something many of us long to help freedom of speech and when we have the big brother around.

I would pretty much like to know how to create a sort of BBS myself, they seem great to provide several services coupled into one. Also, information is valuable and would like to share my collection of data without fear of repression.

But do you guys use any program for chat and filesharing? Certainly, would be cool to go beyond 4chan file formats and share more than pics.
>>
>>56029983
They had been doing that long before 9/11. Thus, conspiracy theorists suspect it was boilerplate.
>>
>>56030297
>But do you guys use any program for chat and filesharing?
didn't ares do this? I'm sure there are many more...
>>
>>56030352
Is it me or anybody else would like o see a futaba-style filesharing?

This is IRC meets filesharing. I've seen people from /diy/ asking to have exotic file formats allowed to share schematics, and /tg/ had pdf's allowed since a while. Also, /wsg/ has incorporated videos in the form of webm.

Am I too ahead for the times?
>>
>>56028951

>Come to /g/ to get away from the world
>Get feels this heavy instead

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>56030657
>local web browser connecting to a specific website (an image board) in the tor network, everything else disallowed, JS disabled at compile time. the browser has a extension that allows the user easily upload files from a specific directory
I know I suck at imagining implementations... but I wonder if ^ would be a good idea

also, why doesn't 4chan simply allows people to share .bin files that other people have to rename to use?
>>
>>56030657
That sounds really nice.
>>
What musical genres get you into a cyberpunk mood?

For me it's hardcore rave from the 90s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GQ6O0mbrrE
and early 90s EBM/dark industrial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAifZTRnnKg
>>
>>56030297
I created an XMPP chat on freifunk.

Domain: freifunk.im
Room: /CYB/
>>
>>56031000
sorry
Room: CYB
>>
>>56030949
As my programming skills are nearly inexistent, my first attempt would be a BBS, trying to get the look and feel of 4chan in ascii. Yeah, it sucks, but sshchan inspired me.

>>56030972
Sounds nice, but all depends in the skills of the programmer. I suck, maybe someone else here can do better.

>>56031000
Bookmarked.

Generally I don't use web services. I disable the javascript.
>>
What is the most cyberpunk city? It was Kowloon, but that's long gone. I'm thinking shinjuku.
>>
so how likely is it that a bunch of /cyb/fags band together and make the most oppressive technological metropolis known to man
>>
File: qt.png (389KB, 493x616px) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
389KB, 493x616px
>>56031119
>KASHIWA Daisuke

my nigger

How's Program Music II compared to I? I can't believe I haven't listened to it yet.
>>
>>56031119
Wouldn't be more appropriate to move to an already oppressive megacity, start out at the very bottom doing cyb stuff and stay low underground?
>>
>>56031077
You don't have to visit the site, You can create an account from within pidgin.
>>
>>56031142
a lot less glitchy
but still worth a listen
meteor a best
>>56031143
do you have any examples
>>
>>56031151
Forgot about XMPP and other protocols for a sec.
>>
File: 1470938485483.jpg (2MB, 1971x1971px) Image search: [Google]
1470938485483.jpg
2MB, 1971x1971px
can someone cyberpunk edit my picture?
thank you
>>
>>56031181
>do you have any examples

Can't point to any actual communities like that, however it should at least be closer to the realm of reality compared to creating something new monstrously cyberpunk.
>>
File: a3366014855_10.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3366014855_10.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>56031119
Sorry, but an oppressive corporatocracy is not my ideal of cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk also is having the chance to have adventures in the face of danger, using cool high tech when you are living the low life, bearing critical information for the world, unveiling mysteries, or passing times of tribulation to finally taste (the sometimes bitter) victory.

I want that, and as I live in a corporatocracy, I want to find the way to have the good parts too.
>>
>>56031239
Singapore might be a good start then
>>56031557
cool high tech comes from the corporations, no?
>>
>>56031781
That is a failure in reasoning.

Technology comes from science, big corporations hoard the licenses of much unused technologies, most of all in the biotech industry. Small companies get patent trolled and can't compete with big ones and we are stalled.

And cool high tech can't be done by common citizens because of licenses at the risk of being sued, unless is open source like arduino.

I won't get deceived to comply and you shouldn't neither.
>>
>>56031919
In short, high tech is FORBIDDEN in this society, much more if you are a low life.
>>
Any good literature I should read? I haven't read any cyberpunk books that I remember.
>>
>>56031919
>>56031966
I understand how I may have made a leap in logic.
What about all the expenses of creating?
>>
>>56032014
You mean how much it cost for researchers right? Because big companies have more than enough money if they are willing to stop the production from many patents just to ruin small competitors.

Is not a matter if all companies are evil, but if the big ones are.
>>
>>56032087
And no, the cost for research is small compared, also is production. We are just not seeing a true free market where every research is by collaboration and paid forward. I mean, kickstart is pretty much open funding, you don't need big companies to put money when you have other ways to fund.
>>
>>56032147
It's interesting to see kickstarter at work.
I never have the spare money to give.
>>56031982
We probably should compile a list of media for /cbg/ but I'm not too well versed
>>
>>56028951
> >Microsoft, Google and Facebook megacorp monopoly isn't real
Give me a fucking break.
> >The world isn't ran by an oppressive international corporate banking cartel
Well? Where are your proofs?
> >private corporate armies aren't a thing
Name three. PMCs aren't allowed.
> >your every move isn't being surveilled
Online, maybe, and that's circumventable. And if you call being recorded by shitty low-res CCTV cameras in places like McDonalds "your every move being surveilled", then I don't know what to tell you.
> >wage and credit slavery isn't a common thing
Maybe in China, you spoiled fuck.

> Were you in a coma in the last 10 years?
No, I wasn't.

>>56029961
They used to be a lot better, you know.

Now they're just focused upon the "cyberpunk aesthetic". It fucking sucks, man.
>>
>>56032427
>Give me a fucking break.
What? Anything you do online goes through one of these 3 corporations. Even on loonix you're dependent on google.

>Well? Where are your proofs?
Did you read news in the last 10 years? Anything financial is backed by Goldman-Sachs, anything war-related is backed by OSF aka Soros, anything political is backed by the Blackstone and Carlyle.

>Name three. PMCs aren't allowed.
Academi (owned by Monsanto), Gazprom Gazobezopasnost (owned by Gazprom), Titan (Owned by L-3 Communications). There are at least 20 corporate armies. Even Samsung has one operating in Asia.

>Online, maybe
Your phone listens to you and tracks your movements 24/7. Your ID has your fingerprints. And biometric CCTVs are a thing. Will be widespread in the next 2 years, because "terrorism".

>Maybe in China, you spoiled fuck.
You don't have a mortgage, a car loan and health insurance? are you a neet on autismbux?
>>
File: wow.gif (2MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
2MB, 550x309px
>>56032427
>PMCs aren't allowed
>>
>the future is here
>namefags everywhere
fuck living
>>
>>56033008
>namefags everywhere
>literally 2 in this entire thread
Are you okay? Do you need help?
>>
>>56032885
>PMCs aren't allowed

Why not? PMC = private army. Are you a retard or something?
>>
File: two.gif (1MB, 245x215px) Image search: [Google]
two.gif
1MB, 245x215px
>>56033107
>>
>>56032427
>
Surely you're taking the piss?

Corporations/governments tracking citizens via GPS, microphones, cameras, deep insight into personality/vulnerabilities/finances via internet use tracking, social media shrinking the world, concentrating social/career/personal networks into easily accessible, unprotected chunks for corporations/governments, children on the grid from birth via these same networks, etc etc etc.

All of your other points are similarly rebuttable, but trivialising the incredible rise of surveillance/control by corporations and governments in the last decade as 'a few low-res CCTV cameras in McDonalds' is just retarded. I look back on the days when we genuinely worried about CCTV as being quaint. Things are 100x worse now. You're an idiot or a troll.
>>
File: mysterious individual.jpg (163KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
mysterious individual.jpg
163KB, 507x338px
>>56033174
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_private_military_contractors
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/pmc-list.htm
>>
>>56033221
>Blackwater
They changed their name to xe.... SEVEN FUCKING YEARS AGO.
>>
>>56032427
Then get out of /cyb/.
>Well? Where are your proofs?
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0025995
>Name three. PMCs aren't allowed.
Taking away the chance to mention Blackwater reveals your true intentions. Also this >>56032715
>Online, maybe, and that's circumventable. And if you call being recorded by shitty low-res CCTV cameras in places like McDonalds "your every move being surveilled", then I don't know what to tell you.
Every time people go to protest they are being recorded by drones with cameras.
>Maybe in China, you spoiled fuck.
Entire countries have debt you sick fuck. Including countries who have gained debt thanks to dictatorships and the IMF mafia.
>Now they're just focused upon the "cyberpunk aesthetic". It fucking sucks, man.
Beyond that we were talking about real issues, which you obviously got triggered enough to intervene.

You made me so angry I had to retype this post two times.
>>
>>56033221
>>56032427
>>Give me a fucking break.
>Then get out of /cyb/.
>>Well? Where are your proofs?
>http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0025995
>>Name three. PMCs aren't allowed.
>Taking away the chance to mention Blackwater reveals your true intentions. Also this >>56032715
>>Online, maybe, and that's circumventable. And if you call being recorded by shitty low-res CCTV cameras in places like McDonalds "your every move being surveilled", then I don't know what to tell you.
>Every time people go to protest they are being recorded by drones with cameras.
>>Maybe in China, you spoiled fuck.
>Entire countries have debt you sick fuck. Including countries who have gained debt tanks to dictatorships and the IMF mafia.
>Now they're just focused upon the "cyberpunk aesthetic". It fucking sucks, man.
>Beyond that we were talking about real issues, which you obviously got triggered enough to intervene.

Looks like you accidently delted that post
>>
>>56033283
>You made me so angry I had to retype this post two times.
this is why you should filter namefags globally
>>
>>56033271
There is a difference between a standalone military contractors and military companies owned by international corporations doing their bidding.

Blackwater was "sorta" standalone, they were sold to Monsanto and are used to advance the corporate interests in the middle east.
Iraqi constitution has GMO seed usage written into it.
>>
>>56033305
No I didn't. I accidentally mistyped a lot because anger.

>>56033318
I am considering that now.
>>
>>56032715
>>56033221
>>56033232
>>56033283
Whelp, you got me.

Thanks for educating me.
>>
>>56033283
>>56033396
Also I love big cyberpenis in my butt. ;3
>>
File: Squint.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
Squint.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>56033467
>>
I've been wondering lately why we don't have decentralized communications yet. A server isn't necessary anymore with our phones always online. Why not email on steroids, where you have a [email protected] and this address is reachable for encrypted text/audio/video/file transfer?
>>
>>56034096
These things need good developers.

One particular project I am looking forware is Gittorrent, a mix between git and the torrent protocol. It would be an unstopable filesharing service if somehow trackers could be dynamically added and removed according to availability. Like having a torrent index inside one torrent.

Really decentralized communications require new protocols, which are complicated but exists. But imho decentralized services should come first.
>>
>>56034242

Would this sort of project need new protocols? It seems to me that you could essentially negotiate a VPN tunnel and then transfer whatever you wanted through it.

You would still need DNS to make a known name reachable but that's not going away anytime soon anyways so why not use it.
>>
>>56034469
Gittorrent is in beta and doesn't use new protocols, only bittorrent. Also you are right about DNS.

Didn't see anyone using this project yet, but with something like this is only matter of time.
>>
>>56028951
>all this happened and yet we still don't have cyborg augs and underground communities of hackers and couriers and a strong enough counterculture against corporate oppression
what went wrong /g/?
>>
>>56033008
not enabling forced anon through browser extensions
it really should be in the inbuilt options for 4chan
>>
>>56034672
Nothing. You will see that coming in the next 5 years.

Most people will be using an augmented reality headset, just like they are using phones now.
There will be mandatory bioimplants as a "security measure" against "terrorism".

The subculture of hackers won't be a thing, because of the hardware and corporate being too complicated to understand. It's already being made by huge teams and even the people who make them only know the parts they make.
Although you will see a subculture of nationalist antiglobalists, who will engage in ol' good bombings and assassinations.
>>
>>56034096
the internet is essentially decentralized, since it's a network of networks. To have a purely decentralised network implies no hierarchy, which means every device can connect directly to any other device, and that's very hard to implement. According to your image A is like a LAN with one server, B is like the internet with multiple networks connected to each other, and C is a network where every device is also a node for forwarding traffic - like Tor.

Look up mesh networking though, there's even messaging apps such as Firechat based on mobile mesh networks for use in protests where internet connectivity is blocked, like in Turkey or Iran.
>>
>>56034765
>The subculture of hackers won't be a thing, because of the hardware and corporate being too complicated to understand.

But this is where the problem is, people have the capacity to design things from anywhere if they have the right software and a bit of genius. But there's no incentive to do it other than muh botnet which doesn't exactly pay the bills.
>>
>>56034765
Everything beyond the first word I agree, and that makes me sad.
>>
>>56034807
There is still chance a strong nationalist leader will come into power and stop the multinational corporate cartel.
Trump is a very good bet now.
>>
>>56034784

I suppose I'm thinking about partially decentralizing communications: instead of using DNS/SMTP/PSTN as well as central servers that store communications and files, I am thinking of collapsing those central addressing networks into DNS alone and then removing the central storage servers from the network entirely.

Pros:
>privacy
>unfettered transfers client2client

Cons:
>onboard storage overhead

I'm sure there are other considerations but I'm just writing down what's occurring to me.
>>
File: MFW.jpg (379KB, 1235x656px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.jpg
379KB, 1235x656px
>>56032427
>> >Microsoft, Google and Facebook megacorp monopoly isn't real

I hope I'm being baited
>>
>>56034877

Cons:
>spam filtering offloaded to local device
>>
>>56034096
Ultimately what gets the most force is whatever gets the most money thrown behind it because this is what draws in developers and researchers and right now it's centralized "cloud" architectures because data makes the world go 'round.

Not to say the decentralized technologies and projects don't exist, but you aren't going to see Google Tor programmed by hundreds of full-time developers and promoted by a full marketing division any time soon.
>>
>>56034870
Despite defeating current multinationals we might be just replacing a conglomerate with another.

I recall how Trump made business, and fear he keep the same costumes during presidency.
>>
>>56034971

Agreed yet desktop Linux exists and is mostly functional despite similar constraints on development.

>I say mostly functional in jest
>noob-friendly distros today are quite impressive
>>
>>56035015
Trump runs one of the most honest businesses there is - construction. He creates physical stuff, he sells it. He doesn't meddle with people's lives, debts or privacy.

We just need a room to breathe, destroying the current oligopolies is essential. What comes after that yet has to be seen.
>>
Remember that the easiest cyberpunk thing you can do right now is run ad-blockers on everything. If you take away the megacorps' primary means of monetization, they'll lose a lot of incentive to mine everyone's sensitive personal data.
>>
>>56034921
They aren't. They're software companies more than anything, there are real, viable alternatives to their products, and I'd say they lack horizontal and/or vertical integration.
You want a real monopoly? Look at Luxottica.

>>56033467
You tried.
>>
>>56035061
>one of the most honest businesses there is - construction
Sorry, can't agree. I just know too many examples of exactly that gone to hell.
>>
>>56035056
What keeps things like (in no particular order) Linux, TensorFlow, Xen, OpenStack, etc., etc. afloat is it's mutually beneficial for companies to contribute because their monetization comes from the data, not the platform.

The problem is the monetization is almost always data driven, and processing lots of data requires lots of computers, and the easiest way to achieve this is with a datacenter.

As one example, we have machine learning on the horizon. Having the best product will require having lots of data and lots of computers to crunch models. So your device is going to send tons of data to datacenters and occasionally get pushed models. Not good for privacy or security.
>>
>>56035061

I get what you're saying and I too value manufacturing over this new paradigm of a purely service and design economy. However, Trump did venture into casinos which are hardly a creator of wealth.
>>
Is it possible to be cyberpunk if your room is well lit and has white walls?
>>
>>56035147
Other businesses are way way worse. You can't name any major corporation or a bank, that doesn't have blood of thousands on their hands.
Construction is truly the most honest one.

>>56035201
Trump did venture into steaks and neckties too. The few casinos aren't his source of income, he just likes to have a presence everywhere.
>>
>>56035111
You are using a wrong logic. They use monopoly style tactics to keep market dominance.

Monopolies many times try to keep their reign by these tactics rather than product/service quality.

One of these tactics is Microsoft's halloween documents, and there are many more.

>>56035194
There is another way for monetizing and that is providing service. Red Hat made it big time thanks to tech support.
>>
>>56035237

I'm not bashing him. He's certainly more of an American leader than a Marxist Constitutional professor and a career carpetbagger.
>>
>>56035258
>There is another way for monetizing and that is providing service. Red Hat made it big time thanks to tech support.

This is true. You either mine data for advertising or you provide a service. Preferably I'd like to decrease the incentive for the former because the latter is easier to deal with.
>>
>>56035237
>>56035275
You do understand Trump is going to increase mass surveillance, right?
>>
>>56035321
No, he won't. Because he thinks mass surveillance is a half-measure.
He just want to outright send all the terrorists and their whole families to Guantanamo, deny the entry to any new potential ones and be done with it.
>>
>>56035355
Since 9/11 many excuses were used to blame of terrorism to innocent people. And as someone who witnesses strange things happening in the OccupyWallstreet IRCs, can only be sure surveillance is going to be misused for political reasons.

Unless, he fires all the pentagon, the CIA, the NSA and other three letter agency.
>>
File: youre-fired.jpg (66KB, 646x648px) Image search: [Google]
youre-fired.jpg
66KB, 646x648px
>>56035484
>Unless, he fires all the pentagon, the CIA, the NSA and other three letter agency.
I wish.
>>
>>56035484
>strange things happening in the OccupyWallstreet IRCs

>strange things
They were just hijacked by the Soros-funded SJWs and the people asking real questions were arrested. Nothing strange in that.

>>56035484
>Unless, he fires all the pentagon, the CIA, the NSA and other three letter agency.
He just needs to audit CIA and the Fed. That's all. Although the last guy, who tried got shot in his cart.

CIA is a de-facto private entity and has been for a long long time, they don't answer to the government anymore.
>>
>>56030326
google was started, publicly at least as a cover for the NSA search algorithms and netspiders.

it was just that much better than the competition and made money for hte NSA.
>>
File: Wull.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Wull.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>56034096
Certain types of radio nets are decentralized and ad-hoc, auto routing and allows for setup and teardown.

Anyone into Cyberpunk tech might want to look into general RF tech (radio, radar, comms, networking, navigation and electronic warfare).
>>
>>56035554
It's not a cover anymore. Remember, Google is Alphabet Inc now.
Go check their board of directors - everyone except Brin has served in the government or in the agencies at some point.
>>
>>56035601
i got called a nut back in early 2001 for thinking this. early 01 means january, and i met some people that were shady as all fuck, and were whiteboy yuppie facemen in central and south america for various groups that wanted and needed tame white folks for dealing with other groups and the prestige of having them.
>>
>>56035643
>and were whiteboy yuppie facemen in central and south america for various groups that wanted and needed tame white folks for dealing with other groups and the prestige of having them.
you mean disinfo ops people who report to CIA branches in embassies, south america is filled with them, there's as many as them as populist leftists
>>
>>56035643
Not being called a nut is hard. I fill myself with proofs, and one must have good sources to prove stuff. Like STD experiments in Guatemala. If Obama hasn't made the phone call apologizing, some would still be arguing that didn't happen.

But even with first hand sources you get trolls who can't be nothing but paid to spread bad information on purpose.

>>56035773
True.
>>
>>56035773
they could be that, or those spoiled white guys that got basically enslaved by the cartel over drugs, money, gambling and women.

there were some semi legit guys in that group, most were nothing but double agents, but some were just straight up mercenary as fuck and would sell themselves out for the right price.

there was a slave market in the federal building in downtown orlando too.
>>
>>56035861
yeah, I've heard it all. square folks dont know how shallow the surface is once you get into the criminal element, and fucking up real bad.

dude i know was rolling deep with some very weird groups and heard all the drug runner ghost stories about the landing strips in the everglades, aligator death cults in the boonies, the serial killers getting popped by hookers who were strung out as fuck, the whole miami scene where all kinds of shit goes down like the $80K bets on single street races from one dude, the iranians that came over after the shah and had businesses with no customers to launder drug and human and sex trafficking money.

the shit he would go on about in texas was fear and loathing: SICARIO AINT GOT SHIT ON ME NIGGA, LATER 90'S EDITION. then his one time, in kansas stories, when he was a bodyguard for this old fat saudi guy that LOVED rodeos, cocaine, arm wrestling, midwestern traps named diana, and gay sex in truck stop bathrooms on I-40, and getting into a fist fight with white supremicists in iowa. all the while paid by a old whiteman out of a POB in kansas city kansas to report on the whole deal and turn in receipts and these special forms for bribing cops.

I honestly dont know where his stories ended and the bullshit began, if they were all bullshit, or they were all true, but he said them like he was describing a trip to the grocery store.
>>
>>56030997
Jazz.
https://youtu.be/lQKt7DTKyJU

>>56031781
>cool high tech comes from the corporations, no?

An interesting example of this not happening is Japan. Centralized subsidies and a reliance on tried-and-true methods lead to a bottle neck within the tech sector in Japan, where small tech companies couldn't get enough funding in the early 90s due to being looked on as risky, whereas the big corps just dev'd stuff for themselves or for other big corps.

>>56033283
Do understand that country-debt is not the same as personal debt. A single person is, 90% time, expected to pay their debts within their lifetime (20-30 years). Countries, however, have much longer life expectancy, and can therefore take on loans which seem absurd for individuals. I do agree that the situation in the US is bad, but saying public debt is bad outright is not correct either.

>>56034784
Something relevant. http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/ways-to-decentralize-the-web/

>>56035061
In very corrupt countries construction is exactly the go-to place to handle illegitimate funds. In principle, of course, it is better because of the physical benefit (a potentially scrapped software project won't benefit anyone), but then again, look at the tofu houses in China.

>>56035212
You might lose street-cred from try-hards, but as long as the principles are in order the aesthetics don't matter.
>>
>>56036476
>saying public debt is bad outright is not correct either
Public debt is used to enslave countries by financial entities. Take the IMF and the euro zone, countries like Greece produce a decay in the government such as to having to comply absurd demands which don't appear in the tabloids but are harsh, like selling hospitals to the private sector (eve if it is covered on the media).

And don't get me started on Argentina.
>>
>>56036608
The issue with Argentina and Greece is not purely one of public debt, but also of bad public management, which lead to excess levels of debt very quickly.

Countries can take loans from other countries, and, Japan as a prime example, take loans from national financial entities. Obv. that has some negative connotations when one begins to discuss class society etc., but it is not at all as bad as owing money to completely international banking conglomerates.

In most economic theory a certain level of public debt is also thought of as necessary in order to secure a degree of public investment.
>>
>>56036702
In a perfect world you could be right about debt, but you didn't happen to tell how this debt came into being beyond relating it to a bad public management.

The IMF is investigated to be in complicity with the last argentinian dictatorship around the 70's for willingly put the country in debt by giving money directly the regime. Money which wasn't directed for the argentinians in the first place.

Also, mister president, who is known to be included in the Panama papers for having offshore companies for the purpose of money laundering or at least tax evasion, was known before being a politician to be a private contractor to build public infrastructure.

The president is now inviting the IMF again, when the IMF was kicked out ten years ago when Argentina paid his debt.

Somebody had to admit that debt is only one of several ways this "establishment" wants to replicate what the feudalism did. They just happen to use a web of intricacies more complex to simple understanding.
>>
>>56036948
TL;DR the current president lived off government money, the IMF lived off government money, the government lived off people's money.

And no, when you think of taking away the government you are just thinking in replacing it with big corp, who is by now more powerful than many countries.
>>
>>56036948
>micromilitancia
>>
>>56036948
Naturally corruption etc. plays a role in countries like Argentina where everyday corruption in generally is an issue. But saying that all, or even most, countries are susceptible to this seems a bit misguided. Take a look at the Nordic countries, for instance.

But I do agree, there are dangers lurking within public debt. Though nothing that isn't manageable in the end.
>>
>>56036994
I seriously hope you are not one of the government's paid trolls.

Because I was wondering when they appear after the first mention of Argentina.
>>
It's there a list of the best cyberpunk movies?
>>
>>56036702
Your understanding of the world economies is pretty entry-level, m8.

Look here - When EU was being formed countries had to have a certain credit rating. Because with the unified banking the whole EU has a single credit rating.
Goldman Sachs audited Greece and lied about it's credit rating.
Because the Greece politicians were in bed with the IMF.

When Greece got accepted, they used the EU AAA rating and started borrowing more than they ever could repay. When it was apparent that Greece is fucked, other countries were forced to pay and EU was forced to borrow from IMF.

It's not about bad management. Greece was a plan to enslave Europe all along.
>>
>>56037012
There are several issues with your last phrase of "nothing manageable in the end".

Because at the end the money is drained off entire countries in favor of big financial entities. And these entities have power over the politics of these countries as to decide who is at the head of the ministry of economy.
>>
>>56037056
*nothing that isn't manageable in the end
meant to quote that
>>
>mfw half the people posting in the cyber punk general are argentinians
que hacen, manga de topus
>>
>>56038181
de la verga chabon
>>
File: riker likes what he sees.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
riker likes what he sees.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>56030997
>hardcore rave from the 90s
>early 90s EBM/dark industrial
>>
>>56032715
Bio metric cameras are here Holmes in major cities at least. It's called Trapwire and the soup agencies will deny it existence. Turn your Wi-Fi off check your IP adress and run it through who.is (webpage) chances are you are being monitored by DoD DNIC
>>
File: 1469584321455-1.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469584321455-1.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hey, add ainchan.org to your list of resources.
>>
File: muh-lains.jpg (58KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
muh-lains.jpg
58KB, 720x480px
>>56040632

s/dd ain/dd Lain/
>>
>>56040632
>>56040644
How are those friendly weirdos doing? I used to go there all the time, but left shortly after the thing with assholes from 9-1chan raiding it.
>>
>>56040786
>>56040786
Things aren't too bad. The mods have been really trying to clean up some of the bad stuff that came up, but overall, it's pretty nice there.

It's slow moving, of course, but there are some brilliant hackers and lispers hanging out over there in /λ/ and the hacker general at /cyb/
>>
>>56040786
Which board raid them? And why?
>>
Reminder that information is valuable and we should be sharing all we can.
>>
>>56026028
it'll get like that in poor suburbs and third world countries. Minimalistic shit will occur in socially higher places. It's getting there.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.