[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, does it happen to you that you want to program but you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: a.png (49KB, 798x502px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
49KB, 798x502px
Hi /g/, does it happen to you that you want to program but you don't come up with any idea? How can find something to program? What do you do?
>>
>>55977980
Come up with an idea you uncreative shit.
>>
>>55978022
So, how can i be creative?
>>
I've got the opposite problem: I have two personal projects and a collaborative one, as well as ideas for another half a dozen of personal projects, but I need to code so much for uni and work that at the end of the day I just want to turn off my brain and watch braindead anime.
>>
>>55977980
How about automating a task you'd normally do manually?
>>
>>55977980
same problem OP. love programming, but never think of any ideas to actually program because i'm retarded. need help
>>
I like coding in principle, but using all these ephemeral libraries and toolkits and compilers and junk feels like a waste of time.
>>
>>55978910
This, except for the subhuman weeb trash.
>>
>>55979460
And that is why you only do projects where you learn actual, interesting algorithms and not another meme of the week language or framework.
>>
It's like saying you like having a hammer and saw and other tools but you have no idea what to do with them.

Most people who learned programming learned it because they wanted to build stuff, find solutions to things, control a device attached to their computer, etc. If you don't actually have any need to program anything and cannot artificially create a need to program, then why program? Figure out how to use programming for something you're interested in, to make that something even more interesting.
>>
>>55977980
>Hi /g/, does it happen to you that you want to program but you don't come up with any idea? How can find something to program? What do you do?

I keep an idea folder full of markdown documents for whenever I want to do something new. Now I never do, since I'm always full of shit to do.
>>
>>55977980
hire an idea guy
>>
>>55978069
Just try to think creatively.
>>
>>55978069
Smoke some dank bud, bud
>>
>>55977980

You need to manage your time. Just create something.
>>
File: 2n1IBkC.png (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2n1IBkC.png
305KB, 1920x1080px
salut mec, tiens si t'as pas d'idée y'a sa
>>
>>55977980
if your field is security there are plenty that the standard tools that come on kali can't do, be creative
>>
Necessaty is the mothet of invention while the father is opiate withdrawal
>>
>>55983630
HUR BAGUETTE
>>
>>55979285
shitposting on /g/?
>>
>>55983961
you can't there is reCAPTCHA ://
>>
>>55977980
1. install BSD or GNU/Linux
2. find thing you want to do
3. do it

I'm working on Rust+Wayland GUI shit I hope pushes both Qt and GTK into garbage bin of history.

Second project is simple image classifier that pretty accurately manages to separate anime pictures from rest. Just k-nearest and some Guile.
>>
Why dont you program a replacement for X11? That will occupy your time and produce something useful
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.