[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

treadmill desk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

Any of you used a walking desk setup for long periods and have success with the setup?

I have a sitting and a standing desk setup. I find standing good because it's easier for me to get off my computer because standing is more tiring than sitting thus forcing me to take breaks. I won't take breaks otherwise, I can't do it.

But what I really want is to take less/minimal breaks and not feel like I need to in the first place.

At first, I fully discredit the idea of a treadmill desk because

>too noisy
>no way you can be precise with a mouse and keyboard
>uses too much power
>will get worn out too quick and require constant repair
>won't be able to focus

But then I was reading about them some more and I realized that everyone uses them at an extremely slow pace, they can low lower than 1mph in increments of .1mph and it's common to use in 1-2mph range. This would be slow enough to be quiet, minimal wear and tear on the machine and yourself, easy to keep your body from bobbing around and won't be noisy.

So, I'm already in shape. The idea isn't to lose weight but instead to just keep moving. Standing in place for long periods leads to pain the legs, feet, lower back and knees. Sitting in place leads to pain in the piriformis muscle, hip tightness and in the mid back.

I can walk all day without much more than slight foot discomfort so it seems like the perfect solution but I haven't actually tried such a setup and have no ability to before jumping in.

So any of you standing desk'ers converting to walking or anyone else?
>>
lol fatass

adjust ur eating habits and use a yoga ball
>>
I know this is bait but I'm 6'2" 200lbs, drug and alcohol free, eat a balanced diet and perform regular weight training and cardio. I have no medical history to speak of.

I know some people just want to sit down after a long day of work, not here to convince you otherwise. Sitting a few hours after work is probably good for you. This is for people who get pain from sitting or standing too much on a computer.
>>
>>55965368
this desu
>>
I should add that I've already invested thousands into high end ergonomic chairs (steelcase leap v2, herman miller aeron), sitting on a swiss ball, standing desks and gel anti-fatigue mats. Nothing really works and I'm out of options. I've been forced to turn into a casual using my phone to browse the web and not do much of anything else on a computer. It sucks.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 635x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 635x350px
Linus, a-are you out there?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.