[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Onboard graphics for gaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Question Block.gif (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Question Block.gif
11KB, 240x240px
Is there any onboard graphics card sufficient for modern gaming (not like max graphics FPS games, but other stuff) or do you basically need a discrete graphics card? Also, is there a way to get better graphics cards for cheap or should I just accept that I'm going to have to spend several hundred dollars on one?
>>
Maybe you should stop caring about games
>>
>>55979435
You can run most source games (cs:go, portal, half life etc) on integrated graphics. Starcraft II also worked pretty well at low settings on my shitty dell laptop before i built a PC.

And ignore intel's branding, there's very little difference between different types of IG - Iris Pro is basically the same everywhere and is relative to the overall power of your cpu but even if you have a top of the line i7 you still won't be able to run anything other than very minimum spec games. So, yes, a dedigated GPU is basically essential for anything complex.

Also anything lower than a 700-series will basically be a waste of money since it won't be much of a step up from modern IG. If you're low on funds look at the RX480, it's a pretty great card for $200 (and I say that as a GTX980 owner)
>>
>>55979435
Also there's the standard "/g/ is not your personal tech support or consumer review website" tagline, unless you're contributing content (as opposed to asking questions) please don't make a new thread, there's a QDDTOT thread for exactly this purpose.
>>
>>55979447
But that's what I plan on using the computer mostly for. What kind of a comment is this?

>Starcraft II also worked pretty well at low settings
I should clarify, I want to not have to turn down settings to lowest too.

>dedigated
Lel also that's pretty much what I thought. Is there any prediction or hope that integrated graphics will ever be sufficient for this sort of thing?

>Also anything lower than a 700-series will basically be a waste of money since it won't be much of a step up from modern IG
That I've noticed. I bought a super low-end graphics card and found out it was choppier than the integrated graphics on my hand-me-down 2007ish computer. Fortunately I got almost a full refund, so overall a good experiment.

>If you're low on funds
I'm really not, I just don't want to be wasteful when building a new computer for gaming and browsing and stuff.

Additional question: I tend to have A LOT of browser tabs open (often over 100 for research - I tend to heavily multitask) and I want to know what I have to focus on to help that not chug as it does now. Should I focus on CPU? Memory? What is best?

>>55979511
Yes, this is the exact sort of bullshit that makes /g/ and all other blue boards mostly a circlejerk of cancer. I will never for the life of me grasp who thought or why that asking questions was a really terrible thing.
>>
On board graphics have come a long way.

Amd offers a pretty decent desktop APU, the a10-7890k that can do most games 1080p on low to med settings 30+fps.

As for Intel, they have some nice ones for laptops/tablets.

I used a surface pro 2 with a hd 4600, I can play csgo, diablo 3 and even wow just fine at 720p, med effects with 30+fps on a tablet....
>>
>>55980026
You're playing Diablo 3 on a tablet??
>>
>>55980508
Yes, on my $300 surface pro 2 with an i5/hd4600
>>
>>55979435
AMD has some pretty good APU's, at least compared to intel.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.