[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Networking General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: CCNP LAB.jpg (881KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CCNP LAB.jpg
881KB, 1536x2048px
/Networking General/
Study Room Edition
Currently Watching: CCNP Route EIGRP Videos on INE
https://rabb.it/fritoStudy

Feel free to join / ask questions
>>
>real gear lab for ccnp
but why? especially the route exam. maybe for the switch. but unetlab, gns3, and even packet tracer will get you through the route exam
>>
>>56005223
Some people are actually interested in networking and got all this gear at work or its their hobby
>>
>>56006099
yup, not op but gear is sexy and work is always decommissioning half decent garbage
>>
>>56003195
how do you stay focused and not just masturbate or shitpost on 4ch.... wait nevermind
>>
>>56006099
>having the gear sit in your house wasting power makes it any different from a hobbyist pov
you are always going to just ssh/console into it.
there is no difference of actually have the equipment or using a virtual lab. except youre usually much more limited in a real lab. are these people enjoying moving the cables around?

and i actually have an impressive physical lab. but the stuff i have is difficult to emulate.
>>
>>56006181

it's just to throw a fleshlight on a have sex with

stop judging

i still have fun cannibalizing them too but i think im just addicted to the lead and other carcinogens
>>
>>56006181
>impressive physical lab
pls
>>
I'm debugging IPsec between EdgeRouters, the tunnels seem to be flapping randomly.
It's less than a minute, and BGP doesn't even time out, but it is noticable when using it.
The weird thing is, one router is more stable, but the five other routers have the same issue.
We only started noticing it since one of the anycast DNS servers was down for maintenance.
>>
File: WP_20160810_14_17_31_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160810_14_17_31_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3552x2000px
This is my little homelab for ccnp r&s, wireless and security. From left to right:
Dell force10 s25n
Cisco 3845
2x Cisco 2821
2x Cisco 3560 24port and 48port poe
Cisco 3560g
Access server that does not work yet
My dual 2670 rig with 80gb of memory
I also have a shitty H3C router that I bought for 20 euro. For my wireless I run a vWLC with a 3602i and 1240ag, I also used to have 9 1131ag's but I sold those.
>>
>>56003195
So I'm new to networking...
>tfw i wasted my time in high school (recently graduated)
>tfw slowly starting to realize I don't want to become a NEET
What are your thoughts on the CCNA cert vs the Network+ cert?
>>
>>56011056
I know that the piece of paper that says CCNA is worth shit seeing as any idiot can obtain a CCNA. But in my opinion if you acutally practice and become good at Cisco you have more valuable knowledge then a comptia seeing as you learnt to apply your knowledge to a device and the knowedge of Cisco equipment you can apply to a lot of other vendors out there, while comptia discusses a lot about concepts of things from what I can see.
>>
>>56010038

so where is the actual security part of it?
>>
>>56006222
>>56006099

This just waste of space and electricity. This is from someone who bought few L3 switches and a router for the CCNP exams -- 99% of my labs were on GNS3 anyways just cause it was easier to construct topologies with a click of a mouse.

I understand where network geeks fetishize (sic?) hardware and get certain feel of accomplishment putting square peg in square hole, but in reality for CCNP exams its practically worthless, aside from maybe STP labs, but even then you can get free labs online where you can play with someone elses gear.
>>
>>56011979
Still waiting for a good deal on an ASA. Not really planning on spending 100+ euro's on a basic ASA firewall, might just virtualise it at one point.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.