[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 42

File: MTQwMTAzMjI3OTg2MTU5MTIy.jpg (171KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
MTQwMTAzMjI3OTg2MTU5MTIy.jpg
171KB, 1200x1199px
>>
What's /g/s preferred way to archive their own posts?
>>
I just got a new laptop with Windows 10.
Is there a way to disable Microsoft from screenshotting my screen in 10?
Does Windows 10 really deleted pirated software off someones computer?
>>
>>55960183
So I'm looking for a reliable windows tool for syncing two drives together, that lets me set certain files and folders as excluded on both ends, and lets me easily verify that certain folders are identical.
>>
>>55960268
kek
>>
>>55960268
Double FUD. The screenshot thing was only on the technical preview, and they only 'delete' pirated microsoft software
>>
I have a HDD with W7 installed, if I put that HDD on a different computer would it boot?
>>
>>55960249
>/g/s preferred way to archive their own posts
Dunno, but you can use archive.is to take a personal snapshot.
>>
>>55960346
It would go into repair mode. There's like a 30% chance it would work after that. Wouldn't be activated either way
>>
File: onegibibiyte.png (46KB, 425x385px) Image search: [Google]
onegibibiyte.png
46KB, 425x385px
what laptops besides my MSI Dominator can have 2 PCIE SSDs in RAID0?

I don't want to give up this useless speed; I'm fucking spoiled
>>
I yesterday flashed cm13 on mt LG G3(d855) but when I opened it it seems to have revoked the root acess. Will the normal method for marhmallow suffice?
>>
>>55960409
You have to enable Root in CMs options
>>
>>55960418
Okay, thanks i feel stupid now
>>
I want to learn how to use photoshop to edit photos in advanced ways and create graphics a bit.
I've got quite a lot of experience with illustrator; and I want to learn, quickly, very quickly, no video guides with 100 episodes.

Someone point me to the right direction please.
>>
>>55960369
So I could reinstall it but would be a "legit" copy right?
>>
>>55960580
wouldn not be*
>>
>>55960600
Just clean install
>>
how do I checksum a file on windows, see it's checksum so I can compare if it's legit or not
>>
File: 123.png (268KB, 1264x693px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
268KB, 1264x693px
Are there any better alternatives to a Dell U2414h?

I'm looking for another IPS monitor to use for some casual scum Wii U gaming. I also plan on using it as a second monitor while rotated 90 degrees to a vertical position so I can fullscreen documents or images.

I already have a U2425 16:10 for my desktop and the U2414 would go well with it due to the similar aesthetic they share.

Just hoping someone has some experience or an opinion on the U2414h.
>>
>>55960736
'CertUtil' looks like it would work, give that a try maybe?
>>
I have a fried 390x that boots with shit lines all over the screen

If I crossfired it as the 2nd card is that a thing that might work?
Anyone heard of this working?

I was thinking because the lines are memory related crossfire probably wouldn't dip into the 2nd cards memory..?
>>
I want a netbook. To replace an old Atom based one from 6 years ago. Like the form factor and battery buy hate the slowness. I know they are dead. Anyone?
>>
>>55960736
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11533
>>
File: preq3.jpg (451KB, 2294x2969px) Image search: [Google]
preq3.jpg
451KB, 2294x2969px
Can kde users that use baloo please say if it works for them?
I use plasma 5 from debian testing and since the switch from nepomuk to baloo the latter has never been able to index my files without conking out halfway through.
Is it debian? Do other distros get this right?
Using debian testing I never have all of kde at the same dev level, parts come from unstable never en bloc.
>>
>>55960183
Would an AMD 470 work fine for 4k video playback of GoPro 60fps 4k video to a 4k television? If not, would a 480 work?
>>
>>55960785
I'd like to know the answer to this too
>>
>>55960846
It should work just fine, although I don't know if the device you're gonna have it hooked into will have a disk fast enough to actually offload it realtime.
>>
>>55960793
Apple still keeps the form factor going with the 11" MacBook Air. Lenovo Thinkpads are offered in 11" as well.

Microsoft surface pro with keyboard may not be to your liking.

I recently bought an Asus seashell with a dual core atom for £25 on eBay. You can still find them quite cheaply there.
>>
Xubuntu 16.04.01 + Gshutdown
Gshutdown just logs me out instead of restarting or shutting down he computer. What do I do to make it work properly?
>>
>>55960830
The person pictured. Are they transgender?
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (751KB, 1584x2000px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
751KB, 1584x2000px
>>55960893
Does Gshutdown have root privs?
>>
So I bought a bluetooth adapter to pair my ps4 controller with my desktop pc because the plug on the controller is dodgy.

Unfortunately the adapter that I used doesn't seem to like the ps4 controller as it will recognize the controller's existence, that it is a controller, but then once it tries to pair it will time out. Other devices pair fine.

Is this more likely to be a hardware compatibility issue or is there some way I could fix this?
>>
>>55960846
Any recent GPU should be able to handle 4k playback with GPU acceleration, but without acceleration you'll need a good CPU.
>>
I have a question regarding Google Play Services. Which permission should I enable/disable ? ( nexus 5 all stock)
Thank you !
>>
I've got two Intel Compute Sticks, first gen, that I use as HTPCs. I keep almost nothing on their internal storage, but play videos from another computer shared over the network. On of them works just fine, but the other keeps giving me problems. On a file that it should be able to play without issue (H264, 720P resolution, played on MPC-HC with the CCCP, nothing difficult), it keeps stuttering and lagging like hell. I know the built-in wifi on this model is shit, but I've already disabled it and instead use a TP-Link USB dongle. Checking the Windows Task Manager while attempting playback tells me I should have ample resources, with my CPU usage sitting around 20%, memory usage at 50-60%, and disk and network usage both hovering around 1-2%. What could be causing it to shit the bed this badly?
>>
>>55960993
One more thing: I did check the system that the files are stored on. It's running without issues.
>>
>>55960918
if I run it from terminal with
>sudo gshutdown
it still just logs me out
>>
Transporting my PC by car 60 miles this week as I move house. Should I remove the GPU and CPU cooler and shit like that for safety safe, or will they be fine connected inside the case?
>>
>>55960918
holy shit George Lucas has tiny feet
>>
>>55961277
It'll most likely be fine. I moved my custom loop system without disconnecting anything and it didn't have an issue. There's no way you'll be dealing with the same amount of weight.
>>
>>55961319
Hmm, alright. Its an R9 390X and a 212 Evo cooler. The cooler is pretty light but the card is a hefty beast. Just wondering.
>>
Old 1gb ram atom netbook, should I put Win7 or Win10 on it? Linux is not an option, unfortunately
>>
File: magent.png (6KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
magent.png
6KB, 350x350px
Why don't magnet links need a tracker?
>>
>>55961488
Magnet links do have trackers, if you ever go look at one it has them right in the url
>>
How do i boot my old mobo to usb?
im using rufus and it doenst detect it, it may something about setting grub uefi mbr gpt? im a noob at these boot loading

pls help
>>
>>55961503
what motherboard?
does it support uefi?
if not the set rufus to use MBR only, restart and spam the bios settings key and change the boot order to make it boot from USB first.
if it's a very old motherboard then it probably can't even boot from USB.
>>
>>55961428
However hefty the card is, it's not "Solid slab of copper covering the entire surface of the card" hefty.
>>
>>55961488
They use DHT

Look that up
>>
>>55961530
asus p5ld2
there is no uefi settings in bios settings

but in boot menu it says i could boot to a removable drive, going to try mbr

thanks m8
>>
>>55961488
Magnet links do need trackers, they just don't need .torrent files.
>>
Is there a way to see what those who are on your network doing? There's an app on Android that did all of that including changing target website, replacing images, videos and text on websites on victims device etc. Is there anything like that on Pc?
>>
Any cross platform music player that lets me play from android where my pc left off?
>>
I have a 6600k @4.5Ghz and GTX 1080, my question is does my 16GB DDR4@2133 hold this back much, should I try memory clock OCs or is it not a big deal?
>>
Task manager shows that my computer is using 4GB of RAM even at idle, and that value fluctuates throughout the day. Sometimes I will leave my computer and come back a couple hours later to find that the RAM usage has dropped significantly, despite the fact that it doesn't appear as though anything has changed.

Is that reasonable, or is something likely wrong?
>>
>>55961847
Have a look at the processes running, it shows how much ram they're using.
>>
I want a controller to play my video games because I am child and my life has no purpose at present moment.

Should I get an Xbox 360 controller, or a PS3 controller?
I really can't decide.
PS3 has the better dpad and wireless, but Xbox 360 is what I am most familiar with, and has more widespread support on the computers. Even on Ubuntu the 360 controller instantly worked for the best game in the whole entire world, SuperTuxKart.
>>
>>55961879
the xbox360 controller just works, no need to fiddle with 3rd party mappers or drivers.
>>
>>55961879
360 fits in the hand better, better build quality and "just works", if it's wireless they sell an adapter for computers.
>>
>>55961481
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called ``Linux'', and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called ``Linux'' distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>55961981
>>55961892
thanks black guys
>>
File: 1445770951390.png (583KB, 472x603px) Image search: [Google]
1445770951390.png
583KB, 472x603px
Is there a torrent for the latest 3DMark setup somewhere? I can't get max download speed by direct links because reasons.
>>
>>55960183
Is Kali a viable primary os? I realize it defaults to root, but if I created non-root user and used that, would it work?
>>
Tensorflow is Python, compiled using Bazel.
Bazel is multiplatform.
Python is multiplatform.
Why no Tensorflow on Windows?
>>
I want to save a jpg into a string and hardcoded into my code so i just have a binary and no .jpg resource

can i do this?
>>
>>55962283
using python
>>
File: JOKERCRISPS.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
JOKERCRISPS.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>55960183
This is entirely facile but I just need to know, is there a hacking board or a better chan used to talk about cracking and how to start. I'm a complete noob and want to learn.
>>
File: missing.png (185KB, 819x462px) Image search: [Google]
missing.png
185KB, 819x462px
I'm swapping my mobo, CPU and ram - I didn't buy a new CPU cooler so I was going to use my old one. The only issue I'm facing is finding out how to remove those little nuts

I don't have pic related, what's it called and how do I remove the damn nuts on the mobo without it, alternatively where can i buy it
>>
Is burning to dvd the best way to archive old movies/files?

Just found a cd driver from 1999 and it still works
>>
>>55960183
will the stock cooler be good enough for a i7 4790k?
>>
>>55962345
Carefully, with a spanner or pliers.
>>
>>55962283
you can encode binary data as base64, which turns it into a string. I recommend php if you want to go into dirty programming
>>
>>55962365
i dont have either at my house, fucking kill me
>>
File: 00822735.gif (79KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
00822735.gif
79KB, 500x281px
>>55962385
You don't have any tools?
You have bigger problems with your life than CPU coolers.
>>
>>55960279
Had same problem, what I've tried so far:

Folder Sync via Dropbox or similar like mega: works 99% of the cases, but if something goes wrong (file edited on both ends) the conflict resolution is most of the time shit. If you're saving images or similar, its ok. If you want to sync documents, I wouldn't recommend this. Also, depending on your data size you would need to buy a subscription.

Torrent sync: You can sync your files via the torrent protocol. You data is not saved online, so to sync, both your computers must be running at all time. You have less problems with confliction version.

What I am using now is git for documents, and mega for images etc. Head over to gitlab.com for unlimited private repositories. The commiting and syncing must be done manually (for example with gitkraken) and need some time for getting used to, but I have now total control over my files, and even a version history of them. Can recommend!
>>
File: 1468170239088.jpg (99KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1468170239088.jpg
99KB, 850x850px
So I have a 4k TV hooked up to my ol' Gainward GTX 580 Phantom 3GB and it only puts out 1920x1080. Is this because of HDMI 1.4? Will a more recent GPU display 3840x2160 or is there something I'm missing? Have my favorite Rei as a token of my thanks.
>>
>>55961665
This attack is called Man in the Middle, I only know a tool for Linux (called ettercap) for this kind of fun.
>>
Would it help to replace the laptop's graphic card with another cooling unit assuming its not soldered in place?
>>
Upgraded my PC last night and installed my EVGA Geforce GTX 1080. Now I have two identical monitors with VGA DVI and HDMI inputs, and my 1080 has 3x Display Ports and 1 HDMI.
So I basically want to use 2x DisplayPort to HDMI cables for consistency, but whenever I try use two my PC doesn't want to acknowledge the second one. Both monitors and cables work on their own as I've tested them, but as soon as I try use 2 it doesn't want to let one monitor work. I can use 1 DisplayPort to HDMI and one standard HDMI just fine, just using both doesn't work.
>>
>>55961277
I move my computer between houses every other week, I've got an NH-D14 CPU cooler and it hasn't broken anything yet. The only thing that'll really get you is if the computer falls over in transit. The best way to keep it secure is on the floor in the backseat of the car with the passenger seat pinning it to the back seat.
>>
>>55961716
>2133MHz DDR4
Jesus christ son, you fucked up. 3200MHz RAM is the same price and performs better. Not worth replacing the RAM mind you. OCing memory has barely any noticeable difference on performance.
>>
>>55962327
Read books

>the art of exploitation
>black hat python
>bug hunters diary
>etc
>>
>>55962473
>Is this because of HDMI 1.4?
I don't think 1.4 was around when the 580 came out.
>Will a more recent GPU display 3840x2160
Yes.
>>
>>55962562
What if his mb only supports 2133MHz?
>>
>>55962587
It's very unlikely, AFAIK there aren't any Z170 boards that have RAM speed caps below 2800MHz.
>>
File: 1469885075186.jpg (53KB, 355x336px) Image search: [Google]
1469885075186.jpg
53KB, 355x336px
>>55962585
Thanks, that gives me great comfort. Can't wait to bury this old piece of crap in my electronics graveyard.
>>
>>55962201
Any help? This shitty ISP in this shitty country is having their sea cables fucked up. I can only reach maximum download speed through torrenting.
>>
I just downloaded an apk of betterbatterystats but at some point my phone started doing stuff for itself. Not sure if it went crazy or has a malware, how do I check and eventually delete it?
>>
Hdd smart is fail and i cant install windows in it saying it cant format but i can format it in other computer an d use it

Is there anyway i can use it in other os? Does ubuntu accept smart failed hdd as boot hdd?
>>
Does anyone know if Browsec is a botnet like Hola?

I mean obviously it's botnet but it won't steal my bandwidth will it?
>>
What ftp server do you use?
What ftp server would you recommend for read-only login-only low load server?
Is vsftpd any good? Most guides suggest it.
Other than fail2ban what security settings and tools do you use?
>>
>>55960297
Someone needs to update the wiki.
>>
>>55961879
360. The Xbone one is much better though.
>>
>>55962822
where did you download it? not all sites are equal
>>
Only windows users shouldn't use flash player right? Using it on Ubuntu is safe isn't it?
>>
I need to recover 1 picture that I deleted long ago, also I have formated my computer many times after I deleted it. I never thought I was going to need that picture, but suddenly I need it. What software do I use to recover it?
>>
>>55962977
proftpd
proftpd
no
>>
Was just looking for Computer Science jobs in my city (Atlanta) and just about all of them require, "one year of related experience in programming and software systems or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience". I'm currently only a sophomore in college but it looks like I may graduate early.

By this experience, can I just attempt to find good CS internships or should I go for a very entry level job for a year or two?
>>
say I were to replace my hdd laptop (it has a 1tb hdd + 24 ssd cache) with an ssd, is there a point in using the ssd as a cache?
>>
>>55963143
It was apkhere.com
>>
I installed Windows 7 pro on a new HDD while my old HDD was connected. HDD's won't boot without the other being present. Would like to use old on another build without compromising data on either HDD. How do this stupid dude, do?
>>
>>55963206
magicrescue
>>
Would I notice much of a difference if I upgraded from a 1080p monitor to a 1440p one?
>>
>>55963350
your bootloader is installed on the old hdd
its the thing that tells your PC at start what is present on the system and where to start it

I would first have a look around in EasyBCD
if theres not some way to deal with this

but easy way should be just removing the old drive, putting your windows usb/dvd in, boot from it, then just write MBR new

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/command-prompt-fix-issues-your-boot-records
>>
>>55960183

Is disabling DHT/PEX actually required in order to keep using Torrentleech? It slows down my other torrents a lot. Their forum/IRC says "yes", but that could just be because no dissent is allowed.
>>
>>55963723
Do you even know what DHT does? Look it up.
>>
>>55963755

I did and a lot of places are saying it's bullshit that Torrentleech requires it, because supposedly other private trackers don't.
>>
Is Feedly botnet?
>>
>>55962977
Alternatively, what other sharing methods can be used with windows clients that have subdirectory search and require minimal client effort? Setting up VPN for samba is probably more confusing than installing some filezilla.
>>
I need an android music player.
Desired features are:
>Last.fm scrobbling (very important)
>Able to find lyrics and album art for albums which miss them(also very important)
>An equalizer (not as important )
>Pretty looking (important)
>Riceable in-app and widgetwise (important)
Also neutron player showed total play time on albums something similar would be neat.
>>
File: 1469856913259.jpg (72KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469856913259.jpg
72KB, 956x960px
Is getting the iPhone 6s worth it over the 6? I literally only care about the camera quality, not the video or anything either. I've been using android for the last 6 years and I just want to try something different. And I don't care to wait for the 7

I'd rather save 100$ plus tax if there is not real noticeable difference
>>
File: USB 3.0 Noise.png (83KB, 409x318px) Image search: [Google]
USB 3.0 Noise.png
83KB, 409x318px
How far away from a USB 3.0 wire does my 2.4GHz wireless dongle have to be to avoid connectivity issues?
>>
I'm going to try distro upgrade for the first time and I'm worried about it fucking up so Im going to duplicate my root partition
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Disk_Cloning#Create_disk_image
Says I need to boot into a live cd so the root partition isn't mounted. is this absolutely necessary? Is there a better way?
>>
I broke my Galaxy Ace 4's screen and I need to get some photos off the device. Anyone that could help?
>>
>>55963889
Are you literally retarded?
>>
Is flash player safe on linux systems?
>>
How do I suck dick?
>>
>>55963899
get list of explicitly installed packages
pacman -Qe

copy home somewhere safe

copy /etc/ if you got some config files there just to be sure

if shit hits the fan just reinstall, copy home back, and install the listed packages
all your shit is in home annyway

but if you want image, then torrent bootable acronis true image and do backup of your whole drive or partition, its the most reliable thing
>>
>>55963932
Am I?
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.pdf
>>
>>55963941
yeap
>>
>>55962353
Yes, you can even get disks that are rated for 100 years.
>>
File: 616Z4rcPLyL._SL1000_.jpg (64KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
616Z4rcPLyL._SL1000_.jpg
64KB, 1000x1000px
Why does literally no bluetooth keyboard or mouse device work when setting up the bios/uefi?

Is buying shit like this (basically an apple wifi/bt module stuck in a pci express adapter) the only decent way to do it?
>>
>>55963944
Ask ur mom
>>
File: .png (198KB, 547x333px) Image search: [Google]
.png
198KB, 547x333px
>>55962353
>>55963973
>100 years.
Get off my board you filthy mongoloids. A mere century is nothing in the eyes of optical media.
>>
>>55962901
If your hdd fails smart, it will die very soon, save your data and into the trash it goes.
>>
>>55963279
It will degrade performance.
>>
This is a weird question and I might be a little bit misinformed so correct me in any case.

There's an application that uses OpenGL that I often use in windowed mode. It performs very, very poorly on that mode on windows 8.1, exclusive fullscreen is much better. From what I understand the issue is that desktop composition on Windows 8.1 is enabled, it causes the application to perform poorly and disabling it breaks every fucking thing.

So I have to ask, does windows 10 improve on that one aspect? Or is it the exact same?
>>
How the fuck do I get rid of Moves & TV from the anniversary update? Get-AppxPackage *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage doesn't do shit.
>>
>>55964013
Would you care to explain yourself or just post weeaboo shit?
>>
>>55963984
That wouldn't work either.
>>
File: .png (292KB, 953x495px) Image search: [Google]
.png
292KB, 953x495px
>>55964095
>Would you care to explain yourself
Behold your god, peasant. Designed to last a millennium if stored properly.
>or just post weeaboo shit?
Animeme weebsite.
>>
>>55963984
>Why does literally no bluetooth keyboard or mouse device work when setting up the bios/uefi?
Connecting a device with bluetooth requires a shitload of software and you have to pair devices in the bios so nobody bothered.
Use a usb keyboard.
> your device
What's that, link ?
>>
>>55964118
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERaaU8ZTMwk

>>55964129
Its a PCI express adapter for the BCM943602CS. Usually available on amazon and hackintosh friendly sites.
>>
>>55964013
http://www.verbatim.com/subcat/optical-media/dvd/archival-grade-gold-dvd-r/

Okay, you found a better product, no need to be a faggot.
>>
>>55963874
>>55963874
anyone prease
>>
File: weaabo.jpg (123KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
weaabo.jpg
123KB, 900x675px
>>55964119
contrary to retards believe, this is not an anime website
you are looking for animeboards I believe but their existence dont make this site anime

now go apologize to your parents for being the greatest disappointment of their life, leave your waifoo dolls in your room when you are doing it you disgusting fat loser
>>
File: 1454972219649.gif (936KB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454972219649.gif
936KB, 444x500px
>>55960183
What is a piece of software I can use to download films that is similar to SoulseekQt?
>>
I want a new motherboard for my i7 2600k, and a graphics card upgrade too, plus 16 gigs of ram. I want to plug 4 screens into my computer. I use it to trade. What would you advise? No budget.
>>
File: qbittorrent.webm (647KB, 1071x778px) Image search: [Google]
qbittorrent.webm
647KB, 1071x778px
>>55964263
errr, qbittorrent?
>>
why do I get screen tearing on firefox but not chrome with youtube videos?
gtx 1070, windows 10.
>>
File: .gif (263KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
263KB, 848x480px
>>55964222
>no need to be a faggot
I don't follow.

>>55964248
100% pure bred anime website.

My parents already killed themselves from the shame and I'm too poor for anime dolls or enough food to get fat. Checkmate.
>>
>>55964284
I'm aware of the search feature in qBit.
Soulseek Qt has a lot of obscure music unlike public torrenting.
I was just wondering if there's software that has that same level of p2p obscure films/tv?
>>
>>55964284
>gbit

I live with someone who uses qbit.
Router thrashes every time it's on.
>>
>>55964296
you should follow example of your parents today, right now, or at least fuck off to anime boards you neet walking disappointment
>>
>>55964323
if you cant configure it.. you need to limit max connection numbers (under 50) and max upload/download speed
>>
>>55964238
http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
>>
>>55964327
This is an anime board.
>/g/ - Anime/Techloligy
>>
Does thermal paste brand matter or should I just get the $1 stuff from china?
>>
>>55964265
>new motherboard for my i7 2600k
whatever 1155 socket mobo is still available
>graphic card
msi gtx1070
>ram
kingston, corsair, g.skill, whatever really
>>
Is there anywhere I could buy a new Windows 7/ 8.1 laptop or am I fucked
>>
>>55964353
you should not need to buy thermal paste
your heatsink comes with it preaplied or prepackaged
i like arctic mx-4
but really does not matter
>>
>>55964366
buy whatever laptop you want, put on whatever windows you want
http://windowsiso.net/
use kmspico to activate it
>>
>>55964353
Temperature wise it doesn't really matter.
>inb4 mayonnaisegraph.png
Some suggest that better thermal paste lasts longer but [citation needed].

>>55964366
You can put Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 on just about anything. If it must be preinstalled I know Lenovo offers Windows 7 Pro on their new ThinkPads.
>>
How can I get rid of Lubuntu's shit theme. Do I need to install a different theme engine or what? I'm looking for the tweak tool type of stuff that I used to be able to do with Ubuntu and just apply a theme and bang. Is this possible with Lubuntu? It runs great on my shitty old laptop
>>
>>55964381
>>55964397
I thought 7 doesn't work on skylake?
>>
>>55964405
It's not that it doesn't just work, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass to get to work. I think you need to use a different tool to make a windows 7 installer that has some drivers embedded because otherwise it will throw some stupid error.
>>
>>55964354
Thanks a lot I appreciate it.
>>
>>55964434
Depends.

Are you using windows? Is hw acceleration enabled?

I know that on linux some browsers give me that issue.
>>
>>55964405
1) That's just stupid Microsoft™ (((Security and Telemetry))) shit you don't need.
2) It gets support for another year or so.
3) Manufacturers can choose to continue to provide support after M$ stops. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11675/windows-7-windows-8-1-skylake-systems-supported

>>55964429
That's an issue with installing over a USB 3.0 port. There's a utility provided by Intel that does the legwork for you in patching your installation media.
>>
>>55964448
windows 10 and I've tried enabling and disabling hardware acceleration on firefox, no change.
also tried half refresh rate in nvidia control panel.
>>
>>55964452
>(((Security and Telemetry)))
What is this meme?
>>
Hi
On IRC, is there a way to know which channel(s) a user has joined just by knowing their nick?
I tried /whois, and didn't succeed.
>>
dose the monitor plug in to the mother board or graphics card?
>>
>>55964716
Graphics card.
>>
>>55964716
Do you want to use the motherboard/CPU iGPU or video card GPU?
>>
File: donu2.png (32KB, 429x425px) Image search: [Google]
donu2.png
32KB, 429x425px
I have a decent-quality monitor with a good 5ms response time but a wonky 1680x1050 resolution. If I switch to a good 1080p monitor with a 12ms response time, will it feel sluggish, or does it not make that much of a difference?
>>
>>55964772
GtG response times aren't standardized across brands. For example, an 8ms Dell and 5ms Asus are the same.
>>
>>55964772
I don't think you'll notice any difference. Human eye also has a response time.
>>
>>55964730
What are the pros and cons?
>>
>>55964834
If you have bought a graphics card, there is no reason not to use it.
>>
>>55964772
you game enough?
you notice, 12ms is too much if its the official number
>>
>>55964834
iGPUs are extremely weak and use system RAM and VRAM. They are typically suitable for running a desktop or light graphical processing.
Video card GPUs vary widely, but are universally more powerful than iGPUs of the same generation and use dedicated high bandwidth VRAM. They are typically suitable for 3D rendering, heavy graphical processing, and GPGPU computing.
If you have a video card GPU, you should probably be using it.
>>
>>55964959
>and use system RAM and VRAM
and use system RAM for VRAM*
>>
>>55964906
>>55964959
Thanks for the response
>>
File: 1338576495487.png (238KB, 543x417px) Image search: [Google]
1338576495487.png
238KB, 543x417px
>Thinkpad with an eGPU setup and running Debian
>I leave
>monitor black screens
>have to reboot
>only ever seems to happen when I walk away
>no idea what the problem is or how to figure it out
>>
>>55965126
suspend/sleep?
>>
>>55964685
Anyone? Please?
>>
>>55961502
They could also use DHT exclusively. I dunno how popular DHT only magnet links are, but it's possible.
>>
Are any of those $200 Chromebooks any good? I want to pick one up to try out Linux on something other than my Macbook from 2011 which shits on the battery when running Linux because of bad drivers.
>>
>>55963696
My man. This stupid guy thanks you
>>
sometimes i see people asking for total commander alternatives, but i never bother asking why
why are they looking for an alternative? is something wrong with total commander? i still use it
>>
What would be the best 1440p monitor that isn't overly expensive. Preferably 25/25 inch
>>
File: home network.png (87KB, 1746x1383px) Image search: [Google]
home network.png
87KB, 1746x1383px
I want to improve the network in my building, bonding both DSL links, merging wireless into a same AP mesh, and tearing a fiber channel cable between both routers.
anyone for tips ?
>>
File: b8c.jpg (22KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
b8c.jpg
22KB, 356x200px
So, what is the botnet? Why is it bad for me? A lot of botnet programs and services look very comfy and convenient.
>>
>>55965462
Acer G257HU smidpx
>>
What's the best way to deal with system wide text size on OS X? I have a 2013 rMBP and instead of installing random tools to tweak shit with I'd rather know going in how to best make this shit look like it was designed for people with non-handicapped vision
>>
>>55964399
>theme
.... you mean lxde? it's a bit more than just a theme
>>
>>55965467
wat
>>
>>55965619
The only way to improve things is by creating custom resolutions with something like SwitchResX and maybe enable retina resolutions.
>>
I'm trying to set up 2-factor authentication on my iCloud account but it keeps telling me the security code on the debit card associated with iTunes is wrong, despite me triple checking. Its 3 digits. There's no way I've managed to type it wrong this many times
>>
>>55965576
not bad.
Any similar ones?
>>
>>55965688
This is how I used to do things, but I don't think my eyes can take anything smaller than 1080p on a screen this small. Unfortunately 1080p requires scaling and that kills performance. My only options are the "native" resolutions, which are both too big and too small respectively. Shit sucks. iOS doesn't have this problem somehow but OS X does? Nonsense
>>
>>55965701
Thank you very much for sharing your life with us however, this is a stupid QUESTION thread. You only got the first half of the concept right.
>>
>>55965149
I have it disabled, so I don't think so. It never responds to anything when it goes to the black screen anyway.
>>
>>55965852
Should have been obvious. I need help fixing the problem. Pretty sure I stated the problem
>>
In an effort to be more security conscious I've been using unique randomly generated passwords for all my accounts. I can't remember all these passwords so I always have to go to my pw database to log into anything which is annoying and consumes time. Is there a better method?
>>
I have 5 different drives in my tower atm. I would like to get a huge, single SSD that I can encrypt, install Win7 on and transfer all the crap (especially installed programs) from my other drives to. What would be the best route to do this?
>>
>>55966003
KeePassX
>>
which one should I pick
920m 2gb
or pay extra for r9 m375 2gb

for video games. Is it worth bothering to buy anything besides 920m 2gb for a laptop that's supposed to last a year and half?
>>
Why are multiple cores a thing? Is it like the computer having more hands to work with?
>>
File: Capture.png (59KB, 1024x738px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
59KB, 1024x738px
Does changing these settings lead to any actual increases in performance?
>>
what's ssd?

128gb vs 500gb?
>>
>>55966045
Buy a huge single SSD, encrypt it, install win7 and transfer all the crap from your other drives ?
Or am I missing something ?
>>
>>55966250
Programs, not just files. Can't just copy and paste entire C directories. Should've clarified, I almost want to mirror/combine all 5 drives into one big encrypted drive with minimal effort
>>
File: bG7KKJ0.jpg (21KB, 432x341px) Image search: [Google]
bG7KKJ0.jpg
21KB, 432x341px
What's the best processor for $150 and under?
I currently have an intel pentium g3258 because i couldn't afford anything else at the time, but i can't use this piece of shit anymore.
>>
>>55966126
It's a matter of power. We cannot make a single core as powerful as four cores for the same cost with the same materials and methods. Unless you're wondering how multiple cores work. Then the Wikipedia page for 'Parallel computing' has you covered.
>>
what's the best multimeter for electronics (needs uA, mA and capacitance) in the range of $100 - $200 USD??
>>
>>55966075
940m is minimum I would say
unless the "games" are counter strike and minecraft
>>
>>55966306
up the budget
should get i5
its important to get i5
its 4 cores which is bare minimum
>>
>>55966341
In my area 940m is premium. It doubles price.

FF14, overwatch, WoW, Dark Souls 2
>>
>>55966306
The most powerful CPU under $150 is the Intel i3 6300.
The best value CPU under $150 is the Intel i3 6100 at $110.
>>
>>55966403
old games so should be fine I guess
but really not much better than build in
if americunt then they have acer nitro for $600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315305
>>
I mirrored a website, it has a bunch of html files in a folder.I cat'd these files in to one large html file.
I want to look for a certain keyword.I tried grep, but it just copied the file over to the new name.
What am i doing wrong/
>>
Should I put my pictures of anime girls in Anime>Series>Girl, or should i put them in Girls>Anime>Series?
>>
>>55966506
Implement a tag based system my man.
If you insist on inefficiency then Girls\Anime\Series is the least bad.
>>
>>55966558
>Implement a tag based system my man.
How? Any good examples?

>If you insist on inefficiency then Girls\Anime\Series is the least bad.
The only problem with that is then my anime folder just becomes male characters and landscapes.
>>
>>55961665
Csploit is a app for that.
>>
I need a cooler for i7 6700k, will the hyper evo 212 be good? I can't find any Cryorig H7 in europe, open to something else if it's good.
>>
>>55966582
I use TagSpaces. Open source and simple.
>>
>>55962509
Csploit is an App for that
>>
>>55966620
I use a noctua NH-U12S.
>>
>>55966620
It'll work. Don't expect quiet or a mean OC out of it though. Cryorig H5 is better if that's around.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-12+at+10.05.09).jpg (8KB, 146x130px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-12+at+10.05.09).jpg
8KB, 146x130px
Recommended recovery + ROM for a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T?
>>
Win7 is the only one that fucks up on Skylake, right? If I try to use a USB to install 10, I won't have any issues, right?

>>55964531
Echoes. It's a /pol/ meme.
>>
>>55966673
>Cryorig H5 is better if that's around
It isn't so it sucks.

>>55966643
Is it worth the price?
>>
>>55966620
I'm buying the Alpenfohn Matterhorn for my old i5 750. I don't know if it's better than the Hyper 212, but I like Alpenföhn. I use their old K2 cooler on my Xeon and it's very good.
>>
>>55966705
Windows 7 can't install over USB 3.0, not necessarily Skylake. It's easy to work around though. If you're already running 8, 8.1, or 10 Intel has a utility that modifies your Windows 7 installation media for you. Later versions of Windows can install over USB 3.0 without modification.
>>
>>55966754
Thanks, I'll have a look
>>
File: Untitled.png (64KB, 1365x697px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
64KB, 1365x697px
How to fix this?
>>
I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new computer and it's saying there's only a "Drive 0" with no space available. I have an internal 2TB HDD, not to mention the USB itself that I'm trying to load it from.
>>
File: Untitled.png (43KB, 647x587px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
43KB, 647x587px
>>55966816
Google isn't exactly helpful with it.
>>
>>55966828
I fucked with the HDD cables a bit and now it doesn't even register the "Drive 0."
>>
>>55960926
You need to use this: https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
>>
>>55961277
Just secure it. I drove 200 miles with it in the back seat
>>
>>55960793
chromebook, put linux on it. I did this to also replace an aging n450 atom netbook from way too long ago.
>>
File: 1469920177695.jpg (137KB, 634x898px) Image search: [Google]
1469920177695.jpg
137KB, 634x898px
Are there any non-shady VPN chrome extensions?

I want to watch stuff from other countries like the States, I had tried Hola but they've been caught doing dodgy shit.

If not, what is the easiest way to trick a browser into thinking I'm native? Thanks.
>>
whats the verdict on the Dell Latitude 14 7000 Series (E7470)?

Im looking to pick up a new computer, probably going to flash Linux on it.
>>
If my mobo came with a CD containing drivers and such, and I plug that CD into my other computer and put those drivers onto a USB, I can just use that USB to update the BIOS, right?
>>
>>55962327
If you have to ask for hacking help. You'll never be anything but a script kitty
>>
>>55966816
>>55966898
You sent data, and it was rejected.
Check your configs
>>
>>55967070
cont..

or is the Thinkpad x260 the better pick?
>>
>>55967086
What configs?
What do I need to change?
>>
>>55967078
That is a way to put drivers on it, yes. But if you can you should might as well download them from the manufacturers website if you can. Also why are you trying to update the bios? Especially from a cd? Most people never touch the bios once, and I see no reason to use the cd for that.
>>
>>55967064

This, want to watch AS.
>>
>>55967064
If the VPN is free it's always using you to gain money in some way.
No one would pay to set up expensive servers and make them free for everyone.
>>
>>55967246
I'm not sure what exactly I'm trying to do. I just can't get the thing to recognize my HDD so I can install Windows.

>update the BIOS
I'm not sure I phrased that correctly. I need to get these drivers on my Windows install so it'll stop giving me >>55966828
>>
>>55967269
This. You can hope that it's just advertisements but... let's be real, it's not.
>>
File: 1469993551209.jpg (27KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
1469993551209.jpg
27KB, 480x259px
>>55967343

Even if that is the case, what can I do?

I just need the web server to think I'm accessing from their country.

If I remember correctly back in the day you could source random IPs and manually input them in your browser or something.

I was really hoping there would be an trustworthy chrome extension that did this, even if there is some ad factor.
>>
whats the best music player for android?
>>
File: raspicable2-600x600.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
raspicable2-600x600.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
Whats the cheapest way to connect a RPi to a TV? The cheapest cable.
The TV has VGA, DVI and RCA input, besides SCART.
Where can I get pic related? (the cables)
>>
>>55967428
mx player
>>
>>55967395
Are you unwilling to pay at all?
>>
>>55967440
You have to step up your Google game son, hope it helps.

https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/accessories/audio-cables/av-composite-cable-3.5mm-to-3-x-rca-3m
>>
>>55967321
It would help if you could share the EXACT message windows gave you. But I'm thinking you should check your bios settings at any rate. Make sure AHCI is turned on and RAID is not. Then when you go to install 10 choose custom installation and make sure all partitions are deleted before proceeding.
>>
>>55967440
any dollar store.
>>
>>55967509

I'm only using it to occasionally watch something on an American site.

It wouldn't see everyday use, I don't need to hide my activities. Just fool a site into thinking I'm local every once in a while.

For that reason I don't want to pay for a VPN service, as I mentioned I tried Hola before and it did the job but apparently they were doing something diabolical that I can't seem to remember.
>>
>>55967395
>>55967064

Try TunnelBear VPN, it's an extension.
>>
>>55967579
So download it third party and watch it?
>>
File: CDI.jpg (441KB, 1376x736px) Image search: [Google]
CDI.jpg
441KB, 1376x736px
Should I be worried?
>>
>>55967602

Sometimes I just like to stream it direct from source, since that is an option it's just the IP restricting that.

Usually you have to wait a few days for the torrent and as soon as I'm done I delete it anyway.

>>55967591

Thanks I'll look into it.
>>
>>55967610
yes
shut down and backup now
>>
>>55967565
>AHCI
>RAID

I have no idea where or what those are.

Anyway
>skip product key screen
>choose Windows 10 Pro
>accept license agreement
>click custom
>Drive selection
>only option is "Drive 0 Unallocated Space" which has a total size and free space both equol to 0.0 MB
>At the bottom of that window it says "Windows can't be installed on this drive. (Show Details)"
>>
Lets say I have a Laptop with a battery that doesn't last much.

Would installing on it a light version of X Linux Distro (Xubuntu, etc) save battery?
>>
>>55967662
no
>>
>>55967610
Yeah. Reallocated sectors are imminent failure indicator. Although the drive could probably work for a few more years if you're lucky.
>>
>>55967662
No, it'd make it worse.

Use whatever the laptop came with, it'll be optimised for that.
>>
>>55967627
>>55967676

Coolio. I'll backup my shit and run them till they fail.
>>
>>55967649
Those are words. You find them in your bios, and you set them to on and off respectively. If you don't know how to get to them, find them in your motherboard manual. It's online, often with several pages of pictures detailing every setting in your bios and how to get to it.

Also what does it say under "show details"?
>>
What can you use a virtual desktop for?
>>
>>55967544
thanks buddy
>>55967570
we dont have dollars in europe
>>
>>55963769

Isn't my question stupid enough?
>>
>>55967714
>This partition is too small. Make the size of this partition at least 9503 MB or select another partition.

The delete option is also grayed out. When I click Load Drivers, it brings me to another window and says it can't find drivers. I have not installed any sort of drivers at this point.
>>
>>55966768
>>55964452

Could I get a link to that intel patching utility? Up until now I've only heard about individual mobo companies providing specific patchers for their own equipment and I figured they weren't cross-compatible.
>>
>>55967798
Right. Fix the bios settings and then come back
>>
>>55967662
It depends. If the system was running a lot of bloat that consumed power then running a more resource efficient OS might save power by reducing workload.
>>
>>55967838
I don't even think my HDD is recognized by my BIOS. It has a header called SATA Information and all of the "SATA6G_(1-6)" slots say N/A.
>>
>>55967934
Have you checked those settings yet?
>>
File: Phoenix OS Error.png (33KB, 845x643px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix OS Error.png
33KB, 845x643px
I just installed windows XP in virtualbox so I could install Phoenix OS. Phoenix is a version of Android X86. When it boots I get this error when Phoenix goes to take over.
Anyone know what to do to fix this? Do I need to have VirtualBox set to 64 bit?
>>
>>55967954
>SATA Controller(s) - Enabled
>SATA Mode Selection - AHCI

This is what it was on when I found it. And all six of the SATA slots are enabled. None of them show anything plugged in.
>>
How do I learn Linux in just five days?
>>
>>55967818
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility
>insert pointless scolding about how you could just Google it here
>>
>>55968002

Install Ubuntu and play around with it. write some bash scripts
>>
where tf did desktop threads go?
>>
How do people survive on 2gb of ram? Best light wight distro to install on a new laptop with 2gb of ram?
>>
>>55968043
WE DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.
>>
>>55961847
look up superfetch, it's how windows manages unused ram and can lead to questions like this
>>
>>55968001
Is raid turned on?
>>
>>55968057
>new laptop
>2gb ram
what the fuck are you doing nigger
>>
>>55968090
There is no separate option for RAID as far as I can see. It's either/or and it's set to AHCI.
>>
>>55968057
The best distro I can think of would be literally whatever runs long enough for you to order some fucking RAM.
>>
>>55968043
banned
>>
>>55968028
So bash is the preferred terminal language?
>>
File: caching.png (10KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
caching.png
10KB, 640x360px
>>55961847
Its called caching, its something you want.
Why did you buy so much ram then? Clearly 1mb is enough

linuxatemyram.com
>>
>>55968057
Ubuntu MATE, Lubuntu/Xubuntu, Debian, Antergos.

Using Firefox with three tabs open and a few other applications and it's using around 800 MB on Ubuntu MATE.
>>
OpenGL vs. Vulkan

Tell me, Which one is better considering the future.
>>
>>55968125
where is this specified in the rules?
>>
>>55968101
Then use a different power cord and sata to attach the HDD
>>
So, finally had enough of AVG, after it freezing up after finally finishing a scan, and uninstalled it, and everything seems a lot faster.

So, dumb question time,
>was that the right thing to do?
>Am I better off without an antivirus?
>Which antivirus would I be better off getting that doesn't introduce purple gorillas to my computer
>>
>>55968187
The fact that every thread gets banned
>implied
8.Complaining about 4chan (its policies, moderation, etc) on the imageboards may result in post deletion and a ban.
>>
>>55968009
That utility isn't for updating windows 7 to recognize the XHCI controller on skylake based boards in general, it's for making a handful of intel's celeron based NUCs (intel brand minicomputers) that happen to lack usb 2 ports install over 3.0. They're two completely different things.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-07-14-03-10.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-07-14-03-10.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
My PC bluescreens every time I log in and I get this message.

I have tried different RAM so i know that's not the issue, and somehow it seems I've fried my HDD as well (tried it in a different PC), and also tried my boot drive SSD in another pc just to be sure and it worked fine.

So from where I see it, it has to be the motherboard. I tried the power supply on my old PC and it seemed to work as well.

Should I RMA it and keep everything? It's only been a year.

Alternatively, should I just get a new mobo and an upgrade to an i7 and just use the remaining parts?

My pc has been working fine until this point so I'm kind of at a loss at what to do.
>>
>>55968206
Should the HDD feel like it's spinning or vibrating or something? It seems pretty silent.
>>
>>55968325
Yeah I'd say you should be able to tell that a little sound/vibration is coming out. Might be a dud drive or power not getting to it.
>>
>>55968318
>iusb3xhc.sys
Google this
>>
File: image.jpg (739KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
739KB, 1536x2048px
>>55968348
This is where the SATA and power cables are plugged in. Does something seem off here? Is it important knowledge that it's mounted in a cage with the silver side facing upwards?

Do note that I'm obviously not running it with it out of the tower like this, so don't worry about that.
>>
>>55968380
That should be right. I would remove and reconnect those cables there and at the motherboard/PSU end if you can, make sure everything is FIRMLY attached, and try using different cables if you can. If you have a dvd drive or a spare HDD/SDD around then try swapping that in to see if the system recognizes it.
>>
>>55968315
The utility slipstreams the drivers into your installation. I don't see what your problem is if Windows 7 is already installed. You can just download the drivers normally.
>>
>>55968468
Now that I'm able to get a good listen, it makes four little buzzing tones as soon as I power the computer on.
>>
>>55910106
>why won't firefox tell me WHICH addons are incompatible with e10s
I'm sorry, I just had to reply to this archived post it was so fucking moronic. Did you ever stop to realize that addons have been working perfectly fine with e10s on Aurora and Nightly? You are some special kind of retard.
>>
>>55968520
Could be it's trying to come on but it's dying. I would try connecting that drive to a different system and seeing if disk management recognizes it, and try connecting a different drive to this system to test the connections. If it is just a busted drive I don't think there will be much more we can do to help diagnose it.
>>
>>55968585
I'm pretty sure it's just fucked. It's a Hitachi.

Will https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7m5cil6KezI work or should I just get Amazon to replace it?
>>
>>55961990
Snobby yet informative. Thanks I guess.
>>
What reason is there to run programs in separate vms? I see a lot og home server setups with several VMs in them for specific programs.
>>
File: 1417241198771.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1417241198771.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>55968635
Bruh.
>>
File: Untitled.png (91KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
91KB, 1366x728px
How do I convert this stream into a video?
>>
What's the best way to fuck up a prank caller's day? (Without taling legal action)
>>
I have a usb led strip
How can I get this inside my case?
>>
>>55968714
Trace the call and break their legs,
>>
>>55968739
Find the ends, attach some wires, and jam them into a +3.3 and ground? Or maybe find a proper connector? Like a molex?
>>
>>55968714
Live a good life.
>>
>>55968739
I've been thinking about cutting a hole in one of my case's PCI-slot covers to run a usb hub cable from my mobo io to inside my case. Then I'd run an led strip and a small always-on SoC inside my computer.

Would probably be cleaner to use the usb pins on the motherboard itself.
>>
>>55968504
Alright, I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful, we need as many people like that as possible. But I'm not sure you understand what we're talking about here.

Windows 7 does not have drivers for USB 3 or the XHCI controller that was developed for the USB 3 spec. This means that you cannot install windows over a USB 3 port, but also you can't install it over ANY port if your processor is skylake, because usb 1, 2 and 3 are all managed by an XHCI controller on skylake. So you need to patch your windows 7 installer with XHCI support before attempting to install, unless you happen to have an INTERNAL dvd drive. If you successfully install windows from dvd without the drivers, then you will probably need to use a linux live cd etc. to copy over drivers before you can establish internet/usb connectivity because those are usually missing from the new install.

That utility is built specifically to insert drivers meant for the NUCs, not for intel based boards in general. It would be kickass if it worked on all skylake boards, but I don't see anything to indicate that. Thus far every manufacturer has released patchers specific to their own boards.
>>
>>55968635
kek
>>
File: 1395948414807.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1395948414807.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>55968848
I used that utility for my Lenovo X260 without issue. Skylake processor and only USB 3.0. Lenovo said I should use their drivers and slipstream them manually but that sounded like a lot of work so I tried this instead and it worked just fine. Maybe I'm the luckiest nigga out there but maybe you're overthinking this.
>>
>>55968936
Interesting. Did the tool itself actually copy a windows 7 onto a different source? Like a DVD/mounted ISO/flasdrive onto a different flash drive? Or did you have a copy already sitting on a flashdrive and it just modified a few files? I'm really interested in hearing from a confirmed case
>>
>>55964248
>contrary to retards believe
>>
>>55969065
>Or did you have a copy already sitting on a flashdrive and it just modified a few files?
This.
To be more precise I made my USB using Rufus from an .iso, like normal. Tried to use it but it didn't work for obvious reasons. So I looked around as to why, ended up downloading the utility. It told me to select my installation media, so I did, and then it just rebuilt it with the new drivers as part of the installation process.
>>
Just today my laptop that runs Windows 8.1 started freezing on login. The only things I did before the freezing was run malware bytes because things weren't running as smooth.

I've also booted into the advanced options menu and tried to do a system restore but I get errors related to not being able to extract a file.

At this point I have no clue what to do. Is there any way just to get this thing back up running normally without freezing?
>>
>>55969152
Thanks. I'll have to make a new 7 disk and try that out next time I'm working on a skylake. Would be nice having a one-size-fits-all copy of 7 again.
>>
>>55969101
I want to map that sentence to a keyboard macro
>>
>>55969654
I contrary to retards believe recommend contrary to retards believe space.
>>
how can I burn DVD's that will play in a DVD player or Console in Windows 10?
>>
>>55969784
You don't, because everything plays better than 720 x 480 video now, through more convenient mediums than discs.
>>
>>55969784
If you already have the iso just use an iso burner like active iso. If you need to make the dvd from a video file than you will need to find a movie/dvd creation suite
>>
Let's say i open a webm on a new tab on Chrome my screen kind of gets darker and everything goes back to normal when i change the tab.

It goes gradually obviously, what the fuck is happening?

It happens when there is a lot of dark colors on screen it just dims the whole screen
>>
>>55968616
Dear god don't do that. You will void the fuck out of your warentee and if a spec of dust got in there you would probably end your drive anyway. Amazon is great about returns, and even if they weren't I would still try and go through the manufacturer before opening a drive, especially since you don't have anything important on it.
>>
>>55968616
Some HDDs don't even work after you open them, because they need the screws torqued to a very specific value. Also dust instagibs the drive when you open it.
>>
For the same money which is better?

DDR4 SDRAM or DDR4?
>>
What handheld affordable radios will receive NXDN 12.5 kHz digital voice (Wide IDAS, NEXEDGE)?
>>
New Thread:

>>55969186
>>55969186
>>55969186
>>55969186
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.