[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8 pin gpu connector substituted for the 8 Pin cpu modular connectors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 20131128_220528__80567_zoom.jpg (141KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20131128_220528__80567_zoom.jpg
141KB, 1280x1280px
I have a 1200 watt power supply and unfortunately, I lost the modular cable for the 8 pin gpu connection. Is it ok to use the 8pin CPU connector if I plug that into the 8pin gpu slot on the power supply? It should work right? all the current flow should be the same I'm assuming...
>>
>>55983602
Try it and post results
>>
>>55983602
Plz try, film results
>>
>>55983620
>>55983642
it should work in theory right? the cables would be connected in the correct spots on the psu and gpu... im just a little nervous that i might be missing something
>>
>>55983711
Ye should work, don't forget to post results
>>
>>55983602
no one was autistic enough to try it before that u know of so you can go ahead and film it then post the results :^)
>>
I would also say to do it, but as i'm a retard that belives in karma, don't do it op, the pin cables connect in different places, see

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33928077

Here a guy modded it, basically you need to invert the 12v cables and leave the 4th one as ground instead (the guy there made a bridge between 4th and 8th ground pin), but do it at your own risk
>>
>>55984054
>http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33928077
wouldnt they become 12 volt rails if its connected to the same spot on the psu that puts out the correct rails anyway? i mean they are just copper wires i cant see why you would mod the cable
>>
>>55983602
if you an afford a modular 1200W psu, you can afford to pay the cable jew for their magic cable. jerry rig this and you'll have a very exciting computer.
>>
>>55983602

Plz verify the voltages on the connector with a multimeter.
>>
Film it op and send it to linus so maybe you can be on his show
>>
>>55984321
>exciting
Kek
>>
cpu 8pin has 4 power 4 ground 8pin gpu has 3 power 5 grounds

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/difference-between-cpu-8-pin-and-gpu-8-pin.157117/

Don't be stuck on stupid
>>
File: pcie_plugs.jpg (60KB, 518x613px) Image search: [Google]
pcie_plugs.jpg
60KB, 518x613px
>>55985455
here is the image from the thread
>>
>>55985481
>>55985455
Im also going to add it wont even fit, all modern pc atx cables have fail safe design that wont allow you to just "fit whatever looks the same"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.