[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend time making meaningful contribution to wikipedia and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: wikipedia.png (39KB, 243x426px) Image search: [Google]
wikipedia.png
39KB, 243x426px
>spend time making meaningful contribution to wikipedia and cite sources for every claim
>5 minutes later
>this edit has been reverted by CptDickFace
>click profile: Wikipedian for ten years ^_^
>my pronouns are them/they
>"3621 Edit Awards" I invented and gave to myself
>>
>>56003779
Nice blog bro, subscribed. j/k this has almost nothing to do with technology, kys.
>>
>>56003898
Wikipedia is a free Internet encyclopedia that allows its users to edit almost any article accessible. Wikipedia is the largest and most popular general reference work on the Internet and is ranked among the ten most popular websites.
>>
>>56003909
>Retarded edit wars and sissy internet slap fights are technology

Ok.
>>
>>56003898
>kys.
I love this new meme. It has a certain...EPIC...feel to it.
>>
>>56003930
it's phonetic, it's a shortened form of kiss, but more of a smooching sound. it means you love the person you're replying to and are kissing them. kys.
>>
>>56003779
pretty much anything more than basic copy-editing (spelling and punctuation corrections and such) gets automatically reverted by some guy who staked out that article as his turf.

it's pretty astonishing anything manages to change there at all anymore
>>
>>56003924
>discussing wikipedia is not technology
Don't you have a desktop thread to be posting in?
>>
Wikipedia is controlled by them so good luck with anything factual. All those articles are bought and paid for of course they're not going to let you change then.
>>
>as faggot as can be
>interested in Islam
wat
>>
I regularly vandalize Canadian tv articles and nobody ever reverts it
>>
Is it a magfag?
>>
>>56003779
Link to article please
>>
>>56004076
/pol/ troll
>>
File: autism.jpg (36KB, 600x309px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
36KB, 600x309px
>>56003779
Keep in mind these are the people who edit wikipedia (pic from a wikipedia meetup)

Literally basement dwelling sperglords who have never left their parents house.

Good luck trying to interact with these subhumans.
>>
>>56004482
>/pol/ troll
Not really. If you look at most of these liberal wymxn groups they mostly universally support Islam for some dumb fuck reason.
>>
Wikipedia is pretty much the death to Information. I've been an Admin for a long time and just left due all these Wars people done in the background to get control over Articles just because to please their stupid Autism instead of getting together and just trying to work it out

Thanks to Wikipedia alot of people just dropped their own personal Webpages to share Information to people, alongside their Experience, Tipps & Tricks
>>
So is wikipedia reliable at all then considering all this behind the scenes shit?
>>
>>56004608
Considering how you'll be laughed out of uni if you reference Wikipedia I would give it a guess and say no
>>
>>56004681
>go to wikipedia
>grab citations
wew, I got laffed out with all those As.
>>
>>56003832
What the actual fuck
>>
>>56004608
it largely is, in spite of all this crap. At the very least its no worse than most dead-tree encyclopedias, while having far more content.

>>56004681
this is an example of the universities trying to do something worthwhile but then shooting themselves in the foot.

They want to prepare you for having to study subjects where you can't find much if any information about them on wikipedia. or even necessarily on google. This happens as soon as you get into journals and various kinds of scholarly research. They also ideally want to teach you to think about how credible various sources are or are not.

They then try to teach these concepts to undergraduate students by assigning them papers on simple, general topics where wikipedia is generally both accurate and comprehensive, and enforcing a rule that wikipedia isn't an allowed source. This ends up teaching the wrong lesson to most students.
>>
>>56004608
It's worthwhile when it's not something political
>>
>>56004520
/pol/ has contacted an ancient god so their memes can transverse the fabric of space-time and appear as real people, but is all trolls none the less
>>
>>56004520
because they think it's an "underdog" or "oppressed" religion.

because if you oppress yourself it still counts as oppression?
>>
>>56005913
Q: What is Zoroastrianism?

A: The most oppressed religion in the world, and doesn't encourage the killing of innocents. They also have fashionable beards.

idk why hipsters aren't supporting ZA tbth.
>>
>>56005864
>implying tech articles are not filled of interjections

this is a regular wikipedia page:
"A is A. Actually is B. No, its A. Nope, its B. Though non-retarded people agree is C. Fuck you, the idea that A is C is for sub-humans. No, fuck you both, you are worse than my parents. Ive heard its actually D"
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.