[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0091.jpg (98KB, 576x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.jpg
98KB, 576x382px
I want to build a gaming PC, and my budget will be anywhere from $300-$1200 assuming my budget is $850, what's the best full build (including case, power supply, etc. not talking about just a GPU and memory card. Thanks.
>>
With that kinda money you could buy an intel i5 K model along with a custom fan, check out the hyper 212 evo. AMD are releasing their Zen processors later on this year if you want to wait for those. New graphics cards were released recently, do you like AMD or Nvidia? RX 480 is the best you can get from AMD, and it's at a rather cheap price. I'm not sure what the nvidia equivalent is, maybe 1070 or 1060.

Case/motherboard/ram depends on your preferences, do you want to run loads of programs at once? want to have lots of PCI/SATA slots? full tower or small case? It's up to you. read the wiki for recommendations on power supplies and peripherals:

https://wiki.installgentoo.com
>>
>>55974950
Don't listen to that fagg above me. 212 evo is a meme and you can buy much better coolers in that price range. Your options for a CPU are Intel i5s or maybe Zen chips later on this year. GPUs are RX480 from AMD - cheap and good in DX12/Vulkan, 1060 from Nvidia - more expensive but slightly faster and runs cooler than AMD. There are no mid or high tier AMD cards yet so if you need more performance your only options are 1070 or 1080. Buy an SSD.
That's pretty much all I had to say, now go to logicalincrements.com and pick your build by price.
>>
>>55975577
you can get a 212 for $20 with a rebate every so often on newegg, that's pretty damn good.
>>
1060 or Rx480, i5-6600, cheapest skylake motherboard, sata ssd, 8gb ram should serve you wonderfully
>>
>>55974950
>i5 6600K
>evo 212
>any Z170 mid atx board you like
>any mid atx case you like
>wait until you're not paying full price for a mouse/KB
>16 GB DDR4
>650W ish power supply
>2 GB HDD / SSD
>amd or nvidia GPU and respective monitor depending on desired resolution/framerate.
>>
>>55975606
Ye cause OP is gonna wait with his build to get a rebate or some promo code. 212 costs 30$ and at this price point there are better options to choose from.
>>
>>55975638
oh and get some arctic silver 5 if you do get the K

it doesn't come with any and you need it.
>>
>>55975649
It's not terrible by any means IMO, would like to know that else is out there besides expensive meme sinks though.
>>
File: Untitled.png (113KB, 1863x530px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
113KB, 1863x530px
>>55974950
Pick your preferred price.
>>
>apevia x qtis case
>hyper 212 evo
>western digital 1tb
>intel i3 6100 3.7GHz
>MSI intel H81 LGA 1150 ATX motherboard
>Crucial ballistix 8GB 1866 MTs
>GeForce GTX 960 4GB ACX
everything look okay/compatible with the motherboard?
>>
>>55975727
the cpu is not compatible with the mobo
>>
what about amd fx 6300?
>>
>>55975789
Very good CPU for the price. OP can afford better though.
>>
>>55975789
Avoid AMD until ZEN comes out
>>
>>55975789
Why go poorfag if op can spend up to 1200$.
>>55975661
Oh it's not a bad cooler it's just not the best price/performance anymore.
>>
>>55975577
don't call me a fagg
>>
>>55975987
or what
inb4 *unsheathes katana*
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.