[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some cool tech related tv shows/series? I've watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: halt-catch-fire.jpg (209KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
halt-catch-fire.jpg
209KB, 1296x730px
What are some cool tech related tv shows/series?
I've watched Mr Robot, Silicon Valley and Halt and catch fire

My favourite one is Halt and catch fire
>>
I actually watched that show for a while. Gordon is sexy in a neckbeard way
>>
i fucking love it. i wish there was more than 2 seasons. i was so.mad when i finished it and realized it was actually over: (
>>
>>55989120
none of the mentioned shows are over,

season 3 of halt and catch fire airs this month.

i was kinda surprised it got a 3rd season as season 2 was a little less focused than season 1. i fully prepared myself for that to be the end of the show. everything from here out is bonus as far as im concerned.
>>
Big Bang Theory
Sheldon is such a nerd like me xD
Bazooper!
>>
>>55988901
Halt and catch fire would be god-tier television if it werent for the forced feminist memes
>>
>>55988901
>halt-catch-fire.jpg
This pleases my neck and sweater fetishes.
Post more.
>>
>>55989212
feminist memes???
what
>>55989213
watch the series
or just search images on google thats where i got it from
>>
File: 1467792046386.gif (3MB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
1467792046386.gif
3MB, 480x268px
>>
So... is anyone going to answer my question?
>>
File: shot0022.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0022.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
Profit is more business-related than anything, but it has some delicious corny pseudo-futuristic 90s tech, I love it

Consider The IT Crowd, first season has the master Chris Morris.
>>
>>55989248
is that a boy?
>>
>>55989874
IT crowd is a fucking classic. i actually really liked the character matt berry played. it was hard to fill the shoes of chris morris, but i feel like douglas was a great character and he was obviously more available than morris/reynholm was.
>>
>>55989977
Berry always does a good job. The writing for his character got kind of lazy towards the end, but his performances are always top notch.
>>
>>55988901
too bad the show is more about the tall faggot and how he got his ass blasted because his mom was a crazy bitch than technology.
>>
>>55990100
Who was his mom, again?
>>
>>55988901
>Halt and catch fire
Thanks for the recommendation, I've been looking around for shows like this. Gonna start watching it today.
>>
>>55988901
The second season of mr robot was total shit, super boring
>>
>>55988901
Halt and Catch Fire is a really cheap version of Mad Men with personal computers instead of advertising. The people who wrote HaCF obviously were not alive in the 80s and have no idea what people looked like in the 80s so to make it look retro they had everyone dress in early 60s Leave it to Beaver clothes like Mad Men. They got the technology all wrong, they talk about the internet way before the internet was available to the public. They did not capture the nerd culture that was all about computing then and made it look mainstream. Its just a stupid show to watch.
>>
>>55988901
Halt and catch fire is not a good show.
>>
>>55989903
does it matter?
>>
>>55990940
Maybe they should have consulted you before putting the show together instead of just winging it
>>
Stor Truck: doip spiec noine
>>
>>55991008
not me, I wasnt into computers back then, but seriously I wish they had consulted people who did work in software back then, those were heady days, I love reading stories and watching documentaries about the computer industry back then
>>
>>55991053
Have you actually watched the show or just a few clips and promo shots? The bulk of the S1 is about the main guy building the Giant, the hax0r grill sidestory is just that, a sidestory. It's an HBO show, of course they did their homework. There may be some inaccuracies, but overall the show is everything one could expect from a shot about such subject.
>>
>>55989146
WAIT REALLY?
>>
>>55991083
FYI, Halt and Catch Fire is an AMC show.
>>
>>55991137
Shit you're right
>>
>>55990705
What do you mean anon? You don't like Elliot struggling with his inner demons and literally no plot advancement for 4 episodes straight?
>>
>>55990705
This
>>
>>55991123
yes really.

season 2 is decent, but starts a little scattered. no idea what they have planned for season 3. it almost seems like they were as surprised as i was that it got a season 3.
>>
>>55991161
>it almost seems like they were as surprised
They most certainly were, nobody expected a third season. I'm glad though, they have nothing to lose.
>>
>>55991152
ehhh, i feel like rami malek really does carry the show. im only a few eps into season 2, and i like that they are giving portia whatsherface a more complex character, and i like where craig robertsons character is going.

to pretend that season 1 was not character driven is a bit misguided. it had a plot, and yes it did propel the narrative, but it was all based in the character drama. then the "big reveal" at the end, its only logical that season 2 would spend a lot of time on characters and not on plot. not to mention the show kinda blew its conceptual load with season 1, considering the operation was a success. i dont think esmail knew what he had going and may not have really planned far enough out, plot-wise.

>>55991173
yeah thats how i feel. s2 was weaker than s1, but still decent. they have a lot of options for plot. as mentioned, i feel like anything past this point is bonus material.

ive read enough articles where they draw comparisons to breaking bad and madmen not being "successful" or catching on until a few seasons in... but whatever, ill take what i can get.
>>
Halt and Catch Fire is like a workplace drama where the workplace happens to be the tech industry at a time when things were somewhat formative. the technology isn't an engine for the plot as much as it is with Mr Robot, so /g/ probably finds it too touchy feely (i'm just guessing, haven't read the thread yet).

Mr Robot felt a little like it was trying to be Dexter with the tryhard edginess (this was in the first half of a the first season; if his character realizes that his nihilistic outlook on the world is just slightly too "teenager-angst" for an adult to have, someone let me know and i'll finish the season). i suspect a lot of /g/ didn't get put off by that "trying too hard" vibe, and gravitated toward him a lot. this is something i don't try to make sense of people on /g/; if you're into that, that's great - 41 to 60 minutes of entertainment per week for you.

Silicon Valley is just this campy satire on the actual silicon valley. i live in silicon valley and a lot of it is on the nose. i've talked to some people here who hate the culture of real world silicon valley and for some reason it just aggravates them to see satire of something they hate. something tells me they're not coping with things that frustrate them in a healthy way. the only other demographic that i've seen that hasn't liked the show seem to be people who have never lived in or interacted with people from the bay area (specifically working in tech).
>>
>>55991239
the first half of s1 of mr robot does lay it on pretty thick.

by the second half it evens out. i say watch the rest. - the first 3 episdoes at least are basically just selling the concept, so its a little overbearing.
>>
>>55991161
Season 2 started weird but ended pretty well. This transition from Texas to California made things fresh, I wish they slow down and develop the characters more, and last till season 5.
>>
>>55988901
it crowd
>>
>>55991252
thanks. i was worried with my overview someone would be like "UR A FGT MR ROBOT IS SO KEWL", partly because that sort of response is what i've come to expect from some of the more frothing fans (although that's probably true of SV as well)
>>
>>55991262
yeah, they can do a lot with the characters they have. as far as plot they have a ton of wiggle room.

id like to see it get as complex as something like BB or madmen and have a nice long run, but im not holding my breath.

the actors and actresses are all bringing it to the table though, so their performances have been great. i was pleasantly surprised to see scoot mcnairy's name in the opening sequence of BvS (even though its a small role). and mackenzie davis has had like one or two really small roles. i hope to see them both in some more stuff.

didnt realize until much later that lee pace was the elven king in the hobbit movies (i dont think he was in LotR, but maybe there too?). and he was ronan in guardians of the galaxy. slightly larger roles, but i think he has a bit more notoriety to begin with.

>>55991284
yeah there will definitely be a subset of people who are attracted to and identify with the edge factor. for me that was a bit jarring at first. i really liked the concept, but i would wince at some of the more ham-fisted ideas or lines of dialogue/monologue. but after about half the season passes it hits its stride and stops trying so hard. it still has moments, but nothing like those first few episodes.

and i feel like it does the tech some justice. SV has a few moments where they just toss jargon around cause they can... and i feel like that passes less than some of the stuff in MrR, because while the situations are more outlandish, they do go out of their way to show real stuff and plausible uses for it.
>>
>>55991321
Lee Pace gives me boner. No homo. His role have an amazing passion on it, it amazes me. Makenzie Davis look so natural on the role, it is like shes real, not a character and Mcnairy have a strong grip, he know what he do there.
>>
Technology done right is fucking boring
>>
>>55991321
yep. okay, you seem like a reasonable human being. if it didn't drive you nuts, then i'll trust that it didn't go overboard by the end of the season and give it a real shot through to the end.
>>
>>55989179
Kys
>>
>>55991993
did you honest to god not get the joke or are you objecting to people making jokes?
>>
>>55989179
Big bang theory isn't airing atm though.
>>
>>55991239
>trying too hard

Exact reason I never made it past episode 3
>>
>>55992126
yeah but someone later seemed reasonable and said it got better. i'll probably give it a shot later this week
>>
>>55992131
I'm running out of things to binge watch so I'll probably give it another shot in the future as well. I mean there was a season 2 so it cant be that bad
>>
>>55992144
i mean the bazinga show had like, what, 5 seasons? so longevity doesn't guarantee quality, but yeah all the hype around it (even off of 4chan) would be hard to explain if it was honestly quite bad (unless everyone was taking crazy pills except you and me)
>>
File: 1444310810670.jpg (302KB, 1080x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1444310810670.jpg
302KB, 1080x1092px
>>55991083
>Have you actually watched the show or just a few clips and promo shots?
>It's an HBO show (It isn't)
>BTFO
>>
>>55989179
My sides
>>
>>55988901
>What are some cool tech related tv shows/series?
>I've watched Mr Robot, Silicon Valley and Halt and catch fire
>My favourite one is Halt and catch fire
That show is mostly drama and romance.
>>
>>55992164
Well I actually have an unpopular oppinion that is that I actually like the big bang theory. Fyi big bang theory has like nine seasons.

But its not a tech show its a drama comedy. Kinda like friends was.
>>
>>55988901
>no one mentions person of intrest
>>
>>55994388

Criminally underrated.
>>
I like big brother
>>
File: 1470646965790.png (621KB, 976x490px) Image search: [Google]
1470646965790.png
621KB, 976x490px
>>55989179
>>
>>55988901
Love Live! Sunshine!!
>>
I like k-on!
>>
>>55994538
8.5 on IMDb, 90% on RT, and averages like 10 million viewers
>>
>>55989179
>Bazopper

Lmfao
>>
>>55990940
this is actually correct but I would add that even moreso than Mr. Robot H&CF is really only good for 1 or 2 episodes.

They rip-off the idea of ripping-off the IBM PC, and it shows how they did it, and then the rest of the show is a big fat zero
>>
>>55994575
but I still live with my mother because respecting your parents is a sign of a weak beta male cuckold behavior as well as being a walking talking joke of a human being

*laugh track*
>>
A h&cf episode just came out today
>>
File: the-lone-gunmen-x-files.jpg (220KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
the-lone-gunmen-x-files.jpg
220KB, 1500x1000px
>they don't watch the only tech show that mattered
>>
File: tumblr_mzygrr209M1tognpro1_1280.png (1011KB, 1101x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzygrr209M1tognpro1_1280.png
1011KB, 1101x604px
>>55996933
It's even got lisp pseudocode.
>>
>>55994575
Ip
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.