[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CEH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: elliot.png (238KB, 780x408px) Image search: [Google]
elliot.png
238KB, 780x408px
I'm looking at getting my CEH, i'm not employed by a major IT business that will pay for this course. So i have to self-study or pay for an online course.

Self studying is my main opportunity here, but i can only find V8 CEH videos on Youtube. How they compare to the actual exam is unknown to me.

How did you guys who have the CEH actually get it?
>>
File: swag.png (1MB, 824x655px) Image search: [Google]
swag.png
1MB, 824x655px
Bawmp
>>
>>56004074
CEH is garbage

get a GCIH or OSCP
>>
>>56004517
But how is the main question here.
>>
File: 1464562327183.gif (1MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
1464562327183.gif
1MB, 320x181px
>>
>>56004571
Who the fuck has 5000 dollars to pay for a course from a provider you've never ever heard of?
>>
Fuck it faggots, i'll do the OSCP for 800 dollars. Atleast i can look up reviews for offensive security.
>>
>>56004517
Agree, I hear a lot of great stuff about OSCP. It's cut-throat, but with it you can pretty much find your own vulnerabilities. CEH is focused on using Kali tools to do the work for you
>>
>>56004074
just buy a book you fucking autist
>>
who else osce?
>>
>whitehat certificates
kek
>>
>>56004074

Came in to say do OSCP, see that others already said that.

I start on the 13th, wish me luck /g/.
>>
>>56004960

The OSCP course is literally called 'Penetration Testing with Kali Linux'

The difference is you actually have to do it. CEH is just a written test.

The OSCP is far and away in a league of it's own. Respected by not-just-HR.
>>
>>56005726

And of course there are more differences then that, but that is the main difference: an extremely intensive hands on 24 hour test in a virtual lab environment VS. a multiple choice test. You still use Kali and Kali tools for the OSCP is what I meant, but 'Kali tools' are just pen-testing tools in general, Kali is just a distro that collects them all in one place in an organized way and of course the company that makes Kali is going to use Kali as the distro of choice for it's certification test.

That being said you could technically use whatever distro you wanted, but kali is just the gold standard of pen-testing distros at the moment, for better or worse.
>>
>>56004526
videos are not going to get your there

look at the exam objectives and go read and do labs

monkeys can pass this shit but they still have to study the material

do it for a few thousand hours and you'll be able to go out and get the gist from 90 000ft view videos
>>
>>56005706
RIP this brave anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.