[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple laptop computer system?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hi /g/, should we bomb Pakistan with drones, seems a little harsh.

Anyway, I'm a PhD student in one of the top 5 CS programs in the world. I don't own a rMB but another PhD student does and his research area is in graphics so I would have assumed he'd need access to more powerful resources. He seems happy with the rMB though, so I asked him about his use case to try and understand it (we're too well-funded for him to be stuck with anything that he's not genuinely happy using, the way some people retrospectively justify their mistakes because they don't have any alternatives).

The gist, from what I've seen, is that the rMB has an uncanny valley of appeal. If you've been happy with an iPad but occasionally thought "sometimes I write slightly longer emails and I wish the accessory keyboards weren't such shit", then you're set, this is the device for you.

If you're moderately competent, then this is going to bug the shit out of you. You're just not going to be able to get your shit done with this.
>If you're very competent, then it's not quite the uncanny valley where everyone reaches nirvana, but there's some group of people who just dump all of their work onto remote machines (I mean everything, even editing), in which case the retina Macbook turns into an excellent "thin" client of a machine that's not hooked into Google, has the display resolution scaling that OS X is famously good for, etc...

I'm close to that use case myself, but I'm not there yet. I honestly think I could take the shortcomings if either of the following happened:

- Apple refreshes the rMB with more ports (they did this with the MBA, reaffirming the truism that buying first generation hardware from anyone is a fool's game)

- someone makes a fairly discreet USB battery pack that can charge a rMB at a reasonable speed. I've seen some big hulking packs that would work, but I want something like pic related (this one would barely keep the battery afloat; I want actual positive effect charging).
>>
>>56010122
What's with the way Indians write?
>>
I N S T A L L G E N T O O
N
S
T
A
L
L

G
E
N
T
O
O
>>
Shut the fuck up Rakesh.
जय रामजी की।
Faggot. MC BC.
>>
Bump, I need a fucking answer
>>
>>56010122
>should we bomb Pakistan with drones
pajeet pls, we know it's you, actually we can smell it's you
>>
>>56010743
What are you actually asking kid
>>
>>56010841
don't ever respond to pajeet, at least not seriously, he'll invite his whole family here if he detects a hint of welcome, tell him to fuck off and poo in the loo like he deserves
>>
>>56010861
gotcha

>>56010122
poo in loo
>>
File: 20160810_222911.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px)
20160810_222911.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>56010872
Lel, jokes on you devils, I am as white as the moon no?!

>>56010841
Is it not obvious?

>>56010800
That's no answer cunt

>>56010872
Loo in poo π ahctog :^]
>>
>>56010122
Nuke pak as the fellow pajeet I'm.
Also wtf are you asking?
>>
>>56011083
>>56010952
Fucking retards, simple question
Should I buy a MacBook, or should we bomb Pakistan!?
>>
>>56010952
>>56011137
>>56010743
we should bomb you you stupid piece of fucking shit
go roll around on a D E S I G N A T E D shitting street
disgusting fucking animal.
>>
>>56011137
>Should I buy a MacBook
so you wrote a bigass blog post attempting to come off as an intelligent assbag but all you want is help justifying your consumerist needs

no wonders nobody likes indians
>>
File: M_A_D_M_A_N.jpg (603KB, 1000x750px)
M_A_D_M_A_N.jpg
603KB, 1000x750px
>>56011137
Nuking pak > getting a mac
>>
>>56011083
>should we bomb Pakistan
>>56010122
>Nuke pak as the fellow pajeet I'm.
Fuck, Noam Chomsky was right about the pooinlooers
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.