[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Vaporware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ibm_watson.png (76KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ibm_watson.png
76KB, 300x300px
ITT: Vaporware
>>
>>56016354

I AM NOT VAPORWARE, IGNORANT HUMAN.
>>
File: theMachine11.jpg (53KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
theMachine11.jpg
53KB, 1080x720px
Anyone remembers this thing? What happened to it?
>>
Google Wave

I still don't know if it was an April Fool's joke or not.
>>
>>56016354
Project Ara
>>
>>56016684
HP couldn't figure out how to mass produce Memristors.

So, it died.
>>
>>56016709
It still exists though, and is even open source now
https://incubator.apache.org/wave/
>>
>>56016709
>>56016730
>tfw Wave was just Slack with extremely bad interface
>>
>>56016684
HP partnered with intel to co develop the optical bus used to connect the memory modules to the board. Intel actually produces the beam splitters and other components used in the system. A couple years ago the news was that intel was having trouble producing enough of them that were actually functioning, and that forced HP to delay the release of their upcoming server platform.

They released their new OS tailored for the memory, but as a stop gap they're using RAMdisks to simulate their Memristors.

>>56016729
They never had any issue producing them, they've made quite a lot of them in fact. They're an incredibly simple structure, and not fabbed on bleeding edge process.
>>
>>
>>56016882
fucking this
>>
>>56016882
They did ship the product though.

Not quite a vaporware, just disappointment.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.