[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I replace pre-installed W10 with Linux?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (34KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
34KB, 400x371px
>>
Install Gentoo. Seriously. It'll fuck up that Windows 10 real good.
>>
Burn to USB.
Restart computer.
Install.
>>
>>56006544
Download the iso of the linux you want that matches your cpu architecture
Use a tool like rufus to move the iso to the usb
Turn off the computer and on startup boot from the usb
Go through the install menu
>>
I'm lost, why can't you just load from disk and delete the the win10 partition? Help a pleb out, I don't get it.
>>
OH SHIT GOOGLE IS DOWN?
>>
Burn ISO of a Linux distro to a DVD or a USB Flash Drive, pop it into the machine, boot up hit F12 or some shit to go to your boot options (it might not be F12, but should be one of those F keys), boot from DVD or USB (whichever is appropriate), go through the installation process, wipe the entire fucking disk, wait, and then boom, you should have Linux. If it won't boot from the DVD/USB, you may need to go into the BIOS and switch to Legacy Boot instead of Secure Boot.
>>
>burn to CD
>restart
>install
I'm not sure Linux is right for you if you couldn't figure that out
>>
>>56006609
mah to dificlt me eithr
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.