[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much longer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: ZeroNet-logo.jpg (23KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
ZeroNet-logo.jpg
23KB, 630x420px
How much longer till ZeroNet becomes the new internet?

Protip : Soon
>>
>>55969501
Protip: never, no matter how much you try to push it.
Zeronet is one gaping hole of a flaw followed by the largest security risk ever conceived after a privacy nightmare and it never ends. It's not just a bunch of issues that can be patched. Everything from the very core of zeronet makes it unsuitable for any use whatsoever.
>>
>>55969575
Please provide more informations about those flaws.

Protip: you can't
>>
>>55969575
What they said about Tor too....
>>
>>55969501
>>55969680

I'm for a new decentralized internet, but I don't think zeronet is the answer. To me it just seems like eye candy filled with security flaws. I don't have the screenshot but there was anon who listed a bunch of the flaws
>>
>>55970270
Thanks for contributing.
>>
File: 1443007141999.png (35KB, 638x306px) Image search: [Google]
1443007141999.png
35KB, 638x306px
>>55970296
fine, I dug around and found the post. I don't know how much of it is true, but the very fact that you have to sign in to post on 0chan is enough to turn me off of it
>>
>>55970585
It's all true. It's trivial enough to check it for yourself, the required method is entirely described.
>>
>>55970585
Is this actually zeronet doing this by default or just the sites doing it themselves? Either way it's pretty fucked.
>>
File: zeronet open source botnet.png (37KB, 1383x163px) Image search: [Google]
zeronet open source botnet.png
37KB, 1383x163px
>>55969501
It's shit, now stop shilling it.

>>55969680
>>55969821
Except Tor was never anywher near as shitty as this. See pic related. Also, there's noting keeping anyone from uploading malicious javascript or adding links to malicous websites in iframes and zeronet requires you to allow javascript and iframes for it to work. Also even if you do set up Zeronet to go through Tor, anyone can push a post that loads shit outside of the Zeronet program and therefore doesn't go through Tor or any VPN you're using. Zeronet has so many security issues that just happened to be overlooked that it has to be a honeypot.

>>55970270
Here it is.

>>55970623
Zeronet does it by default.
>>
>>55970623
It's zeronet itself, by design (i.e. if you were the change zeronet so that shit's fixed, it would no longer be zeronet at all).
>>
>>55970636
Yeah I agree, there's something fishy going on. It's constantly being shilled on /g/ for some reason despite these security holes being revealed.
>>
>>55970697
Remember to sage when replying to shill threads.
>>
>>55970636
>>55970666
There's no way it's intentional... right?
>>
>>55970717
I don't believe so, I think the team behind zeronet is just thoroughly incompetent and unqualified.
>>
>>55970716
I think it's worth bumping so the rest of the anons can see this >>55970585 >>55970636

>>55970738
this is the most likely answer. It's evident from how much attention was put into the UI, rather than the underlying system
>>
>>55970623
you cant post without that account thing.
>>
ITT: tech illiterate people.

ZeroNet is NOT designed to be anonymous. It's a decentralized network.

>>55970819
I agree it's stupid but you can always have one identity per website.
>>
>>55970909
Then why do we want it to become the new internet? I'd rather use i2p or freenet before resorting to this
>>
>>55970909
If the identity issues were the only problem, then zeronet could have an inkling of a future. Unfortunately, the fact that once you post something you can change the content arbitrarily and bypass any sanitation, including but not limited to forcing clients to communicate on arbitrary networks and contact arbitrary clearnet servers, injecting javascript bitcoin miners and drive-by downloaders, tracking, other malware, etc. is just one of the idea-ending issues zeronet has.
>>
>>55969501
Reminder that Zeronet is literally bad for you as a user and the people who are trying to recruit you are just doing so because they fucked up and downloaded it themselves.

It moves all of the risk onto the user instead of the host.

People already caught up in the meme are trying to recruit other people so that the law enforcement agencies don't bother prosecuting people, thus they rely on conning as many people onto it as soon as possible.

Using zeronet YOU are literally hosting the content. CP/SMUT/whatever has already been uploaded and whenever it is hosted by you then you have become a distributor (even just hosting it for 1 second is enough to count as hosting). People who have already downloaded this shit are in deep shit thus their only option is to recruit as many people as possible to not get prosecuted by the government themselves and they do this by tricking people into downloading it thinking it is a "good thing" for decentralizing hosts after the recent torrent takedowns.

Don't fall for the meme. They are trying to drag you down with them. Stay safe, don't download.
>>
>>55971105
This.

>previously:
oh shit, illegal content. Better click out.
>with Zeronet:
oh shit, illegal content. Better click out. OOPS too late you already hosted the content to someone else making you a host.

Good luck surviving jail being known as that guy who got busted for distributing CP.
>>
>>55969501
I found the list to the new internet and JavaScript isn't on that list
>>
how about ipfs? or urbit?
>>
>>55971293
All way to hard, the main reason why Tor is so popular is becuase you don't have to configure or use linux to use it basically.
>>
The local site storage turned me off. Every time when you request a site, you get the info from peers and it stores the page in a file. It can constantly update the files in the background, too, when your are running Zeronet. You can become a "seeder" of sorts when files are sent to another user requesting the same page contents stored in your computer.

I rummaged through said files and I was spooked. Deleted the files and have not used Zeronet in a while - takes up too much space and obligatory record of shady activity.
>>
>>55971293
They're not comparable because the point of zeronet is to support decentralized dynamic websites, which neither ipfs nor urbit can do.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.