[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this shit usable yet? Does it have cookie whitelisting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: vivaldi-browser-logo.jpg (16KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
vivaldi-browser-logo.jpg
16KB, 670x503px
is this shit usable yet?
Does it have cookie whitelisting?
>>
do you feel the urge to use it? why? it's one of the worst browsers out there. it's a fucking mess.
>>
>>55968802
because I'm still looking for a decent browser
>>
Can I drag a tab from one window to a second monitor like I can in Chrome?
>>
Download it and see jesus christ does anyone do anything without consulting g
>>
>>55968861
Then use Opera. By far the best one. Fastest and with unique features.
>>
Oh thats right its proprietary so it could literally do illegal things on your behalf haha cucked again.
>>
>>55968900
but I already am
it's good, just not perfect
>>
>55968802
>Say that Vivaldi is fucking mess
>Don't tell why
>>
I use it as daily driver, better with a fast PC.

Can't drag tabs yet, only missing common feature but has many good things going.

Worth a try
>>
>>55968659
I love it

Better looking and more poweruser-y than chrome, not as utter shit as firefox

Have had literally 0 problems with it in almost a year
>>
>>55968659
I'd be interested in giving it a chance if it was under the gnu license or even just open source but as far as I can tell, it is neither

I think it is genuinely important that we don't adopt any proprietary software
>>
>>55969966
>gnu license
It's GPL anon. There is v2 and v3.
>>
>>55969389
>>55969466
I'll agree with this. It was pretty buggy when I started using it on the 0.8 or 0.9 days and 1.0 definitely shouldn't have been a big public release but since 1.1 and on its been damn stable and basically every extension I try works. Coming from Firefox it provides the power user features I want but is actually as fast as a modern browser.

>>55969966
So what are young companies/product supposed to do to protect themselves from the market flooding with similar forks? IMO open source should be a goal for mature products and not everything under the sun.

>>55968910
https://vivaldi.com/source/
>>
>>55969982
oops mixed that up my mistake

>>55970007
so you're suggesting that instead of supporting moral "young companies/products" we should support proprietary softwares which invade our privacy and subjugate their users and hope out of the kindness of their heart they become open source
>>
>>55968659
Opera is better.
>>
>>55970521
>we should support proprietary softwares which invade our privacy and subjugate their users

Nice try but I never said this. Care to post something non-generic? Then again you're also the guy who talks about the "GNU license" so you're likely not capable of doing anything other than parroting.
>>
>>55969389
>Can't drag tabs yet
Fucking why haven't they implemented this yet. Its the reason I dropped it months ago. It makes it hell to use.
>>
>>55971037
Do you really use multiple windows instead of tabs and tab grouping?
>>
>>55971075
I usually have one window per monitor.
>>
>>55971110
Then use the right click options which will be faster than dragging anyway.
>>
>>55971161
Its more of just a habit from using other browsers. I also remember moving it with right click refreshed the page, which was also a pain in the ass if it was a video or something.
>>
>>55971189
Yeah just tested it and it does. Not as smooth as in Chrome.
>>
>>55968659
It won't be until they quit going full retard and stop implementing the UI in JavaScript
>>
>>55971239
What does this effect? It's faster and more responsive than Firefox already. Compared to Chrome I don't really notice any slowdown in that regard. Are you just referring to running it on a toaster? It does suck for that.
>>
>>55971254
It's what makes the browser so fucking shitty. Vivaldi's basically a Chromium web app. I don't know about you but I'll take the real browser over a website pretending to be a browser any day.
>>
>>55971278
How does it make it shitty? This supposed "webapp" has a vastly different feel and experience compared to Chrome while remaining just as fast. There's far more options and customization possibilities. Please, use your words, instead of talking in generalities with no explanations.
>>
>>55971325
Oh okay, you're just a shill
>>>/global/rules/11
>>
>>55971334
>I don't know how to think for myself
>>
>>55971352
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>55971325
I get excited about wanting people to use a program I like too, but you're really acting like you have an investment in it
>>
>>55971355
Calling someone a shill instead of actually backing up your claims is a sign that you're not above parroting. The only people who parrot are those who can't form opinions themselves. It's easier to just do what someone else says rather than form your own conclusions.

>>55971367
I never told people to use Vivaldi at any point of this thread. Try again dipshit.
>>
>>55971389
What's there to back up?
>UI is written in JavaScript
Known fact
>it's slow because the "browser" is essentially a website
Known fact

Meanwhile you're just spouting extremely shitty opinions, it's rather safe to assume you are a shill, so I called you one.
>>
fuck off Vivaldi shill
>>
>>55971418
Slower than what? I'm not disagreeing that the UI is written in Javascript. I'm asking you how this actually effects usage of the browser. All I've noticed is that it runs like shit on toaster-tier CPUs. Runs perfectly fine on my 8350 and i5 machines. Faster, in fact, than Firefox. Comparable to Chrome. Not sure what isn't getting through your autism. So tell me what the actual real world effect is instead of spouting memes.
>>
>>55971461
>Slower than what?
Literally everything
>I'm asking you how this actually effects usage of the browser
Because JavaScript is for websites, not programs.
>All I've noticed is that it runs like shit on toaster-tier CPUs
Which wouldn't be the case if the UI wasn't a fucking website.
>Runs perfectly fine on my 8350 and i5 machines
Works on my machine is not an argument.
>Faster, in fact, than Firefox. Comparable to Chrome
Sure thing buddy. Go shill your shitware somewhere else.
>waah stop shitting on this pile of shit I get paid to shill
Go eat a dick
>>
>>55971529
Nothing you said actually effects usage of the browser nor is reflected in real world usage by anyone I've ever seen talk about it. Get some benchmarks and we can talk.

>Works on my machine is not an argument.

Actually the argument was that based on my observations and observations I've seen elsewhere is that the performance you get out of Vivaldi is largely based on if your computer can run it effectively. Chrome has the same issue and since this is a Chromium browser connecting the dots isn't exactly difficult. Though, for someone with your mental abilities I can see how that would be troubling.
>>
>>55971578
>Nothing you said actually effects usage of the browser
Yes it fucking does, you goddamned moron.
>Actually the argument was that based on my observations and observations I've seen elsewhere is that the performance you get out of Vivaldi is largely based on if your computer can run it effectively
That's a lot of words for something that can simply be summed up with "werks on my machine :^)"
>Chrome has the same issue
And now the shill's resorting to bullshitting. Chrome's UI is not a website.
>since this is a Chromium browser connecting the dots isn't exactly difficult
It's not a browser, it's a Chromium web app.
>lol xD ur just dum
Does Vivaldi know you're insulting potential users while on the clock? I don't think your boss would appreciate that.
>>
>>55971644
>Yes it fucking does, you goddamned moron.
How? You still haven't bothered to explain this at all so the discussion keeps going in circles.

>And now the shill's resorting to bullshitting. Chrome's UI is not a website.
What does this have to do with real world usage?

>It's not a browser, it's a Chromium web app.
This is a completely meanignless statement to troll a niche community. Which just makes you an asshole.

>Does Vivaldi know you're insulting potential users while on the clock? I don't think your boss would appreciate that.
Probably a hint that I'm not being paid. Also, why would they have the money to do this? Once again, where have I told people to use Vivaldi? I'm just arguing against your completely unrealistic comments. You still haven't actually provided any backing to your claims. In fact, I've done that more than you in terms of showing that what you're saying slows down Vivaldi. Which is pretty sad on your part.
>>
>>55971734
>How?
THE UI IS WRITTEN IN JAVAFUCKINGSCRIPT
>You still haven't bothered to explain this at all so the discussion keeps going in circles.
No, I keep explaining why and you just keep saying lol no ur wrong xDDD
>What does this have to do with real world usage?
It allows a UI that isn't utter shit.
>This is a completely meanignless statement to troll a niche community.
It's very meaningful, the only troll here is you (given you're not a shill, I'm pretty sure you are shilling and not trolling though)
>Probably a hint that I'm not being paid
You clearly are, you're just really bad at your job as demonstrated by every post you've made throughout the thread.
>Also, why would they have the money to do this?
Who knows, it's quite obvious they do though.
>I'm just arguing against your completely unrealistic comments
Can you even call what you're doing arguing? I think a better term would be shilling.
>You still haven't actually provided any backing to your claims
And you have? The closest thing you've come to backing any statement you've made itt is "lol trust me I'm totally not a shill and this is a great piece of software becuz I sez so"
>In fact, I've done that more than you in terms of showing that what you're saying slows down Vivaldi
You haven't done shit, bitch (well, besides shilling).
>>
>>55971812
>THE UI IS WRITTEN IN JAVAFUCKINGSCRIPT

Which means what besides that it's written in JS?

>No, I keep explaining why and you just keep saying lol no ur wrong xDDD

No, all you've said is that it written in JS, and not what this actually does for someone using the browser.

>It allows a UI that isn't utter shit.
So now you're saying that using JS is a good thing?

>It's very meaningful, the only troll here is you (given you're not a shill, I'm pretty sure you are shilling and not trolling though)

>lolxDnoyourthetroll

>You clearly are, you're just really bad at your job as demonstrated by every post you've made throughout the thread.
Where's my paycheck? Do you not realize how much of an insanely tired argument this is to make? Do you seriously not get bored of seeing someone spout this every thread? It's one of the reasons I barely come here. Mostly consumer tech gets discussed and nothing else and even then it's nothing but memes, parroting, and going in circles.

>Who knows, it's quite obvious they do though.
Based on...? I guess you should inform me. Even though according to you I'm paid by Vivaldi I somehow know less than you. Hmmm... wonder how that works.

>Can you even call what you're doing arguing? I think a better term would be shilling.
Same tired /g/ shit.

>And you have? The closest thing you've come to backing any statement you've made itt is "lol trust me I'm totally not a shill and this is a great piece of software becuz I sez so"
I actually gave feedback about real world usage across multiple environments.

>You haven't done shit, bitch (well, besides shilling).
I've said more than once how it effects performance on multiple processors. Which is more than you've done. Provide some data. I'm totally open to it. It's just a browser. Provided I get an experience to my liking I really don't care who makes it. Clearly, this concept is frightening to some people.
>>
>>55968874
last time I checked (like four months ago) you couldn't
>>
>>55968900
I just got firefox, after using chrome. Is there a significant advantage to opera over firefox? Firefox has an amazingly minimal interface once you drag and drop everything.
>>
>>55971959
Opera is Chromium based so it doesn't run like shit. Besides that you have the chinese botnet to worry about it but it's solid.
>>
>>55971887
>Which means what besides that it's written in JS?
That it's a laggy piece of shit.
>No, all you've said is that it written in JS, and not what this actually does for someone using the browser.
I've done both, but since it obviously takes a lot to drill this into your thick fucking skull I'll do it again
JavaScript = lagfest
>So now you're saying that using JS is a good thing?
Of course not, you're just a complete retard.
>Where's my paycheck?
I don't fucking know, I'm not you.
>Do you not realize how much of an insanely tired argument this is to make?
Of course, so give the fuck up already, shill.
>Do you seriously not get bored of seeing someone spout this every thread?
Meh, I really don't care
>It's one of the reasons I barely come here.
Do us all a favor and stop coming here altogether. Who am I kidding though? You'll be back tomorrow to shill some more.
>Based on...?
You and your coworkers' blatant shilling.
>Even though according to you I'm paid by Vivaldi I somehow know less than you
Anyone can play stupid, it just comes naturally to you because you truly are.
>I actually gave feedback about real world usage across multiple environments.
Sure you did.
>I've said more than once how it effects performance on multiple processors
No you haven't you fucking twat.
>Provide some data
I don't know how I could be any clearer. JS UI = no no
>Clearly, this concept is frightening to some people.
Not at all, I'm perfectly fine with someone enjoying a piece of software. Shilling shitty software is a different idea.
>>
>>55971991
>That it's a laggy piece of shit.
Not for me or many others. Once again, I've put forth that it runs badly on older/weaker CPUs. You haven't said anything about this or even said what your own experience was.

>I've done both, but since it obviously takes a lot to drill this into your thick fucking skull I'll do it again
>JavaScript = lagfest
This post is actually the first time you've said this. Perhaps in your autistic rantings you forgot to mention what was in your head that the other person didn't know. This is common. Also, given how much better Chromium based browsers are at rendering JS compared to the competition I'm not sure this has any relevance. Perhaps if you're used to Firefox I can see why this would be so triggering for you. One of the reasons I quit using FF.

>I don't know how I could be any clearer. JS UI = no no
This isn't data.

>Not at all, I'm perfectly fine with someone enjoying a piece of software. Shilling shitty software is a different idea.
Shilling involves someone saying to use X or Y. I don't give a shit if you use Vivaldi. However, I will argue against your absolutely retarded viewpoint that anything related to JS is somehow bad. This makes sense to you in your online message board echo chamber but not the real world. This argument doesn't even seem to be about Vivaldi. You just have a hard-on for arguing (in only the vaguest terms for some reason) JS.
>>
>>55972094
>Not for me or many others
Werks on my machine isn't an argument
>I've put forth that it runs badly on older/weaker CPUs.
And I've put forth that this wouldn't be an issue if the UI wasn't a fucking website.
>This post is actually the first time you've said this
Okay, kid
>Perhaps in your autistic rantings
lolxDDD everyone I don't like has autism
-You
>Also, given how much better Chromium based browsers are at rendering JS compared to the competition I'm not sure this has any relevance
But it does, you goddamned moron.
>Perhaps if you're used to Firefox I can see why this would be so triggering for you
I'm not used to Firefox
>This isn't data.
It's more than enough.
>Shilling involves someone saying to use X or Y
Shills also defend software they're paid to promote, even when the claims made against the software are true. You are undeniably doing this right now.
>I don't give a shit if you use Vivaldi
Sure thing, shill.
>However, I will argue against your absolutely retarded viewpoint that anything related to JS is somehow bad
Why would you argue against something I never said?
>lol echo chamber xDDD
I believe you're looking for Reddit.
>This argument doesn't even seem to be about Vivaldi
It started as an argument about Vivaldi, now it's basically me calling a shill a shill while he retorts with bullshit.
>You just have a hard-on for arguing (in only the vaguest terms for some reason) JS.
Not in the slightest.

Enjoy shilling your worthless Chromium web app, I've got a party to go to. Eat shit and die, shill.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.