[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mark Shuttleworth tribute thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: mark_shuttleworth-970-80.jpg (97KB, 970x727px) Image search: [Google]
mark_shuttleworth-970-80.jpg
97KB, 970x727px
Let's dedicate a minute to congratulate the man who made desktop Linux a reality.
>>
>>55965831
Now now...
He made it more popular, that's it.
>>
>>55965831
Good guy Mark.
>>
A round of applause for Mark!
>>
>>55965831
Remember how much hate he got for Unity before /g/ was given their current bogeyman of SystemD? Good times.
>>
>>55966032

The hate on Unity was the most pathetic thing from GNU/Linux community I saw.

It's literally hating on the very same freedom we advocate with Free Software.
>>
>>55966134
Give it a few years and you'll say the same about poettering and SystemD. /g/ dislikes anything that challenges the status quo to the point where they fabricate tons of bullshit to make their viewpoint sound more legitimate.
>>
>>55966134
Online searches in dash was a mistake.

Unity is also impossible to use anywhere outside ubuntu without patching a hell of dependencies in the distro, so this freedom is a bit ilusory.
>>
File: spaceAfrican.jpg (80KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
spaceAfrican.jpg
80KB, 400x225px
Based space African
>>
>>55966256
Nothing stopping you from forking it and rewriting the bits dependent on Ubuntu as a distro.
>>
>>55966322

Ok. You patch gtk3 gtk3-ubuntu-0.23.4.whatever and break the other 1292 programs depending on gtk3 just to use a DE. Oh, now it depends on Mir and snapd too... shit. This hate to unity is so unfair and irrational...
>>
>>55965831
because leeching of debian and applying broken patches is that much of an accomplishment
>>
File: patrick_volkerding.jpg (157KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
patrick_volkerding.jpg
157KB, 480x640px
>>55965831

Yes, let's do that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.