[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my ISP gave me a warning about copyright infringement. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 227x222px
So my ISP gave me a warning about copyright infringement. How paranoid should I be from now on?
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>55989011
no worries. about all they can do is cut your service. i'm betting they're not the only ISP in town.
>>
File: 1470327067582.jpg (36KB, 655x685px) Image search: [Google]
1470327067582.jpg
36KB, 655x685px
>>55989011
oops. you're screwed now. they are gonna be watching your connection like a hawk.
>>
>>55989011
Use a better proxy service, assuming you were using one in the first place. The way it typically works is the owner of the product you pirated has to complain to your isp, so you made a mistake somewhere. Don't quote me on that though. Look up your isp's pirating policy to be sure.
>>
generally speaking they don't want to lose paying customers, you'd have to get caught 3+ times for them to bother to cut you off.
>>
They do that shit all the time. Just cut it out for a month or two, and they'll forget to keep an eye on you eventually. I've had these notices sent to me all the time, they're rarely enforced if you're not a retard about it.
>>
File: 1451884657080.png (9KB, 429x431px) Image search: [Google]
1451884657080.png
9KB, 429x431px
>>55989497
It's more to protect their asses in a lawsuit if you get caught torrenting using their services anyways. But don't be a dumb cunt about it.
>>
Use a seedbox OP

Everything is so much easier now
>>
>>55989011
Ur fucked man. You'll probably be vanned this very evening.
>>
they used to do nothing but then it looks like they're in on it so they send you emails now. Actually not a bad solution tb.h, when you consider that you could actually get into legal trouble for copyright stuff
>>
>>55989011
Damn we are in 2016 and there are people that are still pirating shits from internet without being in jail directly! That's insanely bad for big companies.
I know Europe doesn't care about it because terrorism.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.