[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Triple booting or Quad Booting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 18ixq6qyu7aaapng.png (54KB, 636x382px) Image search: [Google]
18ixq6qyu7aaapng.png
54KB, 636x382px
So i was thinking about triple booting with windows 10, os x el capitan, and some linux distro all on the same drive. can you guys link me to a recent guide to help me with this.i was also maybe thinking of adding BSD to make it a quad boot but i dont really think its necessary
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>tfw you don't have autism
>>
>>56022454
> triple or quadruple booting

...why?

I'm assuming it's the same process as dual booting, except with three or four OSes. Should be pretty easy if you know how to dual boot.

BSD is pretty unnecessary and hard to install - if you really want to go for it, but there's not a whole lot of reason aside from the god-tier package manager.
>>
Is your PC too shitty to run your other OSes in VMs?
>>
>>56022490
Thank you, i'm new to more than one operating system stuff so can you link me to a guide please, i know its spoon feeding but all the guides start off with os x and i already have a fuckton of programs on windows so i dont really wanna install mac first
>>
>>56022521
>i'm new to more than one operating system stuff
You should start with dual booting or just give up entirely.
>can you link me to a guide please, i know its spoon feeding
You're going to fuck up, there's no way around it.

The right answer of course is to install Linux and run everything else in VMs with KVM and PCI passthrough, but see above.
>>
>>56023142
alright after looking through some distros linux is pretty fucking stupid for what i want to do so i think i will stick to just mac and windows. also is it that easy to fuck this up im reading through this and it seems very simple http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-install-os-x-el-capitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/
>>
>>56023176
What do you want to do other than triple or quad boot? It sounds like nothing so far.
>>
>>56023216
I want to test out logic and just in general try the mac system
>>
>>56023216
also another thing im wondering if i can ask a few questions about this if thats alright with you, can i just make another partition from my harddrive i run windows on and install it on that
>>
>>56022521
>all the guides start off with os x and i already have a fuckton of programs on windows so i dont really wanna install mac first
For the most part, you "can't" install Mac OS on any hardware other than a Mac. People do it (look for hackintosh guides), but I'm pretty sure officially it's not supposed to be able to work. I don't know how much trouble it is and if it's worth it. But that'd be why the guides you found are like that: they assume you have a Mac and you want to put more OSes on it.
>>
>>56023325
Ah thank you for the response i will still try and if it doesn't work oh well
>>
>>56022454
>windows 10
Kill yourself.
>os x
Go for it if your hardware is compatible. I use it myself and it's pretty good.
>some linux distro
As long as it's not Ubuntu and your hardware works (most does), go for it. If Nvidia's *nix drivers weren't such goddamn shit I'd be using it now instead of having to coax Apple's precious OS into running on my workstation.
>>
>>56023512
i dont enjoy using windows 10 either but oh well and i really dont like ubuntu anyways looks like fucking shit
>>
>>56022454
>>>rEFInd<<<
>>
>>56022454
Just use virtual machines wtf man.
>>
>>56023567
You can change the DE on your linux system, and you can install Lubuntu, Xubuntu, mint, etc for different default desktop environments
>>
Give me 5 good reasons for your quad boot idea and i will do it myself on my test box and post results of distros of your choosing no matter how 1337

I bet you cant, ill also stick a ram module up my ass and post links
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.