[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux Distros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Beta orbiter Queen.jpg (32KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
Beta orbiter Queen.jpg
32KB, 531x800px
>Nixie Pixel recommends Linux Mint for newbies looking for their first distro
>go to /g/
>/g/ tells me ubuntu and debian are better
Great memes guys.
>>
nixie is dirty slut ho
>>
>listening to a female
that's how it all goes down
>>
>>55978618
I feel all tingly in muh pant region all of a sudden
>>55978623
>I could never touch a grill: the post
>>
I can't speak for Ubuntu, but Debian is better. Generally newbies use Mint first, and once they get used to it they go to Debian. If you install Debian with the netinst ISO, you start with far less garbage than with Mint.
>>
Nixie Pixel doesn't know shit. She doesn't even run Linux.
>>
Install openBSD and get it working solely through the man pages.
>>
>>55978636
>I will never touch anything I own: the post
>>
>the "appeal to authority" argument
>>
She's still sick
>>
>>55978606
arch is better
>>
File: 1444696613523.png (38KB, 789x872px) Image search: [Google]
1444696613523.png
38KB, 789x872px
Ya'll need some more TempleOS desu senpai.
>>
>>55978637
thats kind of what im doing, installed mint a few weeks ago just to get used to it, never used linux before
>>
>>55978606
>Mint, Ubuntu, Debian.
What a huge fucking difference
>>
>>55978732
what's wrong?
>>
>>55979091
Some unknown disease, she has to take test all the time now.
>>
You could always go Centos
>>
>>55978606
They are basically the same faggot
>>
File: debian.png (59KB, 775x1024px) Image search: [Google]
debian.png
59KB, 775x1024px
>>55978606
Debian/Ubuntu/Mint are good as first distros because they're very widely used, meaning more applications are available, and support is easy to find.

Use Debian if you care about FOSS, and use Ubuntu/Mint otherwise.

>>55979035
Mint is based on Ubuntu which is based on Debian Sid AKA the unstable branch. They are more or less the same, but Ubuntu is Debian++ and Mint is Ubuntu++. It might work better out of the box, but now you have tons of shit tacked on and it's probably less stable than you might think.
>>
>>55979736
>probably less stable
true dat, mane
http://www.neowin.net/news/firefox-48-update-on-linux-mint-nukes-search-functionality

fuck mint and every faggot promoting it
>>
>mint
Sure, if you don't like the security and stability of other distros. Basically, welcome back to windows.
>>
File: this big.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this big.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
>>55978677
>I will never touch anything I own: the post
So I won't fap according to you? GG senpai I fap
5-10 times a week.
>>55979736
>FOSS
yeah I don't care
>>55979935
I'll use Mint. Hipster contrarianism isn't good enough reason not too.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.