/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backspace No Longer Valid on Chrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: dimensions.jpg (36KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
dimensions.jpg
36KB, 960x540px
An extension for the spyware currently known as Chrome to restore Backspace as Previous page functionality:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backspace-to-go-back/nlffgllnjjkheddehpolbanogdeaogbc

Anyone actually happy with the fix? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>55960267
I always just use right click. I never used the back space except on accident so I guess I'm happy...
>>
Backspace as previous page is fucking cancer.
>>
>>55961354
This

I was really glad when I heard they were removing it, backspace should have stopped being a hotkey the moment the web stopped being predominantly read only.
>>
>>55961386
I see. Now explain it again in simpleton language, because I'm not sure how it was bad.
>>
>>55960267
>install botnet extension to restore the worst UI decision ever
Yeah, no thanks.
>>
>>55961397
>spend three hours filling out application
>"Whoops, I added an extra period at the end. Better clean that up"
>Backspace
>lose everything
>>
I am happy with the change.

>>55961386
^This guy gets it.

>>55961397
Imagine you are typing something up and you hit backspace to clear out something you typed, but instead, for whatever reason, it works as previous page hot key instead. Everything you had been typing for however long is gone now.
>>
>>55961397
Ever typed a lot of text into a field (such as the reply field on 4chan), had something steal focus or otherwise click elsewhere, hit backspace because you were typing, and then lose it all because you went to the previous page?

It’s often the worst on laptops because you can hit the track pad with your wrist.

The web has dramatically changed since the early days to be more of an input centric experience.

http://www.dolekemp96.org/main.htm

That was your average web page in the 90’s, when it made sense to have the backspace key as a hotkey.
>>
>>55961432
This. 100% this. This change needed to be made. Backspace as a browser hotkey despite the fact that <FORM> has been a HTML element since almost forever was completely fucking retarded, and I'm glad that someone fixed it.
>>
>>55960267
Wait, my chrome still goes back when I hit backspace. Are you saying they finally changed that.
>>
>>55960267
>>55961846
Answered my own question, I thought chrome updated itself. Sweet I'll never rage over loosing a bunch of text again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.