[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop, or Tablet + Desktop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: slide6.jpg (14KB, 202x320px) Image search: [Google]
slide6.jpg
14KB, 202x320px
I'm using some student loan dosh to get a GOOD computer this next few weeks, and I'm not sure what "loadout" to go with. I have a shit toshiba satellite that can run most games on low graphics but is having some kind of hard drive failure that makes it slow as fuck to read/write, and then I have a surface pro 1, which also can run most games fine on low, but lack of USB ports or HDMI out and shit storage space makes it not good as a main machine. I wanna be covered as far as having something portable with high battery life, and then having something that can run some games for a few years.
Should I -
A) Build a 600 dollar rig, buy two matching monitors, making it around 800-900, and then just use my surface pro 1 at school
B) Build a shittier 500 dollar rig, only get ONE monitor like a chump, making it around 650, and then get an android tablet or an ipad or something
C) Just get a surface pro 3 or 4 and a dock, which will be like 900+ dollars minimum after all is said and done but it'll be seamless
Someone pls hjalp to decide I can't imagine which is going to be the least inconvenient because the setup I have now is like whipping ball torture
>>
Thinkpad x201t
>>
A
>>
Why not have a laptop/desktop hybrid?

X220T thinkpad here with EGPU dock when I get home for gaming.
>>
>>55956344
I got this same setup with a quad core t420 and 3 drives.
>>
>>55956440
That sounds dumb .You want a laptop for portability. Not a huge ass heavy brick.
>>
>>55956450
Since when a 14" five pound laptop is a "heavy brick"?
>>
>>55956344
>EGPU dock
Do you find it pretty satisfying as far as posture and shit goes? Is it easy to use another monitor as your main monitor once you dock it in?
>>
>>55956545
Yeah? Why wouldn't it be?
>>
If you're a student just go with a decent tier laptop. Your budget is only going to allow to build a shit rig, and you'll need to have something more portable that you can bring with you to class. IMO, its a pain in the ass to do schoolwork on multiple devices, so you might just want a laptop that can do it all for you.

Once you start making real cash you can start to flesh out your devices.
>>
>>55956616
That sounds like a good plan, you make a good point. I know I'd never be satisfied anyways if it wasn't a dream rig. I'll try to look through some thinkpads or something and find a good one.
>>55956583
I dunno, I just don't know much about the docking stations. I was looking into them a bit after your post, I think I'm definitely gonna pick one up for the laptop I get.
Thanks all for the advice, /g/uys
>>
>>55956344
How do I get this setup?
>>
>>55956803
>>55956816

It's not really a dock. It plugs into the express card slot . Really simple and easy to setup.
http://m.banggood.com/Expresscard-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1009976.html
>>
>>55956846
>Chink trash
Nah.

Anything official?
>>
>>55956859
>Chink

They are the only ones that make em . Too bad for you anon. My RX480 runs fine on it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.