[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese SoC vendors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: O0P5uKQk.png (7KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
O0P5uKQk.png
7KB, 402x402px
If MediaTek is cancer, what's a good SoC vendor?

AllWinner, Rockchip, Actions, Ingenic (mostly MIPS)?

Huawei/HiSilicon doesn't count since they rarely ever sells to single-board computer (SBC) manufacturers.
>>
>>55986362
Who said MediaTek was cancer?
MediaTek chips are sweet, what the hell are you on about?
>>
>>55986362
They're all bottom of the barrel CPUs you won't find outside of the cheapest chinkshit.
>>
>>55986683
closed source, can't run any custom ROMs
>>
>>55986683
Name a good phone with mediatek
>>
Mediatek's been better recently. Ever since they began making 64 bit processors they've been decent.

Android can run well on a Snapdragon 400, or even a 200 if you're okay with compromises. it's not hard to beat that.

There's little to no custom rom support, but you can root and use Xposed for many of the good custom ROM features anyways.

They used to be bottom of the barrel trash, don't bother with the 6572 or 6582, and god forbid anything older, but the experience of a good phone is homogenizing as shitty displays, OS optimization and audio chips get phased out and improved upon. Even corner stores sell passable android phones.
>>
>>55987769
Anything by Meizu or Xiaomi
>>
Wait this isn't /csg/
>>
>>55986683

Enjoy you no drivers, mediafag!
>>
If you're looking for single board Linux PC's go for allwinner it seems to be where most of the dev time is if you don't go for Rasbperry Pi
>>
Ingenic is based.
Rest are gay.
>>
>>55987769
oukitel k10000, k4000 pro, letv le 1, leagoo elite 5, leagoo shark 1, lenovo k3 note. and a few meizu and xiaomi phones.
>>
>>55987769
Moto G.
>>
>>55986736
Wileyfox phones run Cyanogen OS, candy ass.
>>
>>55991354
CyanogenOS != Cyanogenmod you retard.
CyanogenOS is to Cyanogenmod like Android is to AOSP
>>
>>55986362
>Huawei/HiSilicon doesn't count since they rarely ever sells to single-board computer (SBC) manufacturers.
Look up LeMaker Hikey
>>
Helio chips are evolving
>>
I got an Allwinner H3 on my Orange Pi PC and it works fine. 45°C idle with no heatsink. Ask me anything.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.