[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC part picker thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: moonman.png (45KB, 648x482px) Image search: [Google]
moonman.png
45KB, 648x482px
I'm going to use a different PSU probably. Going mini-itx for a tiny comfy build. The 480 will be whatever 8gb card is best and cheapest in a month.

Gonna play some BF4 again, shitpost in Hardline, maybe try some VR stuff, and do some video editing.

Thoughts?
>>
Do you REALLY need a k edition processor? I mean really, if you're playing games, you don't need to overclock your processor.With that out of the way get a normal non K processor, ditch the closed loop cooler since you're not overclocking
>>
>>56004816

I'm going to overclock it. 6600 will bottleneck the GPU otherwise
>>
>>56004932

You realize you could buy an i3 and it wont bottleneck the GPU right?
>>
>>56004968

why would I want an i3?

This is a rig I'll use for the next two or three years
>>
>>56005116
You wouldn't want an i3, just stating that a regular i5 6600 won't bottleneck that card
>>
Maybe I'll want the power when I edit video
>>
>>56005181
Whatever excuse you need bud :P
>>
lol

But other than that, no serious issues?
>>
I personally have that exact PSU and it's worked well so far. If you're doing a mini build you could consider a m.2 drive since that mobo supports it. You can get a samsung m.2 drive for near the exact same price and specs as the one you have listed
>>
>>56005384
are you talking about the 950 pro or the 850 evo m.2 drives?

the 950 pro 256GB is over $150, and is 4x pci-e over m.2, the 850 evo is sata over m.2 so it's limited to sata speeds, not pci-e speeds

honestly wait a little while there should be more m.2 drives coming soon, both sata and pci-e

don't get memed into getting one unless you loaded all of your sata ports and either want another sata boot drive, or spring for a pci-e m.2 drive for higher throughput
>>
>>56004489
be warned, i have the z170i pro gaming, it has a red standby led that you can't disable, so get some tint or tape, to black it out
>>
I need to buy a monitor with a built-in stand that can go vertical.

$250 max.

Recommendations?
>>
>>56004968
i3 would bottleneck. Some games like the Witcher 3 and GTAV rape processor and not a single thread but as many threads as you have.
>>
>>56004932
a 6600 won't bottleneck a fucking Titan
>>
Could some kind europ-anon recommend me a relatively cheap >100hz >24inch1440p monitor? Shipping and import fee is pushing the 300$ ones to >400€...
>>
http://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/sDW3Z8

Stupid question: if my mobo only has 1 chassis fan connector, does this mean that I can't have more than 1 fan in my case?
>>
>>56008023
It will bottleneck the Pascal Titan in CPU intensive games.
>>
>>56009157
Use power from your molex/sata headers. There are adaptors for that. They will run at max speed always though. Consider a fan controller if you really care about that
>>
>>56009289
Ok thank you. One more stupid question: do all SSD and HDD Sata III come with SATA cables in their box?
>>
>>56009197
>Source: my ass
>>
Can you even build a good pc for like £400
>>
>>56004489
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.