[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of floor cleaning robots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 71VpOVc8+lL._SL1500_[1].jpg (93KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71VpOVc8+lL._SL1500_[1].jpg
93KB, 1500x1500px
What do you think of floor cleaning robots?
>>
I feel like the roombas are way too expensive for the crap job they do. Pretty much a novelty tax
>>
>>56006095
Roombas are cute af, but really only make sense if you live in a small apt or a 1 floor house, as they are expensive. Also, any modern one that requires an internet connection like an "IoT" device are a no-go. 100% Chinese botnet.
>>
Immigrants do a better job
>>
>>56006132

roombas work okay as an assist if your house is really big

my mom has one in her ~6000 sq foot house and she only has to vacuum for real once every two weeks
>>
Are they worth a shit for animal hair?
>>
>>56006183
I'd give mine a solid .82 / 1 shits
It does a good job but you still need to get under the couches and shizzles
>>
>>56006199
Good to know. Thx
>>
>>56006151
this
just make sure to hire one that isnt going to steal everything that isnt nailed to the floor down and bolt
>>
File: turtlebot.jpg (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
turtlebot.jpg
68KB, 1024x768px
>>56006095
They are great little robotics platforms. It is difficult for even researchers to build something as reliable as a cheap robot vacuum.

And holy shit that neato even has a scanning laser range finder.
>>
>>56006095
I have a botvac and used to have an xv21 I gave to my sister. I love them as they work much better than my parents old roomba since they have better suction and capacity. The laser range finder also works much better and they vacuum in straight lines so it looks better in the end.

I got a nice new shark vacuum though so I haven't been using the robot much, need to get around to setting an auto timer. Having it run on its own occasionally definately helps alot and it does a good job but in the long run a good quality normal vacuum still picks up alot more.
>>
>>56006095
>>56006095
>What do you think of floor cleaning robots?

pretty shit tbqhf

Bought a roomba, paid $300, lasted 1.5 yrs before choking and dying, and never did a great job vacuuming

Never again.

I'd rather bust out the vacuum cleaner once a week and do a good job of it
>>
>>56006262
I have a neato in the shop, does it's job pretty well, the charging station is also really nice.
>>
>>56006183
yeah they work pretty well, sometimes they get to be like a special needs kid where you have to save them from being stuck inside of shit.
>>
>>56006095
I have a neato. It's absolute crap. Always bumps on shit and hangs there crying like a little kid.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.