[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

want up upgrade my 900p monitor to a meme 1440P 144hz+ these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: Acer vs Asus.jpg (50KB, 685x621px) Image search: [Google]
Acer vs Asus.jpg
50KB, 685x621px
want up upgrade my 900p monitor to a meme 1440P 144hz+
these 2 stand out

Acer Predator XB271HU
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

>Which one is better and why?
>>
File: 1469120214203s.jpg (3KB, 114x125px) Image search: [Google]
1469120214203s.jpg
3KB, 114x125px
>>55961979
>>55961988

i'm getting mixed signals.
>>
Had this same dilemma a few months back and ended up just going with the RoG Swift because the Predator looks gaudy as fuck.

Haven't had a single issue with my RoG Swift yet so I'd recommend it.
>>
>>55962003
any back bleed?
reviews seen to stress that a lot.
>>
>>55962041

None that I notice desu.
>>
>>55961965
acer
>>
>>55962151
Why?
All answers need a reason behind them
>>
>paying €500 markup so your mouse cursor does not ghost on your desktop, and getting shitty TN as a bonus

144Hz fags are the most retarded

meawhile I am enjoying 2x 4K IPS for the same price.

you really must love your GAY MES
>>
>>55962215

absolutely top kek, 1x4K is impossible to run gaymes on let alone 2x4K.

21:9 is the future of the desktop and videogaymes
>>
>>55962162
Acer
>>
>>55962238
This is /g/, why are you assuming he wants to run gaymes at all?
>>
>>55961965
Already know the overall disadvantage of the two and looked closely at both before.

Both have roughly same quality and would not be surprised if most of the components inside are from the same source.

Difference:
-Asus costs more as it has a better stand (not much more functional than the other, but quality is there) and stronger brand.
-Acer is cheaper as stand is inferior quality (functionality mostly consistent, but slightly less stable due to corner cutting on design) and brand is cheaper.

Rear ports are mostly consistent, but the ACER has two additional ports on the side of the Display (left I think) so for most people you could argue the Acer is better overall with price considered.

Did try to check for release dates but got no where at all. Suspected that Asus got there first and Acer made a cheap clone afterwards, but I can't find reliable sources to confirm (manufacturers don't make the release date clear for their specifications, probably hidden or places somewhere obscure, this is both of them).
>>
>>55962215
You need at least two graphics cards to reliably play games at 4k without stutter or slow FPS, but a NVIDIA GTX 1080 might be good enough for that these days.

2K is mostly good enough.

That said can't wait for a ridiculous 4k 144Hz Asus gaymin monitor to come out which also comes free with a discount coupon for a Asus branded butt plug or cat tail plug (cat tail would be ROG themed).

Will also get graphics card upgrade(s) for that too (one or two, hard to say).
>>
>>55962215
gr8 b8 m8, both of those monitors have IPS panels
>>
>>55962410
this
>>
both of them seem to have problems if you read the threads about them on pc forums.

i want 1440p 144hz ips myself but im waiting for a perfect one to come out.
>>
>>55961965
Get whichever is cheaper. They are about on par with each other.
>>
>>55962530
Which problems are those?
>>
>>55961965
Acer and Asus are both bottom of the bin.
Both die fast, quality is meh and colors could be better.
Get the one you can get cheaper and pray for the best.
>>
I believe they use literally the same panel. The ASUS looks better. I had the previous ROG Swift but sent 3 back due to multiple dead pixels and distracting screen bruising. I now have the MK 1 of the Acer which looks quite bog-standard. There is a small amount of light bleed in the bottom right hand corner but I only ever notice it if I'm looking at a very dark screen in the dark. For me this is very rare but YMMV. Between the two available now I'd probably chance it with the Asus just because the design of the new Acer is so horrible.
>>
Save your money
>http://120hzmonitors.com/pixio-px277-144hz-27-inch-1440p-freesync-ips-gaming-monitor/
>>
I had the same dilemma, I decided to buy the xb271hu and im more than satisfied with it. no noticable backlightbleed at all, even at 100% brightness in the dark. The reason i decided to buy the acer one instead of the asus is because the asus one seemed to be having way more issues with quality control.
>>
>>55964619
holy shit. is this too good to be true? whats the catch?
>>
>>55962041
I have a RoG 278Q (the same except freesync) and backlight bleed is visible, but doesnt bother me unless the screen is really dark and i dont have lights on.
>>
Asus is better, Acer has better quality control.

Buy on amazon, if you get a shit panel, return it and try again.
>>
>>55965144
it looks like shit
>>
>>55965144
Read there's an external power supply or something. Sounds stupid for that B class brand...
>>
>>55961965
Grab a Crossover 2795 from ebay

about 300 US and overclocks to 100hz or more, and looks great
>>
>>55962162

Because the Predator is an AHVA panel, which is near IPS colour gamut and viewing angles.

The RoG is fucking nasty TN garbage that belongs in the trash.
>>
>>55968428
PG279Q is AHVA as well.
>>
Can you believe the audacity of these fucking spergs?
Muh $2500 gaymen rig
http://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/sys/5720937569.html
Every retard up here is literally trying to tell off their old custom pc for more than they originally would have paid.
>>
the predator can over clock to 200mhz and the swift cannot. so there's that
>>
>>55961965
Op here
Forgot to mention I have a GTX 1080
>>
>>55968428
>The RoG is fucking nasty TN garbage that belongs in the trash.
i have the rog 278q, its not that bad

colors are great once you tweak the settings

the 279q would obviously be better though, since IPS
>>
>>55961965
I can speak for the Acer, but a bunch of asus ips and PWM monitors physically panel-rotate 180

fun shump time
>>
>getting an IPS for videogames
what a retard
>>
>>55969548
They're only great in the center of the screen and bad everywhere else though
>>
>>55968571
It can't. Both are the same panel.
>>55969548
Only real difference on both is gamma shift. The TN variants are pretty fine regarding colors.
>>
>>55969608
lol na bro .. if i look at it straight on the colors are vibrant and even all the way around. It's when you shift angles that shit starts to get distorted .. since im always looking at my screen head on and not from the fucking side its perfect for me

honestly love this monitor
>>
I have the Acer and aside from one dead pixel in the corner cant complain. Cant see any light bleed either without long exposure photo in the dark.
>>
>>55969641
>one dead pixel
why are you not returning it? that would drive me
crazy
>>
>>55969632
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Post-purchase_rationalization
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-crystal_display#Twisted_nematic_.28TN.29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyer%27s_remorse
>>
>>55969690
Because it was 150€ off and had I returned it I wouldnt had gotten as good deal again.
>>
>>55969700
yea, you're a faggot
what monitor do you have?

fucking poorfags are the worst
>>
>>55969719
I actually have 3x 120hz 1440p IPS [spoiler](korean)[/spoiler]
>>
>tfw mg279q
great ips 144hz for freesync fuccbois
>>55964619
i considered this one, but look at this ugly design& fuckhueg bezel. most important thing is shit stand with no height adjustment which makes it absolute garbage tier. i wouldn't cheap out on a monitor you look at all day.
>>
>>55969743
fucking pleb gook
>>
>>55970060
how can they even see with those eyes
>>
>>55961965
Well you're not a champion like me so get the acer.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.