[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fitbit charge hr is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3950.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3950.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
this device is shit, basically when pic related happens (firmware update fail), all you can do is throw this piece of shit in the garbage.
>>
fitbit is nothing but a high-margin meme.

>Costs $10 to make
>Software is shit
>Step counter is wildly inaccurate
>Costs $150
>still sells millions
>>
>>55953472
totally agree, do you have any alternative suggestions with better software and quality? not a watch but a bracelet?
>>
>>55953605

An ankle-worn device is going to be more accurate measuring steps than anything worn on your wrists.
>>
>>55953791

i could give zero shits about steps, it's heart rate and calories burned that interest me, gonna see what apple pulls for apple watch 2 in September and get that if it's any good, because clearly pajeets at fitbit have no fucking clue wtf they are doing at this point.
>>
Chalk up one for "fitbits are utter shite"
>>
>>55953857
The only reason to use fitbit products is if your friends are using them. And the Apple watch is almost certainly going to have the same shitty kind of HR sensor as the current one have. If there are only 2 green LEDs then the sensor will most likely be poor.

You should check out running and triathlon watches. Pretty much all of them support activity tracking, smart phone notifications and the optical heart rate sensors don't suck ass if it's from one of the bigger brands. Now the fitbit charge hr is accurate enough as long you don't do workouts with it.
>>
>>55953431
>>55953472
I always wondered how this shite is $150, you get two days of battery and it's total shit as an alarm.

Why wouldn't you just want a watch with a proper watch battery that can also have some smart functionality.
>>
Doesn't even have HR sensor
that feel when chinks Xiaomi has 10x better product than merica
>>
>>55954721
>fitbit charge hr
Can't you read? For your information it's the same kind of shit optical sensor in the fitbit charge hr as the Xiaomi mi 1s band. Just that fitbit has slightly better software so the day to day heart rate is more accurate. Both suffer from too few leds and only green leds. Plus poor software in both cases in case you are going to train with them.

I'll look forward if they can improve the mi 1s band's successor. Too bad you are more or less locked to whatever products your friends are using if that's your thing.
>>
>>55954892
>too few leds

how many leds do you need?
>>
>>55954498
abbarently apple watch is pretty accurate http://9to5mac.com/2015/05/08/apple-watch-heart-rate-monitor-accuracy/
>>
Garmin vivoactive HR is a real thing. 5-7 days of batt life. Always on color visible in sun light display. Gps, hrm and ant+ support. Notifications from all apps from phone. App store to instal new apps(i.e. terrain maps). 249$ retail price is as cheap as dirt for features what delivers.
>>
File: image13.png (76KB, 1024x364px) Image search: [Google]
image13.png
76KB, 1024x364px
>>55955344
It's not consistent enough. See my pic. Also was that test done with the MIO on the same arm? If yes the test shows nothing and can be disregarded.

>>55955314
I'd say 3 is minimum but it depends on how tight you can get the sensor to the wrist too. 2 green ones and one yellow should allow for the most accurate heart rate capture on all skin types. Some do 6 green leds to ensure they get good enough data. MIO Link is quite accurate for only having 2 green leds. Scoche rythm+ is the most accurate optical sensor on the market with 2 green and 1 yellow led.
>>
>>55955486
>Garmin vivoactive HR

functionality wise looks sweet, but way too bulky and even more ugly, let's be honest here, something like this is also a fashion accessory, and must look good if you wear it all day.
>>
>>55955512
that chart doesn't look normal to me, who the fuck collected the data? looks like the data tampered with on purpose for apple watch
>>
>>55955564
there is way too many data points missing
>>
>>55955528
Not bulky vivoactive hr is fenix 3 which is like 550usd. Vivosmart hr+ have gps plus hrm and all most important features but price is high and you have to deal with small non color display and quite poor batt lifetime.
You have also samsung fit gear 2 but superduper amoled display sucks on sunlight, gps and hrm is not-so-accurate, battery runs out fast as hell when you use any of its features and even app lacks in deeper analysis of gathered data(like cadence when running for example).
>>
>>55955528
There's the Polar A360 but the heart rate accuracy is so so and no GPS. They also released an android wear clock that looks neat feature wise. Design wise it doesn't look like a modern smart watch though.

If you are going to splurge you could probably go with the Garmin Forerunner 735XT. It looks like a watch.
>>
>>55955588
>>55955594

between the two vĂ­vosmart HR+ looks like a good candidate
>>
>>55953605
>alternative suggestions

save your money
>>
In my country I can have Fitbit surge for like 110-120$ barley used/new. It's a deal breaker for what it's offers.
>>
>>55953431
It's just snake oil from a cult.
>>
>>55955564
>>55955584
Not him but I recognise the charts. That's a dc rainmaker review and he does really good sports tech reviews. You can probably find .tcx files for the sessions at http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/02/apple-watch-review.html.

And what do you mean too many data points missing? That looks like an optical sensor not being able to find the heart rate so the algorithm goes haywire during the 56 minutes long training session.
>>
>>55955708
that's really bad
>>
>>55953431
Or just RMA it like a normal person.
>>
>>55953431
I've got an Alta, it doesn't do HR but at least it works
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.