[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Ballmer Peak real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ballmer_peak.png (91KB, 652x592px) Image search: [Google]
ballmer_peak.png
91KB, 652x592px
Is the Ballmer Peak real?
>>
I just got my dick succ, and my balls suck
>>
So is a BAC of 0.14% say... like 3 glasses of wine?? Because I've had 3 already
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-08-30-21-51-47.png (107KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-08-30-21-51-47.png
107KB, 720x1280px
Maybe I zuk ur dik
>>
Other anons said they have experienced it before, i was drunk a whole summer and I made a programmable synthesizer.
>>
>>55988264
Wow, imagaine what you could've done sober
>>
>>55988232
>getting drunk
literally degeneracy
>>
>>55988288
Degeneracy is a subjective term.
>>
>>55988276
Yep, I know, I've been sober a whole year now and haven't made anything that complex, but I have my shit together like never before. The synthesizer was a web application, i also made a user tracking system and homepage etc... There were times when I had to sit 1 inch from the screen let my eyes focus then try to see what I was typing, then make maybe 1 line of code of progress then pass out.
>>
File: 139969298698.jpg (250KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
139969298698.jpg
250KB, 1920x1200px
>>55988318
>measuring progress in lines of code
>>
no, not with alcohol, but I will say 12-2 am is like peak time because you're tired enough to ignore distractions, but not tired enough to think critically
>>
>>55988493
Yeah thinking critically really kills any work I'm doing.
>>
>>55988232
Yes, it is real, but pay close attention to the Y-axis. There is no units. This is a very "zoomed-in" view of the effect. If you want real productivity, you should smoke. Nothing puts the blinders on like some good sticky weed.
>>
>>55988232
yeah, a beer or two will keep me more focused than not.

any more than that and I'm back to normal levels of productivity, and then a steep decline from there
>>
i find the best way to get into the right frame of mind for coding is chase a fat rail of mashed up heart attack pills down with a couple whip-its; booze is more of a thing for vidyagame time.
>>
File: 1386051706873.jpg (870KB, 986x1369px) Image search: [Google]
1386051706873.jpg
870KB, 986x1369px
>>55988288
If we were in ancient Rome I'd crucify you for such slanderous words against gods gift of Wine and spirits plebeian.
>>
>>55988232
http://observer.com/2012/04/bottoms-up-the-ballmer-peak-is-real-study-says/
>>
>>55988232
I haven't touched alcohol my whole life, how much should I drink to reach 0.1337% to test this out and see if it is for me?

Will I get drunk?
>>
This seems to be true of a lot of things. Im better at billiards, online fps, and fucking with just the right amount of alcohol. But if i overshoot it i get significantly worse at everything.
>>
>>55988462
That's the best metric.

Semi related, ever seen code that looks like this?
/* Hello World program */

#include<stdio.h>
#include<strings.h>

main()
{

string hello = "hello";

string world = "world";

string comma = ","

string space = " "

string exclamation = "!"

printf("%s%s%s%s%s",
hello,
comma,
space,
world,
exclamation;

}

If so, you're welcome.
>>
>>55990772
About 5 beer cans I think for an average bodied adult male
>>
I believe it's a joke on how there's a certain point on your drunken path where you're both aware and infused with the drunken stupor, so you deliver drunken yet coherent wisdom. It has nothing to do with programming specifically.
>>
>>55988232
>>55990795
This.

For me it's 1<=2 drinks before I go down hill, with a small peak at 4 (that's still below start).
>>
>>55988259
App?
>>
>>55988232
Booze/etc is nice to get me loose and think more abstract/creatively and stuff; but when i got to do critical stuff I'm gonna be sober so i cam focus properly.
>>
It's not true, every time I program drunk I write a lot and feel like a genius, but when I take a look at the work the next morning it's revealed that what I implemented literally does nothing except print something in a fancy way.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.